“Nice Place”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
“Nice Place”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Dined here a number of times, food was good and nice atmosphere sitting on sidewalk terrace. Staff very friendly and service excellent. Nice variety cakes available for morning and afternoon tea and cold beer.

Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Darwin, Australia
“Needs to improve”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Except for the duck springs rolls this restaurant is only average in all respects. When it first opened it was great but the competition has got better and CBJ is living of it's past reputation

Visited October 2012
Bali
“Overrated”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Batu Jimbar used to be my hands-down favourite in Sanur...Haven't been back for a while, I was surprised to experience a significant drop in attention and genuine care to customers. The staff was inattentive and more interested to just hang around or chat with their colleagues, the food average at its best and what I really couldn’t understand is for WIFI they were asking me to pay IDR 50,000 for two hours – besides me already having quite a bill…(the rather standard menu is certainly on the expensive side). Free WIFI is normally standard in Bali when one consumes at the venue.
When I asked the staff, they mentioned “…many customers complain…” and when I asked them “do you raise this with management/owners”, the response was – “…owner does not care…”
The cherry on the top was when I received the bill, I was charged IDR 5,000 for a glass of ice water…Now my bill was already over IDR 170,000 (1 person) and it’s certainly not the money, but these are the little things that add up and make customers feel “milked”.
My understanding of genuine service is simple – add value and your customers will become your brand ambassador. In me Batu Jimbar lost one, as fortunately there are now other options in Sanur…and I unfortunately can’t recommend the place anymore.

• Visited October 2012
Ubud
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best breakfast in Sanur”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

if you want to splurge a bit (for Bali standards, still a deal by western standards), this is the place. The coffee is excellent and believe it or not, that is a lot to say in Bali as the coffee here can be amazing if you know where to go. The omelet with feta and special toasted bread is devine. Sunday there is a great market and then you can really get a great deal and try some local delicacies. Sit for a while, read the paper, people watch, CBJ is great.
PS- they do have some messed up internet policies though and charge a great deal even if you are a customer- aside from that ridiculousness, I love it.

• Visited October 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Best meal of the trip”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Our driver suggested that we stop here for lunch after a morning in the galleries in Ubud and it was one of the best meals we had in Bali. We don't do the fancy restaurant thing so I cant compare it to those however we all really enjoyed our meals and the service was fantastic.
The cafe also has lovely clean toilets.

Visited October 2012