“Unforgetable Club Med Magical Experience”
Review of Club Med Bali

Club Med Bali
Ranked #12 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We (2 adults and 2 children aged 10 and 5) were at Club Med Bali from 7/3/14 to 14/3/14. Our very first time in Club Med resort.

We came here as strangers but we went home as though we have left our family behind, a.k.a. "Club Med Family".

We were greeted by a very friendly GO, Dana upon our arrival, and felt so refreshed after being pampered with nice fragrant cool towels and ice-lemon tea at the lobby.

Club Med Bali resort is very well maintained, immaculate and green. The gardens are manicured and it’s nice to see some wild life too. Our children loved the daily routine of feeding the water monitor lizards. And they were so amused by the friendly squirrels too that never failed to “greet” us whenever we walked through the Coconut Grove. We were so glad that there’s no issues at all with mozzies and flies as “fogging” is carried out 3 times a week.

We were very happy with our rooms. It’s 2 adjoining rooms with balcony and seaview. The rooms are spacious and very cosy albeit a little dated. It’s not an issue for us as we spent most of our time outdoor. We were extremely happy with the shower as the water pressure was fantastic, and it’s nice to be able to enjoy a good shower. On day two, we found out that unusual stale air was coming out from the air-con vent and we just mentioned it to a lovely GO (Zachary) we happened to talk to during lunch time before we lodged an official complaint at the reception. To our surprise, the room smells so good when we went back to pick up something after lunch. The air smells like morning dew. Thanks to Zachary for the prompt response!!!

As our kids were shy and didn't join the Mini Club, they were constantly pampered and made to feel at home by two very special GOs……Zachary and Dogan. We can say these two "angels" (I think they are...) would just appear from thin air whenever we need some company and help -- be it at the dinning area or around the resort. Despite of the number of people they were serving, they’d never fail to serve us…..fetching little things like fork, spoon and even a cup of drink. We also appreciate their time in sitting down with us sharing interesting life experiences...that adds lots of excitement to our stay.

And yes, deep appreciation to Ravin too (I would like to call him Master Chef) -- for baking me a beautiful cake on my birthday on the 11/3/14. It was a surprise indeed -- with the house (GOs and fellow Club Med members) clapping and celebrating my joyous day!! We were very priviledged to be able to sample Ravin’s mouth-watering ratatouille and grilled premium sirloin steak on our last night there. Thanks to special arrangement made by Chef Ravin and Zachary. We were told about the menu in advance and were invited to Batur restaurant since this is where ala-carte meal was served. However, we had to dine in Agung (buffet restaurant) instead of Batur restaurant on that night due to personal reason and ready to forego this special treat. I guess nothing is too difficult to GOs in Club Med……..we couldn’t go to Batur for the meal, Zachary and Ravin brought the meal to us at Agung! Very touched, grateful and impressed indeed ! We must say the steak was so succulent and juicy, the mushroom sauce was heavenly and we asked for extra serving of ratatouille. Good job Ravin ! Eating in Club Med Bali was gastronomic delight; there were good varieties of food everyday to satisfy the hungry crowd. Our kids got excited whenever it came to meal time.

Last but not least, how can we forget JB, the Chief de Village ! He must be the chief angel -- it seems he never sleeps -- he is everywhere with his cheery face. Thanks for spending a few minutes to play table tennis with our boy ! He felt so honored to play with a VIP. Don't you ever rest at all, JB??!!! It’s a pleasant sight to see his young children running around in the resort and also imitating their daddy and mommy on the stage. The presence of JB and his family makes the resort even more family-oriented; it makes you feel at home and relax.

All the GOs are so talented, creative and full of life !!! We thoroughly enjoyed the special show put together by them. We were there 7 nights and there’s a different theme each night. Every show is so entertaining and of high standard….especially the circus. Clayton and Pierre were simply amazing with their performance.

It would be very unfair too, if I didn't mention all the kind, courteous and smiley staffs we met on our stay -- from the photographers, gardeners to the cleaners etc, etc. -- ALL of YOU, have made our one week's stay here immeasurably wonderful and magical!! THANKS, THANKS AND THANKS again!!!!!

Jeremiah & Nicholle
Western Australia

Room Tip: Rooms close to the beach are also close to the bar. Hence it's quite noisy at night til about 11...
2  Thank malakh1971

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Tony and I have just returned to Perth, having spent 8 days at Club Med, Bali. We are both in our late 70's!!! We had everything at the resort, good food, beautiful cocktails, great staff, all with a big smile. We enjoyed the entertainment every night. J.B, you are such an inspiration with your dynamic personality!! You run a tight ship. I could not fault any of the staff, even the 'gardeners' picking up the leaves, who always gave me a big smile on my walk at 7 am. We did not have to leave the resort, as we had everything at hand!!! Tony slipped when getting out of the shower, but that did not put a damper on our holiday. JB thank you for giving us a room nearer the dining area/reception, after Tony fell getting out of the shower. Your kindness was very much appreciated. We will definitely visit Club Med,Bali, next year.

Room Tip: Rooms are only to keep your luggage and to sleep at night!!! The sheets and towels are changed dail...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 343Bessie77
Reviewed March 23, 2014

For our family this is the first time to Club Med Bali.
We had a very nice time in there.
Every GO's are friendly and kind.
My child walks with a steick.
Everytime we went to restaurant, greeting GO choose us a near table from the Buffe stand.
And then we went to snorkel, GO Dian took my child on his back from beatch to ship.
My child is not a kid,who's weight is around 40kg!
I've never requested those things.
I have no word to say thank you in English.I just say TOTTEMO ARIGATO!

2  Thank soybean800
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This was our 3rd trip to Bali but first at Club Med. We spent 14 nights there and loved everything about it. The all inclusive food, drinks and non stop entertainment was faultless.

We got to know Chief of the village JB, Pierre and the magnificent team of GO's and restaurant staff so well that they felt like family. They knew us all by name.. Impressive!!

The kids club was great fun, trapeze circus school an absolute highlight, thanks to Molly, BenJ, Jack and the rest of the team for making it so memorable. Also to Clayton, Sandy, Son and all the of the kids club GO's who always made the day exciting.

The themed shows at the theatre every night were so clever and entertaining. The kids couldn't wait to go whilst we could sip a cocktail at the outdoor bar then join them for more dancing and singing... True party atmosphere for young and old. Thank you Dora, Rosie and Nyoman and the rest of the bar team, for the great service..

The ambience and the food at the restaurants were fantastic. Well done to Ravin and Sam (executive & head chefs) for the enormous variety and great quality food. Special mention must go to Dogan the restaurant host for his excellent service and hospitality.. True gentleman.

The resort is well set up and accessible. Pool was nice with comfortable sun lounges and drink service. The beach was also nice for a change, with bar service which felt luxurious.

Club Med was a perfect holiday for my family of 5 and it ticked all the boxes. Cannot wait to return!!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Chrissie P
Reviewed March 22, 2014

This is our 2nd Club med vacation in 9 months. Club Med Bali had certainly lived up to our expectation and mini club is the best highlight.

Location:

Club med is located in the Nusa Dua area, which consists a number of brand resorts. The whole area is very nice and felt safe but unlike Phuket which has a mini mart and massage parlor right outside of club med entrance, it is 15 mins walk to the nearest mall (Bali Collection) or the market. It can get quite hot. Taxi is 25,000RP within the Nusa Dua area. People recommend you are from club med from the waist band, hence, if you want to be more discreet, remove the waist band. The infrastructure in Bali has improved after the APEC meeting but still not great, it is at least 1-1.5 hours from Club med to Ubud and other main tourist areas.

Room:

After being through our first club med experience in Phuket, we learnt not to expect a modern five star hotel of room, but I must say from a comparative stand point, Club Med Bali is definitely newer and the cleaning staff also do a more thorough job than their counter parts in Thailand. The toilet cover in one of our room is loose with a broken screw, I made a point of not reporting it and nothing was done for the week that we were there. I think the management can certainly try to do a better job in keeping up the room maintenance.

Mini Club:

We went as two families with four children ranging from 2 to 11 years old and tried all three: mini club, junior club and petit club. All the kids had a great time and wanted to spend more time. Clayton (head of all mini club) is an amazing talent, he hosts all the mini club performances with his own twists. My 2 year old boy loved him so much and he kept running up to him during the boy v.s. girl competition. In fact, all the GOs in Clayton's team are very much adored by the kids, Nur, Helmy(spelling ?) is my daughter's two favorite GOs. Definitely recommend you to send your kids to the respected aged club to enjoy some great fun.

Food:

The food is good but not exceptional. It has enough choices and the taste is generally good. The buffet restaurant can be crowded at times but not really an issue. We had hoped there would be more seafood and suggest management could consider it for the future.

Others:

We spent one day outside Clubmed and it was so so. We hired a local driver and his van for 450K RP/day, The elephant riding price is shocking compares to Phuket, 45-60US$ per person for 30 mins. So we did not do it. The monkey forest is good but the monkeys are only focused on grabbing banana from your hand and can be too aggressive for little kids' liking. We didn't explore much in Ubud but feels the cultural component is overrated, but how can you really blame any major tourist area for being over commercialized nowadays.

All in all, we had a great time at Club Med Bali.My daughter asked me why can't she have one year vacation and my two year old boy already wanted to go back.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank yfang2002
Reviewed March 21, 2014

It was my 1st trip to Club Med with my girl friends, and we decided on Bali since we wanted a short vacation. We certainly had a ball of a time and I would say our trip was truly value for money. To sum it up - a fun filled and entertaining holiday!
There were loads of activities to keep us busy i.e. aqua aerobics, yoga, gym classes, soaking in a jacuzzi, dancing & drinking @ the bar, or simply strolling & relaxing by the beach.
We were entertained nightly by their multi talented GOs, and even the GM participated in the performances as well - how impressive! Also love those specially designed costumes, so colorful and vibrant.
The GOs were so friendly, sociable and helpful. Amazed by their second to none service. Their F & B staff were also very welcoming. The manager took the trouble to visit us during our meals, most certainly to ensure we have pleasant meals I guess. Nevertheless, there's room for improvement on their Chinese cuisines and monotonous selection of dishes.
Overall, the property and rooms especially needed some refurbishment. The rooms were basic, small and 'old'. The shower room was tiny and there were no bed room slippers to be found either. Anyway, holidays were meant to be spent and enjoyed outdoors.
We would personally like to thank Pamela for the welcoming introduction, Clayton for the 'walking' brief, Pierre for his gym and yoga sessions (and most honored for his dinner invitation), Zachary for ensuring our pleasant and enjoyable meals, Ravin (the Executive Chef) for his specially cooked crab dish - hmm, yummy finger licking good - applause! Also not forgetting our sweet Maya for arranging our private tour, Dogan for getting to know us at the bar, and special thanks goes to JB for bidding us farewell. And those who have crossed our path during our short stay - Made, Bullet, Matt, Godlief ( our 'Ms Malaysia').
Overall, we were satisfied and happy with our stay. Looking forward to share more exciting holiday experiences with CLUB MED - thumbs up!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Meylee3626
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is the 9th Club Med resort that my family have visited. I used to rate Albion as number one, but it has been replaced by Bali. My stay there was mind blowing!

I am glad that I did not make a wrong choice. I persuaded my immediate family to switch from Banyan Tree to Club Med, as we are long time Club Med fans.

The booking with the Singapore office was not smooth when the staff in Singapore Office informed me the Great Member programme is only valid in Bintan, Phuket and Cherating. I was surprised to hear that. Nonetheless, I went without any expectations of privileges of the Great Members.

AS we visited many Club Med before, we do have a certain service expectation. Man, I can tell you, Bali had just raised that level to a new height.

Rooms were just moderate as the resort was built 25 years ago. For guests who mind about the rooms, club med may not be your choice as the air con and fridge were quite old. Shower areas aren't as polish as any 4-5 star resort. This is not club med offers.

a) Programmes
The man of the resort, JB did a fantastic job, with help from his lieutenants. To name a few, Yigit (bar manager), Ravin (chef), Pertama (restaurant Manager), Ibram (room manager). The whole management team just clicked, from the way things are done and one can really feel the energy of the resort, it was electrifying.

If you are looking for a resort that is packed with activities, all inclusive, not to worry about your children, club med is number one. I strongly recommend this club to you. It is value for money as everything is inclusive except the gift shop, special drinks and exclusive tours. Otherwise, you will be occupied everyday, even kayaking, wind surfing and snorkelling are FOC, conducted by specialists.

Personally, I enjoyed sipping coffee by the beach bar, enjoying the cool breeze that met my face.

Word of Appreciation
We really appreciate the service provided by JB and his team (Yigit, Ravin, Rob, Specialist restaurant manager), not forgetting Tino, Hakim by the bar and the two ladies by the beach bar.

I am now planning another holiday with club Med at the end of the year, see you again.

Room Tip: If you want quietness, choose room far away from the main lobby (nearer to the Spa). A new swimming...
2  Thank wviwc66