“Wow a hidden Gem, get there or you'll regret it!”
Review of Kayu Manis

Kayu Manis
Ranked #6 of 455 Restaurants in Sanur
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We found this little place from trip advisor and so glad we did. This has just reopened after a long 6 month renovation which is just stunning.the head chef and owner Bagus is such a lovely man who comes out if the kitchen and introduces himself at the start and from there on likes to ask how we enjoyed our meal. The food is first class and we feel too undervalued. At $65 aud we had a complimentary little filled pasta at the start, home baked little bread, yum.. Entrees , mains , deserts all x 2 and drinks. This was my birthday which I didn't tell them but just to be there was so special to experience such beautiful food and wonderful service in Bali. Thank you Bagus and sorry we didn't get back there before we left. I hope you make it to #1 voted by fellow diners. When I work out how to upload photos on my iPad I will do so I have plenty.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,380)

Reviewed July 3, 2012

We decided on the Restuarant based on Trip Advisor rating and we weren't disappointed. Beautifully presented meals, very attentive service, great value, highly recommend.

1  Thank Doylie16
Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

Another pick from Trip Advisor. Restaurant only reopened last week after renovations and no reviews since reopening but we decided to give it a try based on previous reviews.
Beautiful decor and very welcoming staff. The owner/head chef visited our table a couple of times to ask if everything was good and made a point of farewelling us and hoped we would visit again.
The menu was very innovative combining lots of different flavours and from our choices they all worked. Complimentary appetiser followed by a beautifully presented meal to rival any high end restaurant in Australia or many other countries for that matter.
One of my favourite things is home made desserts of which Kayu Manus had a good range.
One downside on my part was only beer and wine on the alcohol list. This standard of restaurant would expect cocktails or spirits as well.
Value for money? Amazing - 2 entrees, 3 mains, 3 desserts, bintangs and soft drinks was IDR559,000.
Would highly recommend and definitely go back!

3  Thank Andrea D
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Have just returned to our hotel from a delightful meal at the newly reopened Kayu Manis.It was a sheer delight, lovely surroundings that in England you would pay a fortune for a drink let alone the food. For 26 GBP we ate like kings on three courses plus drinks. I had laksa which was divine and my hubbie had stuffed chicken. Will add pics when I return home , Without Trip advisor we would never have found this place and what a gem of a place this is , Our only complaint and nothing to do with the restaurant were the loud mouthed people on the next table spoiling the ambience of the place.IN our remaining week we will return again . If you can't find it a taxi driver will drop you. it cost 2GBP FROM Hardy s supermarket. Go try it .

3  Thank rhiameg
Reviewed May 11, 2012

The "original" Kayu Manis was small yet with good table spacing was not overcrowded, I hear they have re-opened and look forward to a meal there during my next visit. Last there in Oct 2011 we went for a seafood theme with entrees of Vietnamese Shrimp Rolls that were soon followed by Tuna Carpaccio and Stuffed Chilli Squid, both were superb, good portion sizes and fantastic presentation and flavour and the squid was perfectly cooked and tender. Desserts were also a treat, the Coconut Delight (coconut mixed with mango ice cream) was superb and the decadent Chocolate Steamed Pudding was to die for and again very well presented. On the whole a very good restaurant and one that I would gladly recommend. Would suggest you book ahead as the place is very popular.