“2nd time back, even better :) !”

Peneeda View Beach Hotel
Ranked #21 of 78 Hotels in Sanur
Singapore
“2nd time back, even better :) !”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My 2nd time here after 2 years and glad to say that this time round, the experience was even better. Some similar positives and negatives as per the last trip, but what definitely improved over the last visit was the 1. free wi-fi (it's available ALL over Bali now) and 2. the 24 hrs free-flow of freshly ground and brewed coffee (it's actually pretty good coffee). 3. service was actually friendlier and better than last visit.

It was also good to see the hotel take its maintainance seriously. There were a couple of villas under-going complete overhaul when we stayed there- flooring, furnishing etc. were stripped and changed.

Pros:
1. good price
2. not too many units
3. great location - quieter part of Bali, near Hardy's supermarket, beachfront
4. beach front restaurant for daily breakfast
5. great service - the blinds at the beachfront were down due to rain, when we inquired if they could be raised, the staff replied that they were there to prevent rain from coming in. A little while later, once the rain had let up, the same staff came by with another to raise the blinds without any prompting or reminder.

Cons:
1. still no blinds across frosted glass in family room, which means sun light comes in at about 6am, making it difficult for kids to sleep in late.
2. some imperfections to property still e.g. bathroom door that couldn't be locked (didn't matter to me as I was staying with family, but may be important to some)

All in all, a boutique hotel for people looking for something quiet, a little quirky, nicely located, relaxed and affordable place, who are prepared to accept some imperfections.

Room Tip: For family units, ask for odd number rooms which face west. Even numbered rooms face east, meaning i...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Leedon73

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sausalito
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed here with a yoga retreat group. The whole experience was terrible. It might not have been so bad, if I didn't pay so much. I realize that this is a cheap hotel so had I not paid much to stay there, I would have expected a lot less. But I paid A LOT to the group leader. She made a big profit I guess. Either way, it was disgusting. I was in India last year and stayed at a few scary places. This one was close to the worst. It was filthy! I was afraid to sleep in the bed, the sheets seemed like they had not been washed in several weeks or months. I took my shoes off and my clean feet were black in about 2 minutes. The smell in the room was terrible. The breakfast was terrible. barely edible. I had a problem locking my door and thought I was going to have to sleep alone without the door being locked. I got it working in the end though after they told me I could not switch rooms. We did yoga outside by the pool and they could not even manage to clean the floor for us. It was an icky experience I hope never to repeat!

2 Thank ShaktiFlow
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Started well with an upgrade to a two bedroomed villa instead of a club lumbung room. A little big for me on my own but nice to have space.

Very pleasant facilities, long narrow block. The restaurant by the beach was wonderful for breakfast and lunch. The pools were like warm baths! The villa was comfortable and air conditioning good. An issue was attended to within an hour.

Handy location, walking distance to Hardys and several restaurants on the main road.

More than happy to stay again. Good value for money for a hotel on the beach.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Centrally located and right on the beach. Gardens are lovely giving you a real Balinese feel. Breakfast area is overlooking the beach and you have a choice of toast, eggs anyway, nasi or mie goreng, fruit etc so was quite adequate. The rooms are not 5 star but we didn't pay for 5 star. The beds are comfortable and the A/c works really well. The bathrooms are quite nice. There are 3 pools on the property and most of the time we found we had a pool to ourselves. Most of the guests were very friendly and chatty when having our breakfast and we met some really nice people. I loved getting up early every morning and watching the sunrise with the local beach dogs. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Tip, out the front on the beach (to the right) is a small warung called Warung Pantai Indah that has cheap cold beers and really good satays. We had quite a few lunches there.

4 Thank vicki t
Perth
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Friendly staff, handy to the big Hardy's 3 story department store, supermarket. Good Massage facilities just up the road. Very safe, located well off the road right next to the beach. Lots of nice resaurants walking distance. Breakfast is superb and good value.

Room Tip: Its well priced so go for the most expensive and have breakfast included.
1 Thank Norvsta
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I was looking for a reasonably priced hotel on the beach in Sanur as we were only staying a few days. I'm very glad I chose Peneeda View as I thought it was excellent value and had all the facilities you need. I recommend the mother & daughter who do the massages there - some of the best massages we've ever had (and that includes professional ones in Australia!) and pretty much the same price as you pay on the beach. I'd definitely go back again.

Room Tip: The beachfront rooms have a great view and also get a nice cool breeze off the ocean but the garden...
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was our second stay at Peneeda View. We stayed in a beach side bungalow and were very happy with it for the price. It is clean, roomy and very well located. If you usually stay in big brand hotels at 3 times the price you may find it basic so don't expect top quality for a low price.
Our one criticism about the rooms is that the water pressure is not satisfactory and you can not get a comfortable shower.
In the past we have found the staff a bit lazy but that was not the case this last visit.
The food in the restaurant is very basic and a missed opportunity for this hotel because very few guests eat there except for the free breakfast. When this hotel first opened its food was probable on par with other establishments but over the past 20 years the quality and variety of food choices in Sanur has probably moved up two or three notches unfortunately this one has not moved with the times. They really need to employ a chef. Having said this it is not a big deal because there are plenty of restaurants to chose from nearby. We will stay there again next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple