My wife and I stayed in the Oktagon cottage for 4 nights at the end of our honeymoon. Cilik's was the perfect place to unwind and experience North Bali before heading back to our work-a-day lives.
Cilik's is located right on the black-sand north coast of Bali. Each bungalow on the property has its own garden, beach chairs, and roofed pavilion with an eating table and chairs. The beach consists of a series of thin black sand strips and stone jetties. Although it is not a picturesque, expansive, white-sand beach, the water was very clear and generally quite pleasant to swim in. The views across the water were incredible at sunrise and sunset, as the property looks directly out over the open ocean.
Our bungalow -- like the rest of this wonderful property -- was quite unique and tastefully done. The floor to ceiling windows offered great views of the water and the well-kept gardens in our quadrant. The beds, bathroom, and mosquito nets were all clean, well-maintained and perfectly functional. The gardener/housekeeper, Wayan, kept both the house and grounds in great shape.
Meals were a real highlight at Cilik's. They were all very reasonably-priced, fresh, and delicious. All the fish we had was caught freshly that day, and the kitchen staff was more than happy to accommodate our craving for spicy food. Homestyle Balinese cooking is really a delight, and this is a great place to experience it. The kitchen staff did a great job of assembling diverse breakfast and dinner menus. At the Ketut's invitation we visited the kitchen -- located near the main house on the property -- one night during dinner preparation. This was a fun visit, and recommended if the invitation is extended.
Other than relaxing and swimming on the grounds, we took a sunrise boat trip with Nyoman one morning. He tracked down a large school of dolphin and tuna, as well as some spectacular views of Gunung Agung and the verdant headlands of north Bali. We also did some snorkeling in the area just east of the property. The reef and fish were a bit underwhelming after spending a week in south Lombok, but it was still nice for being so close to the property. Our only other formal activity was a hike to the nearby waterfalls with Gede. This is a great way to see the countryside on the interior if you do not have your own vehicle.
Aside from the tranquil location, the staff and owners are what make this unique property so special. They are very welcoming and accommodating without suffocating your privacy. The staff to guest ratio seems to be about one to one, so you will be well attended-to. The staff/owners are eager to get to know you, and provide recommendations for activities based on your interests.
This small resort strikes a great harmony with the under-developed north coast. Motoring along the coast it is hard to distinguish Cilik's from other locally-owned villas and homes: a stark contrast from south Bali and Ubud. We would definitely come back here, and recommend this resort to our friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ciliks Beach Garden (CBG), Air Sanih, Northern Bali: Privately owned, Individual Beach Villas in an Exclusive Garden Resort at the North-East Coast of Bali At a two hectare large beach location on the northeast shore of Bali, Ciliks Beach Garden (CBG) offers very individual and spacious villas and bungalows of different size in private, well-tended tropical gardens right by the sea. The thoughtfully planned, open, airy construction of the Balinese-style houses considers the climate and blends into the beach landscape; this creates a pleasant ambience for eye and soul. Generously designed, elegant living- and bedrooms, bath rooms partly opened to the sky, and large terraces offer the possibility to combine life inside and outside, in the house and in the garden. Even the view from your desk across the sea is overwhelming. Each house has its own garden pavilion and an additional terrace right at the beach; this extends your living space for dining, for reading, or dreaming, you may observe the ocean, listen to music or to the waves, and feel the sea breeze on your skin. Attentive hotel service, Western-style breakfast a la carte, selected Balinese cuisine, freshly-caught fish every day. To visit cultural performances, to explore Bali by car or the coast by boat and for many more suggestions, see below. And back at Ciliks Beach Garden You'll enjoy the quiet surrounding and your privacy in this well-maintained resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Ciliks Beach Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ciliks Beach Garden Hotel Singaraja
- Ciliks Beach Garden Bali/Singaraja