“will return”

Ranked #13 of 53 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Adelaide, Australia
“will return”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We were really happy with Club Med Nusa Dua... not extravagant living but who gets to enjoy this with kids anyway. Food was great, kids never hungry and always busy, very friendly staff. A great family holiday all round :)

1 Thank Kirsty B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Right from our arrival at the Dempesar Airport you were made to feel like we were welcome. We haven't had such a brilliant time in a while.

The staff at Club Med were so attentive to all our needs and really worked together to make sure that all guests needs were taken care off.

The only suggestion I would make is please make sure that you wear well gripping shoes, especially after the afternoon tropical storms. the floor is extremely slippery. After falling over myself I found Reef Walker the best option but don't let this problem put you off.

The activities kept you busy whilst at the resort (if you didn't want to leave the property, you didn't have to), and the evening entertainment was a blast.

Thank you to Club Med and ALL the staff at Nusa Dua.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This was our second trip to Club Med Bali and although the staff had all changed the fun and atmospher had not. In my opinion there is no better value for an inclusive holiday for us. Just my husbands golf games alone would have cost a fortune (Nusa Dua Country Club USD$250 per round) but with Club Med they were packaged in our price, but he also got coaching and comp included (Kudos to the golf pro - you did a great job and my husband had a blast everyday at 4pm!)
I got to do some Yoga (thanks Sam) and water aerobics and also read my book at the Zen pool. The GO's and the circus crew are, as always, tireless and work so hard to keep the kids entertained all day and not an X-Box or TV in sight!!! Thank-you to Stanley, Yuki and Son who did an amazing job with all the kids...Our son who is 4 didn't want to join kids club but still had fun hanging with us at the pool or feeding the fish and lizards at the ornamental pond. The lawn in the coconut grove is great to spot squirrels and the beach is a fab place for castle building. He and my husband also enjoyed a couple of games of Boche which was in a nice shaded area of trees overlooking the water.
As ever, the chefs and kitchen staff do an amazing job turning out 3 buffets a day for everyone. We loved the selection of food and never chose to eat in the a'la'carte resturant. The fresh pastry and bread baked everyday, would rival anything I've seen in France! My daughter especially loved the partitoned trays she could take to each station and collect her own meals. There were 2 nights of entertainment that were fantastic - White Sensason and the Cultural night. The staff really have worked very hard to put some great entertainment together. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves...I even revisited my 20's with a pool party and Dj at the Zen pool one night - TOO much fun. Thanks Pierre!
2 years ago when we stayed, there seemed to be more of a focus on the Kids and activities for them. This time there were lots more older couples and singles staying and the GO's seemed to be more about entertainment and sports activities. The only thing I will say about our stay was that is was VERY hot...I know, I know. Bali in November is hot. But the pool at Club Med is also very hot...like 36 degrees! So my poor little boy who was really struggling in the heat, couldn't even cool off in the pool. But word has it there are plans for a refit for the rooms, a new restaurant and pool being build. Fingers crossed when they do the design it will be cool and refreshing! Yes the rooms are dated and the TV's are small, but I guess the Club Med philosphy is that you should be out joining in the fun and NOT sitting in your room. Thanks to JB and Pierre for another excellent family holiday. We will definatly be back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Holi_DayPortHedland
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Room look quite old using lousy 19 inch LCD screen with bad movie reception.
Food not much choices and does not taste good compared to the one at CM Bintan. Worst experience is those "commando" mosquitos which is rather bad. Beach very dirty.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank suzuki_g6k4
ClubMedUK_official, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Bali, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
First and foremost I would like to thank you for your time spent putting your comments on Trip Advisor as it is only with constructive criticisms that we can improve the standards and quality of service offered by Club Med.

I was sorry to hear of your disappointment with regards to certain aspects of your holiday at Club Med Bali.

I was sorry to read that you found the accommodation to be dated. Whilst we are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused to you, as the resort is in full operation throughout the season and in is constantly at full occupancy levels, regrettably, this makes it difficult for the resort staff to carry out full refurbishment works around guest rooms and resort facilities when guests are in resort, as this will cause disturbance to our guests and their holiday. Nevertheless I have passed these comments over to the relevant departments at the above resort for their perusal.

I have noted your comments with regards to the catering and food choices available during your stay and that you felt it did not meet with your expectations. Kindly note that, whilst hoteliers do their utmost to provide a variety of dishes and choices to suit all tastes and nationalities, we trust you will appreciate that food is largely a matter of personal taste and preference.

As per the presence of mosquitoes on site, I have been advised that the presence of insects during the period of your stay was due to the natural environment where the resort lies. I have also been informed that if concerns are raised by our guests on site, the Housekeeping department can offer to spray their room with a specific repulsive product.

Please do get in contact with us via our Customer Relations Office (UK) using our e-mail address customer.uk@clubmed.com if you require any further assistance or would like to make an official complaint with us.

Assuring you of our best intentions at all times,

Club Med Customer Relations UK
Perroy, Switzerland
Reviewed November 14, 2013

When we select a Club Med, one of our main reasons is to wind down after a more tyring circuit or cultural visits. Great beach and sport facilities are a must. This time was no different, before going to the Club, we spent a few days in Bali and the Java - Yogyakarta area to visit temples and other historical and typical sites.
Arriving at the Club Med in Bali, the first impressions are great, the great personal welcome by JB, the Village Manager and his 'right hand' Pierre, we were off to a great start!
However, checking into the rooms is a big disappointment, quite worn down though clean, the rooms are definitely not up to a 4 trident standard, and certainly not comparable to any of the hotels we stayed at in Bali or Java.
The food and the buffets are good, the evening animation average, even tough the tireless animation staff try very hard. The pool area and lounge area on the way to the beach are great with great lounge chairs everywhere. The central bar also is well located and the bar service is friendly, fast and pro.
The beach is poor, watersports accomodation is nearly non existing, except for a couple of kayaks. No sailboats at all, a few old windsurf boards and huge wave breakers in front of the beach so even the ocean view is everything but sexy.
Up to the circus trapeze school: tops as usual
Tennis: I took daily intermediate tennis classes, but in seven days the teacher did not ONCE give advice or corrections to myself or any of the other players; Cory just hits balls at you for one hour and that's it. It's a good workout (at 36°C and 100% humidity!) but that's no class, a pity.
Golf is great, with a nice 6-hole course. Here, however, we had a great and motivated teacher, Made, who went out of the way to give excellent advice for improvement to all!
Overall, the staff is great and friendly, we had a great time with our friends, but unlike other past Club Med trips, we very probably won't come back to this one...

1 Thank markh01
On behalf of Club Med, thank you for taking the time to put your comments onto Trip advisor as it is not without such constructive criticism that Club Med can make improvements wherever necessary to ensure that the service and care provided to our customers is of the highest possible quality.

I very was very sorry to note that you were dissatisfied with certain aspects of your stay with us at Club Med Bali.

I was sorry to read that you found the accommodation to be somewhat worn down. Whilst we are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused to you, as the resort is in full operation throughout the season and in is constantly at full occupancy levels, regrettably, this makes it difficult for the resort staff to carry out full refurbishment works around guest rooms and resort facilities when guests are in resort, as this will cause disturbance to our guests and their holiday. Nevertheless I have passed these comments over to the relevant departments at the above resort for their perusal.

On a much more positive note, I was very pleased to note that you found your first impressions of the resort to be great after having a positive and personal welcome to the resort by both the Chef de Village, JB and Pierre.

I regrettably read that you found the beach area, beach facilities and some sports to be poor. Please note that I have ensured that the relevant departments have been made aware of this so that improvements to these facilities can be made.

However, I was pleased to read that you found the golfing facilities to be of a very high standard and that the tuition given by Made was excellent.

Assuring you of our best intentions at all times,

Club Med Customer Relations UK
Adelaide
Reviewed November 13, 2013

1st and foremost I love the Club Med experience. My wife and I have been to 2 other CM (Phuket and Bintan) and really have enjoyed the experience. This was the 1st club med with our boy - 3 yr old - so it was always going to be a different experience than previous ones.

I am giving them 4 stars but really they earnt 3.5 in my opinion - its just that you cant give 1/2 stars in your overall rating. Here's why I rated as such.

Arrival at Denpasar airport - after the chaos of the "new" airport still finishing their construction - we made our way out through the hundred's of signs for various hotel chains and finally found the club med sign. After finally finding our names on the mutliple pages of guests we were taken away (separately from the arriving french guests- why?) to our transfer out to the resort.

Arrival at the resort - fair to say it was lack lustre - JB the head of the village not there to great us - we later found out he was in a meeting - but not even his deputy. After the welcome drink and cold towel and wrist band we were whisked away to our room.

Our room - I think the room we had was a deluxe room - on the ground floor in the Jawa wing. So we had a nice private "balcony" area with 2 lounge chairs and direct access to the grounds from this door which was used alot. Unfortunately with a 3 yr old we had concerns on his ability to escpae from the room using this door.

We called the maintenance guys as there was no way to deadlock this door - they came quite quickly but didnt really understand our problem/concern. After fussing around they promised to come back the next day to install a chain or an extra lock - they didn't return and it was probably our fault for not following up either. In the end we pushed the lounge chair on the balcony against the door each night to stop the possibility of our boy escaping via that door.

The room was well appointed and of generous size. The bathroom was of usable size without being too small or too big. The beds were comfortable and large in size (2 king singles) they pushed together for us. The little boys bed was of good size as well without impacting on the space of the room. Airconditiong in the room was good and a welcome relief from the heat outside. The cupboard space in the room was a little tight - not quite enough and your suitcase needed to be stored out of the cupboard to make it usable.

Free WIFI in the room and the resort was a good feature (and also bad for spending too much time online) and the range of tv channels was adequate in the room - again a distraction so a bad thing really.

Resort facilities - This is what makes club med ticks - it's not really about your room. The pool was just big enough for the guests we had at the time of our visit. I had read that it heats up in the afternoon - well I couldnt tell you if that was true as all our swimming was done in the mornings. We would have breakfast then go down to the pool for the morning - so we beat the crowds. Never had a drama getting a seat right next to the pool. Maybe the pool depth in the middle wasnt probably deep enough and also around the pool edge can heat up - even the wooden boards heated up so it was worth keeping your flip flops on until you got down to the pool itself.

Pool bar or I guess the main bar - This was a fantastic spot for a drink and a big tick for having the kids area and steps up to the bar for ordering their own drinks. By the end our little boy was dragging us over to the bar for "orange drink" - orange juice - o.k little man dad will take you to the bar ;) The cocktails and mixed spirits seemed a little deprived of alcohol if you get my drift..

Buffet restaurant - We only ate here at the buffet and didnt experience the alacarte restaurant. Now we need to divide the buffet restaurant into 3 different experiences for each meal - Breakfast - easily the most disapointing meal - stringy bacon yuck, way too many asian options given the nationality of the clients and I struggled each morning with a lack of variety of foods. Lunch - much better in quantity and variety of foods and a good range of desserts also. Dinner also very good and had a theme for each night so was very pleased.

The dining areas were separated into 3 areas - 1 adult only - and 2 areas indoors - we mostly ate in the white area as the seats were better for our little boy to sit on - the orange area our boy slid off the cushion most of the time. There was also outdoor areas for those who want to dine in the heat...

My main concern really for the restaurant was the over catering towards the Asian clients - 4 areas for their own cuisines and although I did eat alot what they had their it seemed like Australian or European clients were under catered for in just 1 area really. Also the guy cutting up meat on the carvery area twice gave the "end" grissly pieces of meat - that soon stopped when I protested that he gave the customers in front of me freshly cut meat and I got the crppy pieces!! Fool me once, twice but not a 3rd time...

Sports facilities - Sagar from archey was brilliant for archey and also the Yoga classes - top marks dude! Aang from water sports also very good. I blame both of them for the hangover I got from drinking with them at the night club 1 night!! The circus looked good also but after previous failures on it i left for the kids this time. Perhaps next time

I took the free snorkelling trip which was good - pity the coral was fairly average - but enough fish to keep you busy for the 45 minutes - and it was a free trip.

G.O's - As I said tops marks for Sagar and Aang. Also I think Christie and her colleague - each time they saw our little boy they had hugs and kisses and high 5's depsite him not being in the kids club.

Unfortunately I cannot give JB the head of the village a very good rating - if you read this JB understand this - EVERY client REGARDLESS of nationality should be treated equally as special guests. I felt like because I wasnt French (or a corprate guest with Renault motor company - probably on a free incentive trip as well) I, my wife and little boy were just another number.

1st you did not greet us on arrival - My wife and spent 5 days trying to guess who was the head of the village - previous club med experience we were never left wondering this - the head of the village was seemingly everywhere and all the time and always interacting with the guests. Luckily we bumped into you on our 5th day and you explained the day we arrived you were in meetings - but still you made no effort to try and catch that up - poor form in my opinion.

Also on another night I witnessed you talking and drinking at the bar with another 2 G.O's for 45 minutes - this was 45 minutes that you did not interact with your guests and overall just a lacklustre effort all round. Also no goodbye from you - the only reason we saw you on check out was that our transfer to another resort was late - but otherwise we would have missed you on arrival and departure.

The surrounding areas from club med are worth a walk around. Along the beach past the other resorts was good to see the different resorts in nusa dua - the sofitel next to the club med looks to be a big resort - not sure if they will be ready for the supposed december opening though. The shopping centre bali collection is a 15 minute walk away but it is a very safe, western shopping mall type place. In the opposite direction from the bali collection 3 min walk is a small lane with the sort of market shopping you find in kuta. As we were heading to the Hard Rock hotel in kuta next we left our shopping for then.

One strange feature about leaving the resort is that if you leave via the front entrance you have to sign out/back in at the security hut. BUT if you leave the resort grounds via the beach pathway - no need to sign out/in - strange indeed.

Overall we still enjoyed our club med visit but are in no hurry to go back to this resort. Previous club med experiences have left us wanting more sadly not on this occasion. The resort overall is too big to give the personal experience we have previously encountered and as I said we felt like just another number on this visit. What a pity.

5 Thank gonefarandwide
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 12, 2013

If it wasn't for my wife and kids insisting we go to Club Med Bali, I would never have chosen to go. I wanted to go back to CM Phuket!! But I am so glad we went!! The whole family had a wonderful time. The resort, the food and the activities are all there and all wonderful. Sure you can pick some faults and find something to complain about, but I think that says more about you than the resort. You can always pay double and triple and go elsewhere...but, they don't have GO's. In my honest opinion, it is the GO's who make the difference. My thanks go to Geoff, who was the life of the party. To Chelsea for getting me into water aerobics (when I wanted to relax)...To Yigit for maintaining an excellent cigar selection for me to enjoy. For Geddes putting up with me at archery. My thanks to Oka and Made for helping me with my golf game. To Tawan and Ian for those power walks in the morning. To Pae, Adi and Gavan for keeping the drinks coming. To Tem for sorting out problems behind the from desk and to Marco and Sam for your friendship/hospitality and a wonderful send off dinner!! To Pierre John (2IC) and to Rob (manager land team) what and inspiration and example both you guys are!! Your conduct and energy were exemplary, no wonder you have such a wonderful team. My thanks to all for a wonderful and memorable time.

The point of all the above is that if you immerse yourself in all the activities and get to know the GO's, I think it enhances your overall experience and you'll come back with wonderful memories. So much so we have already booked a Club Med holiday for the family next year at Club Med Belek!! Can't wait.... See you all there....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua
Grand Mirage Resort
Grand Mirage Resort
#9 of 30 in Tanjung Benoa

Been to Club Med Bali? Share your experiences!