“Was a great place - did not like the rip off”
Review of The Trophy Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sanur
The Trophy Hotel
Ranked #97 of 139 Sanur B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We used to go to the Trophy pub a lot for dinner whilst in Bali (can't comment on the accommodation) and it was always great. Just loved the place. Went back this time expecting the same, and as usual the food was very good. What got us was the bill. We noticed this time a 15% service charge on our bill? Most places charge nothing or 10%.

Had a good meal however and went to pay by visa card. They then charged us an extra 3% to pay this way. Effectively nearly a 20% premium for nothing!

What a pity a great place in Bali with great food is spoiled by greedy owners who try to get every cent out of tourists that they can. VERY DISAPPOINTED!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The Trophy Hotel

Reviewed January 21, 2012

I didn't stay at the trophy pub but used to go along for a drink most nights stayed in sanur for one month and got to know all the staff there very friendly +the drink was very cheap and great value try their crazy crush refreshing taste good live music would go back again all round great pub 5*

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Very fiendly place, basic but clean, we stayed for a month and no priblems with our room in that time, the in house laundry is very cheap, food is well priced and tasty, The swimming pool is a dream, its well kept and the water is hot, the money changer in the complex is a rip off, anyone can go into the bank next door in the hotel sanur beach which gives good rates or there is an atm in the bar area of thorhy restaurant.Hardys supermarket is cheap and only 10000rp , in a cab, about 60p so well worth a visit

Room Tip: room 4 and 5 are right by the pool,
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2011

Have stayed there a few times.Rooms cheap. ,room,double bed,bathroom with bath ensuite,a/c noisy,fridge,tv,opens out onto nice large fishpond.Pool.Staff very friendy.Across the road is another "pub",another couple close by.Close to massage(eidlewies),cheap and good.Beach 5 minutes.
Good cheap javan open cafe at end of road .Very basic.Good original food.$4?
(to right as go out).70 meters.
Moneychanger in complex dicky.
Not a pub but more an open air bistro with bar under a large canopy.
The worse thing is the salemen as you go out.Taxi,Taxi,taxi...
Quiet.Cheap.Friendly.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 10, 2010

We did not stay in the hotel, however while we were in Sanur, we ate there almost everyday. The food was very tasty and cheap. The staff were very friendly and the open restaurant/bar had a great atmosphere at night. I would recommend this place to eat if you're after a cheap, tasty and safe meal in Sanur.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Stayed here one night on the way to our diving holiday. The rooms as basic but clean and they come with air con and hot water for only 18$ which i think is pretty good! Includes breakfast and the dinner we had the night before was tasty and good value as well. Staff were friendly and polite..

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Helen G
Reviewed July 25, 2009

I arrived around 5am after finding the adjacent Waterhole 2 hotel (recommended by lonely planet) was full. The guy at the front desk agreed to letting me stay till 12 noon the next calender day (i.e. about 30 hrs) for 180,000 Rp. On the payment receipt, I insisted he write down explicitly I paid to stay till noon next day.

The place has about 10 units. He assigned me to a room facing the Sanur Beach Hotel. The unit has very loud but working A/C, other than that, the bed was comfortable and bathroom was acceptable (w/o hot water).

Everything went smoothly until the morning of my departure. No one was at the front desk, but I was trying to be nice and waited for someone to show up to return the key. When the cleaning lady did show up, she asked me to pay another day's rent saying this was what her boss wanted her to tell me (I simply can't believe that !!!) I showed her the signed receipt which clearly states I paid all due but I am not sure she understands English written there. I ignored her demand and left in anger.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo