“Traditional balinese food”

Warung Bambu Pemaron
Ranked #2 of 60 Restaurants in Singaraja
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Enjoy traditionally cooked Balinese and Indonesian food, using only fresh ingredients (no MSG) in an exquisite ambiance restaurant. Transfers from your hotel are available (additional charge applies, depending on the distance, please ask in advance for the price)
“Traditional balinese food”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

This was an authentic balinese Resturant with a lovely feel to it and excellent food. Highly recommend.

Visited July 2014

• Indonesian first
Hobart, Australia
“Quite possibly the best gado-gado money can buy”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We had come to Lovina without much research... peculiar for me, but maybe I was used to Legian where you just walked out of the hotel and the only decision you had to make was whether to go left or right before being spoilt for choice. On the first day in Lovina, we went right... and it was a mistake. A mistake of the buffet variety, and for that I know that there will be no sympathy, much less forgiveness. It is a mistake I shan't make again, before setting my erstwhile travelling companion on an internet search of eateries in the area with a modicum of reputation.

And thus we ended up at Warung Bambu. We got there late afternoon, obviously during a staff meeting, and with no other punters in sight. What I liked about this restaurant apart from it's location in the rice fields was that it provided water at no charge, a rarity in Bali. We ordered Bintangs (the massage just before had made for particularly thirsty work) and then I ordered Cap Cay with Chicken and my mate ordered Gado Gado.

The Cap Cay was as expected, and although the chicken was unidentifiable at first (it turned up looking for all the world like slivers of tandoori chook), the dish was tasty and there was plenty of it. It would be remiss not to comment on the presentation which really was sensational.

My mate's Gado Gado looked tempting and I sneaked a mouthful. Quite frankly he was lucky to have had any, as it was sen-bludy-sational. I mean, the best Gado Gado since that offered by Colin Lim and his sister in the Satay House in Launceston in the 1980's. If you remember the Satay House, then we are probably related...

This was a limited sampling of the menu, and although opinions shouldn't be formed on two dishes, I for one would go back there in a heartbeat.

(Please note that this is also listed on Tripadvisor as Warung Bamboo - one and the same.)

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Steve K
Paris, France
“Brilliant cooking classes and restaurant”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We ate here on both nights we stayed in Pemeron and did a one day cooking class with their chef "The Professor" .... she brought us to the market in the morning and explained the produce to us, then back to the restaurant where we learned to cook the yummiest dishes.
Our teacher was really lovely, always in a good mood, and even got us lots of exotic fruits to taste which wasn't even part of the class.
The desserts were less good but you can pick what you want to learn so any of the starters and main courses are great.
I think you can rent a room there too, though we didn't so I don't know what they're like but if you stay in Pemeron don't miss a chance to have dinner here and if you're into cooking then don't hesitate to sign up for a class.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank el e
North Vancouver, Canada
“Great Little Restaurant Definitely Off the Beaten Path”
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

We found this great little restaurant around the corner from our villa hotel. The spacious high-ceiling structure is all lashed bamboo from beams of which hang interesting paintings. The fare features traditional Indonesian dishes spiced very nicely and not too hot. As always, the staff are helpful, friendly and courtious.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank DeepcovePeter
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good Local Restaurant”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We ate here a couple of times whilst staying at the Kelapa Lovina Beach Villas, including on Xmas day when they had traditional balinese dancing (they do this a couple of times a week) - the service and food were really good and also very reasonably priced.

Visited December 2013