Suma Hotel Lovina Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Good 3.5/5
Sunari Beach Resort(Lovina Beach)
The Lovina(Lovina Beach)
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Rini Hotel(Singaraja)
  • Breakfast included
Very Good 4/5
Hotel My Lovina(Lovina Beach)
Angsoka Hotel(Lovina Beach)
Very Good 4/5
    All reviewsmosquito netnice hotelbalcony terracerented scootersfried noodleshotel is locatednearby beachinstant coffeegreat poolmin walkair confirst floorlovina beachpool areadolphin triphot waternice stay
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed May 14, 2014

Hotel is very nice, rooms are clean and very spacious. We stayed there for 4 nights but we moved to another room, as we had ants in our room in the ground floor. Bed has mosquito net, which is great, there is also TV, AC and fridge in every room. Pool is great with very nice surroundings, but when we stayed there, we could not lie by the pool as there were very few deckchairs. It is located just 100m to the beach from where you can go on morning dolphin watch, however you can not lie on the beach because there are too many boats and trash (which is not actually hotels fault). Staff was very friendly and food was great, we ate dinner or lunch there every day and the prices are ok. Wi-fi in rooms was slow but it worked better at the pool. I would reccomend it, it is a great value for price :)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank Jana Š
    bobbiedam47, General Manager at Suma Hotel Lovina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2016

Thank you for your review.
    Sorry for this late reply, but are happy to receive reviews. We will consider your remarks and hope you will visit sumahotel next time.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

So the hotel is nice. Lovely lush foliage all over the grounds. The staff were very nice and efficient. The pool clean and lovely.

The room however, not so much. It was the smallest room I've ever been in I believe. Hardly room to move around the bed. Internet was very slow and sporadically disappeared.

And then there's the beach:
    Don't let the travel guides fool you. The beach (only 200 feet away) is dirty. Lots of garbage, water was muddy, old boats tied up all over the beach. I did not even want to get in the water for fear of what sharp trash I might step on.

So,, while it's not the hotel's fault... you are most likely going there for some beach time.. and in that case you're in for a surprise (the same issue for any hotel there actually). Lovina beach just in not clean.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I booked a deluxe room with seaview with an extra bed via Agoda for 1 night (for parents and myself) because we wanted to go dolphin watching in the morning. When we arrived, we were told that because the seaview room is upstairs, the extra "bed" will only be a mattress on the floor as they could not bring a bed upstairs (no lifts, only stairs). I wanted a proper extra bed, so they gave me a room on the first floor, with 1 double bed and 1 single bed and was very near the pool. I didn't get any refund but that's OK because it happened that my mom was having issues with her knee so stair climbing was not so ideal.

The room was decent. The beds had mosquito nets which was cool. :) they also had an electric mosquito repellent in the room which you plug into the power socket. Mini bar, kettle with instant coffee, TV, air-conditioning & ceiling fan were in the room. There is a little patio with chairs outside the room which was rather quaint. The bathroom was so-so .... it was a bit old but i was there for only 1 night so it's ok.

The hotel is very near the beach. You can find many boats that will take you out to watch dolphins for 50,000-70,000 per person. I paid slightly more for mine as it was arranged via my driver/guide but still, it was very cheap. :) We didn't explore very much except the beach & the Jl Laviana as my mom couldn't walk so much. :P Jalan Kalibukbuk is a bit of a walk away (may 5-10 mins) which has more restaurants & shops.

There is a spa opposite the entrance of Suma hotel but I thought the prices were too much. I didn't realize Suma has a spa as well, otherwise I'd have gone for a massage or something.

Breakfast was GREAT! The Indonesian breakfast - Nasi Goreng and Mie Goreng were delicious! especially the Nasi Goreng (fried rice). it was so good that we ordered an additional plate. :)

The hotel is good for a night's stay. The staff were also very friendly. For that kinda price, there really can't be any complaints. I would totally come back here again because of the dolphins. Make this the first stop of your trip and you will be feeling great for the rest of the time! :)

Room Tip: extra bed on 2nd floor will be mattress only.
    • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
    1  Thank surelyeverything

Reviewed March 28, 2014

The central pool and garden make this place great- and its proximity to the quiet beach. The staff were typically helpful and young. Food was pretty good. the only downsides were a few things weren't working- our fridge was warm and musty, the airconditioner did not work at all and the safe needed some work.

Room Tip: The upstairs deluxe room had a sea view and good sized balcony
    • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 17, 2014

actually we have some limited time to holiday, so we want a special holiday and after looking some comments in tripadvisor we choose suma hotel for us.. the location is good, near the beach. and we impressed with the atmosphere, really balinese touch in every corner of the hotel.
    when we checked in, we can feel balinese touch. but after entering the room we try to call reception but there is no telephone! and we have to back down to ground floor just want to informed that our tumbler glass already broken!

i thought it was ok without telephone, and we enjoyed swimming pool with my daughter.. in the evening the most shocking problem appearance.. when my daughter spoiled her snacks into our bed, i directly asked reception to change our bed sheet. but i was shocked when he came with new linen and told us "we have no evening shift in housekeeping so you change your linen by your self".. and i said "what? how come??? come on you told me to change by my self??".. and he just left us behind without any clear situation solved.. amazing!

the breakfast is standard, nothing special.. we have to take cutlery by our self, and just standard..

we supposed to extend our stay but we decided to choose another hotel.

dont forget to bring your mosquito body lotion,, mosquito attack is horrible in the night even they provide mosquito net..

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family