WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Kayu Manis

Kayu Manis
Ranked #3 of 403 Restaurants in Sanur
Cuisines: European, Asian, Australian, Indonesian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Perth, Australia
“Must try.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I holiday in Sanur often and my favorite restaurant is Kayu Manis I have been at least a dozen times and NEVER disappointed, the many friends who come to stay or visit me all agree it is a fine place to dine and extremely in expensive for what you receive.

The owner and many of his staff have been at this place for years which speaks for it self.

The restaurant recently underwent some renovations which included an air condition room at the back of the restaurant very welcomed on those steamy nights.the restaurant is not large so I would recommend to book particularly during peak holidays.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank deirdre255103

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Adelaide
“Don't think, just come here!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

This is going to be a big call, but I think this place served me the best meal I've ever eaten!! There, I've said it! But it's true!!!
The space is beautiful, the staff are warm, welcoming and accommodating, the cocktails are classy and fresh, and the food.......!!
Handmade loaves of complimentary bread with whipped garlic butter comes first, followed by our starters. On our table, cold rolls (my husbands claims these were the best ever also) and caeser salad. All delicious!!
Then for main, the duck, spicy chicken pasta, stuffed chicken, and mine Indonesian grilled chicken with coconut curry sauce. To. Die. For.
They even obliged with cooking something off the menu for our 5 and 3 year olds.
Don't let the 3 negative reviews on here put you off. Do yourself a favour and go to Kayu Manis, you'll visit again if you have more nights in Sanur, we did!!

1 Thank Hayley W
Victoria, Australia
“Well worthy of 2nd place in the listings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

We ate here twice in the last week. The food was lovely and the price very reasonable. The staff were great and the chef very appreciative of the business. We didn't make any bookings and there were tables free both times.

Sanur, Indonesia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food in Sanur!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We visited the Kayu Manis based on the TA reviews and we were not disappointed. What a gem in the heart of Sanur off the main road! The food is absolutely fanastic, and the presentation simply beautiful. Very attentive staff, and the owner/chef checking on each and every table served himself.
A real treat of amazing cuisine at very reasonable prices. The sliced duck and Confit were divine! We will definitely be back and recommend to all our friends. Thanks to all the staff at Kayu Manis for a wonderful evening!

Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
“Tasty with a zing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I decided to have our 15th anniversary in Kayu Manis following the advice of so many happy customer of TA. I have to say that we were not disapointed. Being a cook myself, I sometimes get tired of tasteless food in the restaurant of Sanur but it was not the case is this one. We had the duck wich was very good and cooked to perfection, not greassy but tasty with orange sauce for my wife and balsamicum for me. The chef came several time to all the tables to great his customer and answer the diferent wishes. The service is good without beein impose. We will go back there for sure and always recomand the place.

Visited June 2013