“Food still excellent but lost the old charm”
Review of Kayu Manis

Kayu Manis
Ranked #4 of 442 Restaurants in Sanur
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Perth Australia
“Food still excellent but lost the old charm”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We have frequented this restaurant for some 6 years and always had beautiful food. Per- renovations it was small but more homely or romantic. Now seems more clinical and in need of some warming touches. I'm sure that will happen. Sadly the table service was also a little short of previous high standard. When we went to book the young waitress knew very little English and she had to be rescued otherwise we may have left.

1 Thank dcanddp

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sanur, Indonesia
“A real perl in Sanur”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Have been there with my wife last night. Very good job after renovation, maybe little bit too bright for a romantic dinner, but overall a very nice place.
Ordered our food and soon arrived 2 complimentary snaks very well appreciated. I have ordered Spaghetti Vongole and Ossobuco my way and my wife a mango salad with prawns and the special of the day. The combination of the food perfectly matched my taste, I am Italian and I should not order Italian food in an fusion restaurant, but this time I was really satisfied. The mixed ingredients gave a special taste to my meals, a really nice surprise.
Just an advise for all who wants to have or compare warung price, but sit in a nice place: just have a look on the kitchen, I believe you will never have food anymore in warungs. Also in Bali (as everywhere in the world) you will pay for quality food, service and cleanliness.
This place really worth more than a visit, is just one of a very few good restaurant in Sanur.
Two tumbs up!!!

3 Thank DavideBali
sydney
“Fantastic”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This restaurant is tucked away in a side street, but was well worth the walk from our villa. We chose to sit in the air-conditioned room which was lovely. The food was so good, the servings were perfect & the price very reasonable for the quality of food. I had the stuffed squid & it was beautiful. I would love to return as there were lots of other meals that sounded delicious & all I heard from our table was 'THIS IS VERY GOOD'. We had some lovely meals in Sanur but this was the best & a memorable way to spend our last night. Also thank-you to the staff for chasing me down the road as I had left my camera there.

2 Thank balitribe
Wetherby, United Kingdom
“Style over Subtance”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Our food was well presented but was not particularly well cooked. Our duck was dry in parts and was dressed with three wedges of tomato, it was accompanied by the tiny cup of rice mentioned in other reports. Our chicken was pleasant but again served with lumpy potato. Deserts were small and unspectacular. This restaurant is pleasant and strives to deliver style but the food just does not measure up.

Sydney, Australia
“Kayu Manis - perfect in every way”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was so glad that Kayu Manis was reopened when we travelled recently. The refurbishment is lovely, I especially liked the option of dining in the closed in air conditioned section. This was especially a bonus to us as we had a toddler with us. We dined early and were the only patrons so could allow her to wander around whilst we ate. The staff were also very attentive to her and she was occupied the whole time. The food as usual was excellent. One of our friends was a chef himself and is very particular with his fine dining and he was very impressed. His wife said that the duck she had was the best she had ever eaten, surely a compliment for people with high expectations. It is the little touches that make Kayu Manis a place that I will always recommend and always come back to. They still offer complimentary starters and the chef still takes the time to talk to his patrons. I believe that Kayu Manus should reclaim its title of best restaurant in Sanur. Having dined at the other restaurants that are ranked higher I dont believe that they come anywhere near Kayu Manis in terms of value for money, ambience or quality of food served.

2 Thank KateCaringbah