“Rats put me off my meal!”
Review of Kayu Manis

Kayu Manis
Ranked #5 of 453 Restaurants in Sanur
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2010

I don't know why everyone raves about Kayu Manis? I went there for a meal last October and was really put off by the number of rats running around inside the restaurant, very close to my table.
I drew this to the attention of the staff and was given another table. Suffice to say it put me off of my meal, I basically ate and ran. The food was probably quite good but after seeing the rats the ambience was certainly spoiled for me. I spend many pleasurable nights after that at the Mona Lisa Cafe which was excellent.

4  Thank BaliHaiBrightonSA

Reviewed December 8, 2010

I read some of reviews from this site, found that this restaurant has fantastic comment from their guest. I went there for some food and a couple of drinks to spend my time after my long trip around Bali.
Once i get there, there is no one greet me to welcome me to the restaurant. Order wine, but they only can provide white wine by glass was not possible to have the red by glass. I don't know how they can run the restaurant with such a poor sense of serving wine.
I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone who reads my review. Trust me you won't come back. Cheers.

2  Thank Hadikusuma77
Reviewed December 7, 2010

Totally delicious food, nice decor and unbelievable cheap. And did I mention the classy service? A MUST place to eat at Sanur.

Reviewed December 7, 2010

A wonderful little place which scores top marks for every aspect. Excellent food, wonderful atmosphere, nicely decorated, excellent owner and staff.
Visited twice during our last stay in Bali. (Sept/ Oct 2010).
Reservations advised.

No criticism whatsoever. Most enjoyable.

Reviewed November 29, 2010

We went to Kayu Manis last week after reading all the reviews. The food and service was fantastic. The first night we had the seafood canneloni which was fresh pasta, and a salad, then stuffed ocutpus and seafood skewer on a bed of risotto. The quality of the ala carte food well exceeded the prices which were pretty reasonable. We enjoyed the food so much we came back again two days later and agreed to not have any of the same dishes. The food and service again were fantastic. This time we had a gorganzola and spinash risotto, and a salad as a starter. For mains I had osso buco which was amazingly tender and a stuffed chicken breast with a rum raisen sauce. The restaurant only has a very small wine list. The chef also came out of the kitchen and spoke to us about our meals.

If you have a passion for good food this place is not to be missed when in Bali.

2  Thank Lasty