If you want to go to Bali for a relaxing holiday Mercure Resort Sanur is the place to stay. The shady palms right on the beach with plenty of lounges and space for everyone were our favourite thing about the resort. Other resorts along the boardwalk seemed to have limited lounges and not much shade but Mercure has plenty of shade to relax under and the area is so quiet. The pool area is also nice and is close to the large shaded area. The gardens are also lovely and neat and well kept. The rooms are spread out over the grounds in blocks which means you are not waking up in the morning looking straight across at someone else on their balcony.
There are plenty of restaurants and cheap massage places within easy walking distance of the Resort or you can catch the free shuttle bus up to the other end of Sanur if you prefer a change. There is also easy access from the hotel to drivers and taxis if you want to go exploring further.
We stayed 4 nights and asked for a renovated room which we were told we had but were told it had been renovated 3 or 4 years ago. The fittings in the bathroom were fairly new as had a great rain shower, however the decor/furnishings could definitely do with an update as were orange and brown which is fairly typical for Bali I guess but could be better. The size of the room and the bathroom was great though with plenty of space. The layout was a bit unusual with the wardrobe area, safe and fridge in the bathroom! Our room was close to the restaurant and pool area but still quiet enough so location was good. Breakfast is good with a good variety of hot and cold foods however they need to find covers for the bread as we saw a few flies on it some mornings. Staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. However the welcome/check in process was a bit slow and could be improved as we were given a voucher for a welcome drink which when we went to get it was pre poured and just tasted like cordial.
We would definitely return to Mercure Resort Sanur and recommend it as good value if you want to just have a relaxing holiday by the pool with a book to read and a nice quiet location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Resort Sanur Bali, a resort with contemporary Balinese design featuring 189 guest rooms in 41 Balinese cottages with traditional thatched rooftops. Each guest room has it’s own private balcony overlooking the tropical garden. Only 20 minutes away from the Ngurah Rai International airport. Has a direct access to a white sand beach. A stone pathways will lead you around 5 hectares luscious tropical garden, with its fragrant trees, towering palm and coconut tress, and more than 100 species of flora.A perfect place to relax while experiencing the beauty of Bali’s unique culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Resort Sanur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Resort Sanur Hotel Sanur
- Mercure Hotel Sanur
- Accor Hotel Sanur
- Mercure Resort Sanur Bali