Mercure Resort Sanur
Segara Village Hotel(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$128
$76
Agoda.com
Prime Plaza Suites(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$60
$178
$162
$422
$217
Sudamala Suites & Villas(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$114
$97
The Pavilions Bali(Sanur)
$195
$160
$199
$191
2,490 results
All reviewsdeluxe roomprivate beachfree shuttleplenty of sunbedsbeach barlow tideegg stationwalk along the beachbuffet breakfastwelcome drinkrelaxing staysun loungersrestaurants and barsbeach sidepoolsbaligenius
Reviewed September 20, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
MercureResortSanur, General Manager at Mercure Resort Sanur, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2015

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Ill start with the positives. The grounds are lovely and I found the location to be perfect - beachfront and in a very quiet part of town - far enough away from the hustle and bustle but close enough to walk to some great restaurants etc. the hotel has a shuttle to Hardys and taxi fares are very cheap! The pools are nice however they seriously need to consider updating the pool chairs and installing some umbrellas for shade.
The rooms - well I did get a great deal through Agoda for a deluxe room. After paying in advance I started to notice really bad reviews on here and other sites so I emailed the hotel with my concerns. Alarm bells should have rung when it took a week for them to reply and then only said tat it was an old hotel and the last renovation was done in 2006. They assured me they would put me in a nice room with a nice view. Not once did they address my concerns re the cleanliness. We arrived in the evening and were too tired to take it in. We dd note there was no view though. By morning, I was horrified. No hot water for a shower. The shower was very mouldy and hadn't seen a cleaner in months. The water didnt drain in the shower and just ran in the toilet - it didn't stop. There were termites eating at the woodwork, everything was dusty, there was only a tiny bin and the wifi didn't work in my room at all. This was room 205. I went and complained and asked them to review my email. They moved me to room 214. The wifi worked in that room and the shower/toilet worked and the water was warm not hot so it was marginally better. I was very concerned at the termites (or whatever they were) eating away at all the woodwork. On four separate occasions my room key didn't work - always late at night so I had to go all the way back to reception as there is no phone anywhere and they neither seemed surprised nor did they care!
Service - there was none. The Balinese are known for their friendliness but not at this hotel. There were some that were just down right rude. Especially the man in one of the pool bars - in 4 days I did not see him smile once! And the reception staff and the taxi counter who refused to get me a taxi - they would only offer a private car. One of the drivers I used commented to me that the GM is known to be not very good and this is very apparent in the staff morale and state of the rooms. Don't care that they are old - but a lick of paint (itvwas peeling) never hurts nor does a spot of bleach!!!
I found it very disappointing and couldn't recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Tash M

Dear Guest,
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to send us your feedback. We're concerned with the satisfaction of our guest and your feedback is a great value of us. Please let us apologize for letting you down on your return. It is with sincere regret that we note your dissatisfaction with our team and facilities. On behalf of hotel team, we wish to say thank you for your continuous support and we hope you will give us the opportunity to welcoming you again in our resort.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times now and as long as you know what you are getting you should not be dissapointed.First of all we arranged pick up at the airport and although our plane was 2 hours late the driver was still there to pick us up.....very good service. Check in was efficient and we were shown to our room. The room was clean (slight mouldy smell but nothing really) but was quite dated and in need of refurbishment.Air con / tv etc all worked well.
Breakfast grew a little tiresome.....there was a good selection of foods but not changed often enough
One of the dissapointments was the front pool that was not clear and had debris floating on top
Staff are great specially the front desk. a good bonus is that when you check out if you have a while to wait before your plane then you can use the area they have which has a shower, bar area and snacks to purchase. All in all for the money you play it is good value

Room Tip: I believe that there is not much difference between the superior and the deluxe room.the deluxe room has a larger internal room but the superior room has a bigger balcony
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrchrisK

Dear Guest,
We thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Mercure Resort Sanur Bali. It is with a great pleasure that we have accepted your compliments towards us. Your satisfaction is the best reward for our staff to strive the best quality of service.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had two rooms on the ground floor so it was like having our own private patio. One of our rooms were updated and the other not, but OK anyway.The grounds are lovely with scents of tropical flowers. But the ocean is very shallow and at low tide, there is a large mud flat. We had to wait until 10 am to go kayaking because there is no water. We took advantage of the breakfast buffet special of $10 plus tax each. It was fine but lots of cheaper places nearby.

Room Tip: We liked being on the ground floor with our "private" patio shared with only one other room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family