“The Sunday market is a must”
Review of Cafe Batu Jimbar

Cafe Batu Jimbar
Ranked #49 of 437 Restaurants in Sanur
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Jakarta
“The Sunday market is a must”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Overall the food and drink are OK. You will find Indonesian and western style food in the menu. My friend gives a very high praise for the "Balinese long coffee".

This place usually is packed during breakfast thus the service might be a bit slow.

Nevertheless, try to visit the cafe on Sunday morning during the Sunday Market. They sell fresh organic produce, handmade clothes/souvenir and try the food from Indonesian food corner. It has Indonesian traditional snack and mix rice. As Indonesian, I think every single food item is to die.

You will never miss this place on Sunday morning. It is a few steps away from Hardy's Mall at the opposite side. You will notice the crowd for sure.

• Visited August 2013
Marshel T, Director of Sales at Cafe Batu Jimbar, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond to a Cafe Batujimbar TripAdvisor traveler review. See you in next Sunday Market.... :D

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore
“Great Indonesian food and cakes”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Indonesian food was very good, we had the Nasi Goreng and Nasi Campur followed by their home made cakes - try the carrot cake and chocolate cake, both very delicious!

Visited July 2013
Bali, Indonesia
“Trading on reputation.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Decided to meet a friend at this well known cafe in Sanur.The staff when you could find them seemed more interested in re arranging tables and chairs than checking if there guests needed serving.After a couple of drinks we ordered lunch.My friend who speaks Indonesian ordered for us.A shared entree followed by two mains.My main arrived first and after wating around 10 minutes I decided to eat alone.A further 5 mins after I have finished our shared entree and my friends main dish arrived together.The food was tasty but the lack of service spolied this expereince.

• Visited August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond to a Cafe Batujimbar TripAdvisor traveler review.. Thank you for your input on our services, we'll be take notice to make it better in the future
Sevenoaks District, United Kingdom
“Staff are worst in bali”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Starter was good, mains were ok, I had the burger, which was supposed to come with a special relish. They could have just said "tomato sauce". But more about the most pathetic service we have experienced in bali after 2 weeks of eating at different restaurants. - firstly the menus were thown on our tables, without a word from the waiter. Then we sat for nearly 10 minutes waiting for service. Bare in mind the place was not full. I then gestured for a waiter. He held his hand up to say I must wait, then nothing again. Then my husband called one over. We ordered starters, which arrived but no cutlery. We asked for cutlery. Then we ordered 2 beers which arrived warm. Then my husband ordered 2 more beers, they only bought one. Not once thought our starters and mains did a waiter offer me another drink even though they could see mine was finished. Our mains arrived and I had to ask again for new cutlery as they had taken mine with the starter and did not return it. Everytime we needed something we had to call someone. Not one person came to our table to enquire if everything was ok.

Our hotel had recommended this place on the basis of the food. When one goes to a restaurant it is not only about the food, but about the entire experience, unfortunately your staff's uninterested attitude totally detracted from the food experience. And we will mention to the Regent Bali to think two e before they recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
Marshel T, Director of Sales at Cafe Batu Jimbar, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Perth, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ok, but”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband wanted to go here - twice. Once for lunch, and the other he just wanted a quick juice. Green with envy - which had vegies and was green :)
This place was not my cup of tea. Overpriced. I prefer a more 'traditional' experience.
Depends what you are looking for - this place is westernised and if that's what you're looking for (which plenty of people are, based on how busy it was) then knock yourself out.
I am not a fan, but it is ok .

• Visited July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond to a Cafe Batujimbar TripAdvisor traveler review. We will take notice to make it better in the future