“What a great restaurant”
Review of Kayu Manis

Kayu Manis
Ranked #4 of 436 Restaurants in Sanur
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Melbourne
“What a great restaurant”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Heard about this on Trip Advisor. Lovely food, beautifully presented. Fantastic service. We were able to take our wine and I am pretty sure we didn't pay corkage. Try the stuffed squid on a bed of mushroom risotto, yum! Only a small restaurant, so you will need to book.

Visited October 2011

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bali, Indonesia
“Best Meal in Sanur - Absolute Quality Chef”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We live in Bali and go to Kayu Manis frequently, if it were not for the wonderful chef and food i would not so this review, purely because of selfish reasons, of late I have not been able to get into my regular haunt based on Trip Advisor reviews and subsequent bookings. Nevertheless, Kayu Manis is my favorite place to eat. It only seats 20 covers and doesn't turn tables, only 1 sitting. I like fine food and dining but what I love about Kayu Manis is you get the fine food but the prices are amazing for what you receive. The most expensive thing on the Menu is 110,000 rupiah , this is the wagu beef, below this price you experience amazing duck dishes, chicken Bali and western style, snapper, salmon fillet, pasta, the best pumpkin soup you will ever try, amazing entree's and desserts. Basically something for everyone. The only thing i ask is don't be pretentious when you come in, I've seen it too much from too many tourists. The owner/chef is very humble and is often mistaken as the security or server and is often treated with disregard by many tourists when he greets them, then they taste the food and want to meet the chef only to be greeted with the person they shunned when they walked in the door. Please don't let this be you as I've seen it too many times and it irks me. If your lucky enough to get a booking, please enjoy the culinary experience, appreciate the staff and the humble surrounds!

• Visited October 2011
4 Thank CindyMBali
Sydney
“A lovely intimate restaurant”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

This is a lovely restaurant that lives up to the reviews. Located behind the hedges you would not know it was there if you are not looking for it. Service was wonderful atmosphere relaxed and intimate. The food Devine and excellent prices. Loved seeing the chef come out and say hello to all the diners. We will definetly be back when we next visit Sanur.

bali
“It is the best restaurant in Sanur”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Is small, cozy and hard to find. The menu' is also small but the few dishes that they make are really outstanding! If you are looking for a restaurant "a la mode" or for show your bling bling look somewhere else. If you want Wine bring by yourself as they only have local one. Prices are very affordable... You would pay 4 times in some of the more notorious restaurant in Legian/Semyniak.

• Visited May 2011
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great place to eat in Sanur”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I have been comming to Sanur for 20 years and I have never been down this street before
I read about Kayu Manis on this site and desided to try it
IT IS GREAT
My friends and I had a VERY VERY good meal and a great night out
The chef came out and talked to us,staff very friendly
We will be back next year

• Visited September 2011