This is my third trip to Bali within the year so I have had the pleasure of saying at some great villas and hotels. Unfortunately this was not one of them. If you have never stayed at a villa in Bali then you will be impressed but compared to others for the same price or less the service is well below par. The staff are friendly but are young and are not very accommodating.
At other hotels in bali they seem to know when you're out and your room is cleaned in secret. At Mahapala you can be out for 3 hours come back to be disturbed but the people to clean your room. (And the clean room button was broken. )
The plunge pool is nice but the filtration system is located directly under the day bed and sounds like there is a Jet engine under you while you "try" and relax. We ended up using he main pool it was that bad.
The breakfast is poor and even if you want to eat it at the restaurant they make you nominate a time. We ended up eating out most mornings to save the hassle.
The gym is pretty good for a hotel if like me you feel the need to train on holidays.
Sit by the main pool and there is no service.
He bathroom has the strong smell of Bali's poor drainage/sewerage system and is almost sickening.
And as an added bonus there was a bit of a bed bug issue.
In conclusion if I had never stayed elsewhere in Bali I would have been impressed but having just stayed at Komanenka in ubud, sienna villas in seminyak and the semara in seminyak this was not even a comparison.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Mahapala is a luxury resort villa located in the quiet village of Sanur. The Villa's unique feature is its focus on the twelve signs of the zodiac. Exceptionally designed with immaculate facilities, Villa Mahapala will leave you with an unforgettable impression of your holiday in Bali. Each of the elegant villas, complete with its own private pool, is individually designed on one of the zodiac signs. The zodiac theme continues throughout the Resort, and our tasteful and elegant atmosphere will ensure that our guests enjoy a personalized villa experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Mahapala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Mahapala Hotel Sanur
- Mahapala Hotel Sanur
- Villa Mahapala Sanur, Bali