“Fine dining in a unique setting”

The Damai Restaurant, Lovina
Ranked #3 of 59 Restaurants in Singaraja
Cuisines: European, French, Danish, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Brussels, Belgium
“Fine dining in a unique setting”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We have visited the Damai restaurant at various occasions with friends/family and it certainly remains the best restaurant in & around Lovina. We were pleased to see some changes to the menu, introduced by the new chef. The tuna tataki, wagyu sashimi and lobster tortellini are our favorite starters - my spouse usually also takes one of the starters as a main course. The green mango salad was a disappointment though. The Mahi-mahi with risotto (fresh fish of the day) is delicious. The duck breast is a classic at Damai but I would only recommend it to meat lovers. The rabbit is not fine and remained below our expectations (why eating rabbit in Bali any how?). The setting at Damai is unique - enjoy your cocktail at sunset (Caipirinha, classic margarita - Mojitea as a non-alcholic alternative). If you find the time, enjoy a soothing massage at Damai before dinner - the 6 hands is wonderful. They offer pick-up service for people not staying at the hotel. Kids menu available. Minor negative points : service could be slightly more attentive - at times they seem somewhat understaffed - and wine stock levels are too limited for a gourmet restaurant (we went back 2 times in the same week and the wine which was out of stock during our first dinner was still not replenished 1 week later)

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank TimVdB

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
new york, ny
“Excellent dinner at Damai”
Reviewed May 30, 2010

My husband & I had dinner at Damai on our last night in Lovina. My only regret is we arrived after the sun went down, so we didn't get to see this property in all of it's glory. The restaurant itself was on the 2nd floor in an open air space. It was very simple & stark. It was overrun by lizards - at one point I counted 17 that I could see. We had fun watching the throughout the night to see where they would go.
Damai had a great drink menu & we were pleased to order strawberry daquiris (surprisingly hard to find!). My husband opted for the 3 course Balinese menu & I got the 6 course tasting menu. His meal consisted of pigeon satay, suckling pig & a fruity dessert I can't recall. He thought everything was delicious. My meal was equally divine. I had lobster ravioli, waygu beef sashimi, a delicious grilled tenderloin, guava ice cream & a fantastic creme brulee (and I don't even like creme brulee!). By U.S. standards, it was a very cheap meal considering the amount of food we got & the quality of it, but by Bali standards it was expensive. We felt it was worth it & would definitely recommend it.
I only have 2 minor complaints. As the evening wore on, the service waned. We were the last diners there & had to sit around for nearly 20 minutes before someone came into sight to bring us our check. This was annoying. Also, when I was about half way through my beef tenderloin, I moved it on my plate & discovered a live beetle underneath it, covered in shabu-shabu sauce. I realize this is Bali & everything is prepared in the open & their are bugs everywhere. But I would think they would do a plate check prior to bringing out the food. Again, to me these were small things & I would return in a heartbeat.

1 Thank yohagopelo
Ghent area
“Worth at least 2 Michelin stars”
Reviewed June 1, 2009

This restaurant is one of the best hotel restaurants we've ever visited. We spent 4 evenings in this lovely small hotel and had lunch and dinner at the restaurant. Even the salads at lunch were delicately seasoned. We had a wonderful bouillabaise there and the service was friendly in the Balinese way.

copenhagen
“Best place for relaxing”
Reviewed November 5, 2008

fantastic damai ..
I've just been on damai in 8 days in a combined relaxation & business stay, I must say that I from the first moment felt welcome in this beautiful place, after gathering at the airport by my private butler, I was driven to damai & led to my villa; O) that contained all the luxuries that you would expect from a 5-star resort. and yet there was still room for surprises, there was a service without mage and a kindness that made me feel welcome 24 / 7 everything is done in stylish design and function perfectly. when I spent many nights in the restaurant at damai is super delicious & its menu varies from day to day + the ability to order exactly what you want. The private butler service you have when you live in their villas are fantastic (driver / guide / interpreter)

I can only recommend damai .. it is a wonderful place with a wonderful atmosphere ;O)

2 Thank fashionflight
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Stunning view and spectacular setting, this is a place where to enjoy quintessential food and service...”
Reviewed August 15, 2008