“Beautiful Secret”

Ranked #44 of 78 Hotels in Sanur
Melbourne, Australia
“Beautiful Secret”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

just returned from a four week holiday in Sanur and stayed at the Palm Garden, what a beautiful secret find the Palm Garden is. The hotel is small and peaceful, guests are made to feel like part of the 'Palm Garden Family', the staff are the best i have found - I have been going to Bali now every year for over 40 years, this time our family went, we all had a great time, thanks to the staff and the service they gave to us.

I'm a little taken back by some other post's as we did not find the hotel to be like that, it is old, but in good condition and very secure, the security staff are very good and on the ball.

The room staff are very professional and clean the rooms daily and do a brilliant job, the cafe / restaurant staff who give the guests great service, also provide the BEST breakfast's we have found.

The gardens are the hidden gem, just beautiful and the gardeners tend to the garden during the day with great dedication.

We have booked again for next year and recommended this hotel with out question to anyone that is looking for a small traditional Balinese hotel that is peaceful with beautiful gardens, great swimming pool and awesome and very professional staff that is very well managed.

Best Regards,
Mr Jeffrey.

Room Tip: all rooms are in good positions, downstairs is great for garden views, upstairs great for garden and...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Jeff D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Indonesian first
Nottingham, UK
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Palm Garden hotel as part of our two week honeymoon to Hong Kong and Bali. We choose this hotel based on the many positive reviews on Trip Advisor and we weren't dissapointed. The staff at the hotel are very friendly and were happy to help arrange taxis, drivers and offer recommendations of places to visit. We only stayed for a couple of nights and the central location was great to maximise our time. The hotel is only a couple of minutes walk through to the beach and in the other direction is less than a minute's walk to the main street where there are many restaurants, bars, shops and spas. Our room was clean, spacious and had everything we needed, including a fridge and a safe. Breakfast was included and was served in the restaurant beside the pool each morning. Nasi goreng and mei goreng were available as well as eggs cooked to order, fresh fruit, toast, fruit juice and tea and coffee. The pool area was great and was rarely busy during our stay. There were plenty of sunloungers and pool towels were available at the bar area. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to others travelling to Sanur.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank gemmet_9
Mandurah, Australia
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Have just had a wonderful 2 weeks staying in this peaceful garden hotel. Excellent pool and gardens. Short walk to beach and restaurants. Very good breakfast. Nice little restaurant on premises. Helpful staff. Will be back again to stay.

Room Tip: If stairs are a problem ask for ground floor room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John P
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Hello everyone, I arrived home last Saturday 7th June after staying at the Palm Garden Hotel for 2 weeks, I travelled with my eldest daughter, this is the first time that we have stayed at this Hotel, it was recommended to us by a friend who always stays their, we were so happy to be able to stay there, the Hotel has one family suiet and 16 other rooms, we had the best time there the Staff looked after us so well and all very friendly, their food was so delicious. That was my 15th Holiday in Sanur I have stayed at many Hotels in Sanur. We liked everything about The Palm Garden Hotel, The garden is lovely and green and well looked after, the pool was so relaxing, we are hopeing we can go back the same time next year. Regards, Marion.

Room Tip: There are ground floor rooms as well as upstairs rooms, you would need to choose when you make a boo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Marion N
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

I'm currently in a wheelchair and as I missed a few trips due to illness I was looking forward to not missing this one. All the staff knew I was in hospital and they all prepared my room at thier own expense for a wheelchair. Upon arrival a ramp was installed and waiting for me to access my room better furniture was moved to clear space for me. They really outdone my expectations! To all the staff Thank you for your help and support its the little things that make a big difference.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shane3456
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Stayed for a 8 nights in late April / early May. Enjoyed our stay there, fantastic location, 2 minute walk to the beach and restaurants. Rooms large, furniture dated but very clean . Garden and pool area immaculate. Continental breakfast sufficient -bread, fruit, egg station, juice tea/coffee and a rice or noodle dish each day. Would stay again

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jen5959
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights on a long layover on route to East Timor.

The hotel is very peaceful and relaxing, the pool is nice to chill out for an afternoon. It's a 2 minute walk to the main road and shops, and about 3-5 minutes walk to Sanur's beach front strip, where you will find plenty of nice restaurants. Sanur is the complete opposite to Kuta, it's much more laid back.

The hotel staff are extremely helpful, I needed Internet access for work and the manager let me use her laptop, which was really kind of her. Our air con leaked in our room and they moved us to another room straight away.

I would stay here again, if I was ever in the area again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple