“So disappointed.....”
Review of Club Med Bali

Club Med Bali
Ranked #11 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Its was my husbands 50th and we though Club Med Bali was the dream holiday, we arrived totally exhausted from a far journey with a 15month old baby and was taken to our room, the humidity was terrible but bearable, the room was spacious, but the fridge didn't work nor the aircon, we complained and was told the hotel was full but they could move us the following day which they kindly assisted us to move.
In the 2nd room after a day the aircon wasn't blowing cold and they came to fix the aircon but did not get it right! by now we were gatvol!
At night the bar area played such loud music that it kept us awake until they were finished parting which was normally after midnight.

The 1st couple of times we went to the restaurant there was nobody who assisted us or advised us that there was a baby fridge with food inside. Eventually I was kindly introduced to a South African guy who worked at Club Med who was so helpful (I cant remember his name) who assisted us and introduced us to Ravin Balhoo, Ravin made sure my baby food was freshly made everyday and what ever I need for her, he did. Ravin you are a SUPER STAR, thank you for being such a help, your food was good and your service was brilliant.

By day 7 we were so excited to be leaving Bali, we will never do a CLUB MED again as it feels like a cattlemarket and has no personal touch to their guests, you are just a number in CLUB MED its so disappointing...............

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Vanessa G
Write a ReviewReviews (4,221)

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed at Club Med Nusa Dua for 8 nights in mid December (myself, husband, son, daughter and granddaughter 4 yrs). We only found out 2 days before we left Australia that we were staying at club Med Nusa Dua, having been transferred there due to extreme flooding at the cherating, Malaysia Club Med. This holiday was to celebrate a 60th birthday and what a celebration it was! From the moment we arrived we were welcomed by the wonderful GO's and straight away were in holiday mode. The head of village Jean Benoit should be very proud of his staff, as they worked non-stop from morning until the wee hours of the night always with a smile on their faces. Our ground floor interconnecting rooms were spacious, well-appointed and always impeccably clean. My granddaughter, though reluctant to leave her Mum always enjoyed her time in mini club and loved the staff, in particular, Clayton......"well?, where was the train?!!" . The girls and guys in the mini club did not falter in their efforts to keep the kids entertained and we loved the shows they put on with the kids....they then had to take part in entertaining the adults at night afterwards.
The food in the buffet restaurant was fantastic, so much to choose from and it was great to see the Head Chef wandering through the restaurant ensuring everything was up to scratch. The restaurant staff attended to our every need, always with a smile. The adult shows and theme nights were very enjoyable and we loved joining in with all the club med dances and songs, from around the pool, kids club and main bar....though I am having trouble getting the "Caio I have to go now" song out of my head!!
The front desk staff always answered any queries quickly and with a smile. Nothing was too much trouble.
Wether lazing around the pools drinking cocktails, participating in the many land and water sports offered or taking part in the circus school, my entire family thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Club Med, Nusa Dua and we will be definitely be back.

Room Tip: The rooms down towards the zen pool are definitely quieter, and although a fair walk, helped to keep...
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We had our first trip to Club Med Bali and stayed from 8-11 Dec 2013. With a family of close friends, we made a party of 8, 4 adults and 4 boys.

Club Med is a fantastic destination for own time, own target! There's no need to plan meals, activities for anyone. It's just chillax (chill & relax) for us adults.

Initially, our younger boy had some issues with the other members at the Junior Club and was quite unhappy. We spoke to GO Sandy and the next thing we knew, our younger son was enjoying himself. Kudos to GO Sandy who had listened attentively. Our 2 boys misses him and still speak of him and the hilarious experiences they had together! :D GO Sandy made excellent memories for our teenage boys.

The boys had a great time trying out/enjoying the various new activities and making new friends. As parents, we watched as our elder teenage son enjoy his exposure to what was his first 'adult party'. Dancing and singing late into the night.

Our Interconnecting Rooms (5000 range) were almost to the end of the Resort but close to the Sports Centre. A fair bit of walking from the main Reception, Pool and Main Bar, which means that it was quieter. That suited us fine. Facilities were basic. (No toothbrushes provided.) But then again, we didn't spend much time in the rooms.

We enjoyed the food and the great hospitality of Dogan. Dogan and Executive Chef Ravin had some excellent recommendations for us too. The lamb is not to be missed. SHIOK sekali!!

A shout out to GO Pierre (Achery) for his excellent service. He personally cleared a table for our dinner on the second night, when we couldn't find an empty table. Together with Manu (Lifeguard), we had a most enjoyable dinner with much laughter! We learnt a lot from the conversations :)

CM Bali had themes for each day we were there. So, if one is into theme dressing... :
1) All red
2) White & Red
3) All White
4) Elegant

We had a fantastic experience at CM Bali. One to which had the boys saying, 'It was too short!'

Room Tip: Rooms in the 5000 range are quieter and closer to the Sports Centre, Quiet Pool and Spa.
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Pool, entertainment & sport availability is great...Staff was excellent and always helpful. The manager (JP) always there to talk to and give solutions to any request.
Its worth the heavy price tag attached!
Will visit more Club Med resorts in Asia...done Bali & Malaysia. Next will be Phuket!

Room Tip: As far as possible away from the pool and reception. Most rooms are far enough, but just make sure y...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed four days in December 13 and enjoyed it greatly. Very professional team at every level, lead by JB who will all go the extra mile to ensure you enjoy your holiday. I liked the varied food and I liked the spacious, manicured resort.
The entertainment was fun and its a great place for kids.

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Me and my family stayed there for a week, when we got there I was impressed of how big the resort was. When we got to our rooms (2 rooms) they were okay, nothing to incredible, later on we got a tour around the resort and we were amazed of how many stuff we could do wind surfing , archery, kayak, pool, beach, soccer, trapeze, and many more. Our week was amazing and we loved the hotel, totally recommend this resort and this destination!!!!

Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My family and I planned a relaxing pre Christmas holiday to club med in Bali. Unfortunately my husband was delayed and so I ended up having a week long holiday alone with my 3 young children. I can honestly say that without the help of the GOs it would have been a nightmare. The mini club and petite club GOs kept the eldest two entertained for most of the day and with the help of a local babysitter I managed to get a few hours each day to myself. At mealtimes it was never hard to find a friendly face to keep an eye on the youngest two while I went and got them and myself some food. Thank you all for saving our holiday.