“Nice waterfall and great view! But beware of high entrance price!”
Review of Gitgit Waterfall

$45.00*
Private Full-Day West Bali Tour with Waterfall Visit
Ranked #2 of 53 things to do in Singaraja
Reviewed December 19, 2013

As soon as I alighted from my car, a young guide came and offered to bring me around the place (which i think is optional) and told me that there are 3 waterfalls and in order to see all you need to pay entrance fee for each and every waterfalls. In total i paid 150,000 rupiahs! If only i read the reviews here before going over, I would have bargained! Just hope that the money goes out to help the locals there for a good cause.

Anw there are 3 parts of water falls over there, 1st you will see the twins waterfall, 2nd a huge and tall waterfall at further down, and the last where you can see muitiple falls together. Walking through all these falls requires some long distance trekking and walking through the forest so be prepared!

Anyway, other than the price being on the expensive side, I feel that the views are worth the long trip there, and the guides there(if you choose to use them) are rather helpful and friendly too and will guide you through the fastest route and path to the waterfalls. They even offered to help me carry my bags and tripod while walking from point to point!

Overall, a recommended place to visit while you are near the north or making a trip to bedugul as it is just another 15-20mins drive from there. Just beware of the entrance price. Make sure its within your comfortable range.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,028)

Reviewed December 7, 2013

A must visit place.
I read a lot of good reviews on Tripadvisor for this place and hence added this place to my itinerary in Bali. Super glad I did it.
CAUTION: You have to walk a lot to reach the Twin Waterfall as the car only goes to a certain point. But its worth it.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

On entrance of waterfall a woman informed me price was 50.000 rmb. You cannot find the price anywhere, however, in my mind I knew this was to much. I paid and recieved a ticket showing the price and decided to consult driver after visit. The waterfall is ok, however, not as spectaculair as I expected. On my return I spoke to my driver and he took action. Price was only 5.000 rmb and they returned my money. The local guides and staff at entrance seem to work together to rip off tourist so be carfull what you pay!

3  Thank nuevenniet
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Not super interesting, very unpleasant experience with people trying to sell you things on the way to the waterfall. Negotiate for 20% of what they say or better dont buy anything at all. On the way nice rice field scenery for photo shooting

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We visited this waterfall because the driver we hired for the day suggested it. If I had known how extortionate the entry fee was, I wouldn't have bothered. We were charged 300,000RP for two of us, which was pretty shocking. I only went ahead and paid because the local guide kept saying that the money goes towards helping the local community. However, there was no proof of this and I got the impression they charge people what they think they can get away with. To make matters worse, there was a group of small kids following us, trying to sell us trinkets, plus a row of shops with people badgering us to buy drinks and more even trinkets. The waterfall is stunning and it's a nice walk, but the whole experience left a bitter taste in my mouth.