“Not bad”

Massimo - Italian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 17 Dessert in Sanur
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: Italian cuisine with specialties of Salento (south-east coast of Italy). Pizza with natural levitation and fire wood oven. Homemade Gelato. Daily production of Mozzarella, Burrata, Ricotta and Mascarpone cheese. Homemade pasta: fettuccine, tortellini with beef filling, agnolotti with ham and mushrooms, ravioli with ricotta and spinach. Oven baked bread. Large Selection Gluten Free Menu.
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Had supper with friends at Massimo. The atmosphere was nice, wait staff friendly and the meals were good. Overall a very nice evening. I will be going back in the future. It is not a have to place but it was nice.

1  Thank MollyJJM
MassimoConsiglia, Proprietario at Massimo - Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Many thanks dine at Massimo and time to write your review.

Look for to meet again soon.

Massimo

Write a ReviewReviews (2,963)

Reviewed November 27, 2013

As a regular visitor to Bali and in particular Sanur, my wife and I have a list of favourite restuarants we like to experience & enjoy.
We often walk past Massimo but this was our first (and most likley the only occasion) we will give it a go and was based on a recommendation from the sister in law who visited this venue a few months earlier.
To be honest, I did not find the food to be outstanding and for me, everything was too oily for my liking. I cannot remember what we ordered so obviously it did not leave a good impression.
In comparison to other restuarants which serve Italian food, I think Massimo is over rated. Cheers.

MassimoConsiglia, Proprietario at Massimo - Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Very sorry to read your comment.
At Massimo we cook everything fresh and the only oil you may find is Italian extra-virgin that we use in some preparation.
At Massimo you can request any special diet and we cook according to guests need.
Hope you will give a chance to try again and introduce at your next visit.

Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

We love the gelato! They have a very wide variety of choices. The taste is heavenly. And they are very generous with the portion. Been here a few time, but the last time was a little bit disappointing cause they gimme less than the usual portion. :( perhaps because the queue is so loooonnggg....

MassimoConsiglia, Proprietario at Massimo - Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Bedry,
thanks for your review and sorry about quantity ...we still serve very generous portion and your next visit do not hesitate to contact me ...look for to meet you :)
I like happy customers :)

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We have been to Bali many times and eaten at Massimo at least one time each visit. However the last meal we had there in November this year was to die for. The starters were unbelievable and the mains were even better. The prices are very reasonable. If you have a starter and mains I wish you well to finish sweets. This restaurant would beat if not match most italian restaurants in Perth. We have not been there for lunch or breakfast, but dinner is the best. You will not be disappointed.

Dear Bruno,
many thanks for your nice review and time spent at Massimo.
Look for to see you back soon on your next trip to Bali.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Like many restaurants in Bali, the narrow frontage opens into a large and airy room with plenty of fans. At street level there is also a large Massimo Ice Cream bar with all sorts of yummy flavours which I also tried on another occasion.

Eating in at lunch, I ordered a pasta. It was a white and green Linguine with a rich blend of cheeses and an extremely generous addition of Prosciutto chunks. Service was friendly and prompt.

I really can't relate to the recent low ratings for this restaurant. JustI wish I'd had the time while in Sanur to try more of the delicious dishes on the menu.

HELP> I've just tried to give individual high ratings for service etc., and it will only light up the first dot, and automatically assigns the description ' terrible'. To whoever checks this before publication, can you please correct this? Each item deserves and excellent.

Thank you Linda.
I am trying to understand why those bad review without any previous complain in the restaurant.
I need to search for information thru TripAdvisor because something is not working correctly.
Look for to meet you soon.