“Nice italian restaurant”

Massimo - Italian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 15 Dessert in Sanur
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: Italian cuisine with specialties of Salento (south-east coast of Italy). Pizza with natural levitation and fire wood oven. Homemade Gelato. Daily production of Mozzarella, Burrata, Ricotta and Mascarpone cheese. Homemade pasta: fettuccine, tortellini with beef filling, agnolotti with ham and mushrooms, ravioli with ricotta and spinach. Oven baked bread. Large Selection Gluten Free Menu.
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I like the place which is semi outdoor style. Beware of the mosquito bites since this is open to the small garden. The variety of the food & gelato are great! Spend the night with friends or couple there..I also got a surprised there..the nite of my birthday i got a cake with candle and birthday sings from the staff parade..Sublime!

MassimoConsiglia, Proprietario at Massimo - Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Many thanks for dropping your message in TripAdvisor. Always a pleasure to make happy guests.

Look for to meet back soon.

Yours,

Massimo

Write a ReviewReviews (3,025)

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I went to massimo yesterday, I was alone....
Had to wait 10 min for a table as the resturant was full, waited in the bar with a bintang nice with frossen glasses.
I got a bad table just in the entry to the resturant so all the guests and staff had to walk past me, this tabel was availeble all the time when I was waiting to I dont know why I had to wait for it...

I orderd a starter bruschetta pomodore and a Pizza capriccosa with extra spicy salami.
after a while my glass was empty and as my table was just by the entrance to the restaurant all the staff was running past my table, witch was very anoying as they was actually running... But nobody noticed that I was sitting there waiting for my starter with a empty glass.

After a while i grabed on to one of the staff and asked for another beer.
20 min after my order a waiter came with the complimentary snack and one min later my bruschetta came.
Nothing to write home about, the bruschetta was ok had better.. so I eat my starter and some of the snack, tok about 10 min after i finished before a waiter came an cleard my table.
And about 20 min later my pizza finaly came!
The Pizza was very nice and autentic Italian perfectly made!
god food, slow staff and I did not feel that I got any service ...
I have had the capriccosa at another pizza place in sanure The village I will go there next time, better service and the pizza was better.

It cost me about 150.000

MassimoConsiglia, Proprietario at Massimo - Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Every night after working hours I take time to read any message and comment from our guests.
I love my profession and give all my passion to the job.
I feel your comment is unfair as restaurant was very full (...as usual and as you wrote), therefore sometime we prefer to stop guests access (...empty table at entrance).
You do not explain clearly your consumption for the Rp 150.000 bill ...pizza capricciosa is just Rp 59.000 and beer Rp 19.500
As I love my job still feel sorry you could not enjoy your experience at Massimo.

Massimo Sacco

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Although the food and restaurant are acceptable even although prices are increasing and portions are reducing, spirits served at the bar are less than genuine.

MassimoConsiglia, Proprietario at Massimo - Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

I am working as hard as possible to keep quality and price value.
Our portions never changed since open the restaurant. Indeed prices in Indonesia are rising, I am still holding same menu price, working with less profit margin.
My restaurant is under a foreigner name (mine) and therefore subject to continuous control from authority ... I can grant every alcohol is the original brand and invite you to taste the quality we serve at our bar.
Your comment is really unfair and not respectful for the professional job I am doing with my team.

I wish you enjoy your stay in Bali.

Massimo Sacco

Reviewed April 21, 2013

the good:
pizza is okay, hard to fail that...

the bad:
staff doesnt speak much english
red wines served at 4 degrees
house wines cant imaging the owner actually tasted the chianti house pour.
no attention, tried to order but noone seems to notice.
staff hanging/ sitting on a buffet table
not fine dining style. presentation taste of food really mediocre.
staff throwing a nspkin on my lap.
get overcharged bill with double portions,nobody check before presenting.
no manager visible.
upon ordering telling me the soup not availabe instead of telling me before.
nobody inquires if my food is ok after serving.

a restaurant for working class or indo. they dont require fine food and attentive service.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

If you are looking for a place to have a good time and enjoy great food, Massimo is the place. We have been coming regularly for over one and a half years and it has never failed in filling up our stomach and bringing smiles to our faces.

MassimoConsiglia, Proprietario at Massimo - Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Grazie, always a pleasure to meet.

Massimo