“Always excellent food”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
“Always excellent food”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Every time we go to sanur we always eat at Kayu manis and the food, service and atmosphere has always been great. The head chef, owner comes out to see if everything was fine and of course it always is. I had the duck on polenta with an amazing balsamic reduction. The only negative is the desserts are not as good as the entrees or mains but it is hard to cook western desserts if you have nothing to compare them too in the first place. The meals are also verry cheap for the quality of food. I'm a qualified chef and it is hard to get the quality of food in Australia that they serve.

4 Thank Shanetoby

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Park City, Utah
“Excellent to satisfy this Foodie!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Wow. The food, presentation and service were all excellent. I had the grilled snapper and decided I wanted a lighter (no cream) and spicier sauce . The chef prepared a slightly spicy tomato relish for me. It was the perfect compliment to my meal. The fish was grilled to perfection - flaky and moist. My husband loved his soup and duck entree as well.

As we were waiting for our taxi to take us back to our hotel, 2 couples hugged and talked with the staff. They said they come to Kayu Manis every time they are in Bali. We will definitely be repeat customers too!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank kiminpc
Australia
“Love this place!”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Third time here and it's still as good as I remember. The first time we went it was a tiny place and taxi drivers had trouble finding it, but now it's a bigger place and they all know it. The food is a cut above the usual places and is more expensive, but still a bargain compared with equivalent places at home. Excellent food especially the day's special - stuffed squid with risotto. Presentation is very stylish and the little extras much appreciated. Loved the mango and coconut ice cream dessert (again!) Like the way the chef comes out for a chat with the customers.

Highly recommended!

1 Thank newplacesoldcases
Melbourne, Australia
“Good, but I question it's ranking as #1”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This food is nice and the service is OK, but this is a play it safe kind of restaurant, when you want to stick to western style food. Based on the reviews I'd read on Trip Advisor, I expected something pretty special but I'd have to say it was a bit underwhelming.

3 Thank Darren M
Sydney, Australia
“Lovely restaurant and great food”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

There are two Kayu Manis restaurants in the same road, both owned by the same person. We went to the one at #6 which has recently been renovated and looks great. They have an air-conditioned room at the back of the restaurant which is great. Food was lovely, would definitively go back.

1 Thank Senga S