“Good for a young family” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Club Med Bali

Club Med Bali
Ranked #13 of 53 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Paris, France
“Good for a young family”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Plenty of food, drinks and activities makes this good for a young family. But a bit too much of the same things over n over again. The food is good but seems repetitive. The drinks flow and there is really no duty of care here with service until people cant drink anymore, especially young adults, with drinking games encouraged by the staff late in the evening. Resort itself is very good, very clean and love the beachside lounges. He pool for some reason was tiled in dark stone so stays very warm and isnt refreshing at all. Cabanas around the pool get saved from 7:30 each morning by people putting there towels there. Tennis, golf are good side attractions. Rooms are very verry dated. Staff are a bit in your face but that is club med I suppose. Would I stay here again....probably not...been there and done

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LeGOAT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (553)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is an old club that has been renovated with a weird sense of style. The accommodation buildings are nice however main bar and restaurant are really ugly. The restaurant was bad with only very limited Asian choices, with the Indinasian specialties almost non existent. Service was well meaning, but completely unprofessional. We were staying at an interconnecting suite which was very nice and spacious, but due to service weakness, we could not enjoy some of the privileges: we requested room service breakfast which was cold and missing something every day. The room was never properly cleaned with stains on the floor, although we complained about it every day. We got a lot of apologies, but no clean floors. The entertainment was old and boring with the same dances every night.
And finally we had the pleasure of being insulted by the manager if the hotel (chief of the village) which was a first for us even with 20 years of club med experience!...
Only good thing was the junior club and trapeze. Not to mention that club med has the worst beach in Nusa dua because they were latecomers (and in the rare occasion that the water is high or clean enough to swim, the jet skies are all over you!!). The specialty restaurant was terrible.
Club med has no notion of value for money and they treat their highest paying guests like intruders. The employees are weak, but they are all trying to put in the last word and arguing with customers.
In a nutshell, Bali is a wonderful and interesting place, but do not waste your time and your money at club med with their backward, but snotty management!...Go somewhere else!...

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KenyaTraveller70
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Firstly, I feel terrible that it has taken me so long to write this review, however better than not at all.

My husband and I took our three boys (2 yo twins and 5 yo) to Club Med Bali from mid August for two weeks.

Whilst we had to adjust to the Club Med way, by the end we were in full swing, with a strong appreciation of how well cared for our children were which in turn gave us a lot of free time and ability to relax in true holiday style.

The twins went to PETIT CLUB which they adored. We would have breakfast and a family swim and then off they would race always with big smiles. My 5 year old went to the MINI CLUB which he also enjoyed, though one down side with going in August and out of Australian school holidays was that there were many French speakers, so not many other children for him to make friends with. I am sure if we went back in school holidays his experience would go from a good one to a GREAT one. Even this morning he asked when we are going back.

In regards to the Kids Club activities I think these were great and catered to the vast array of people who attend. Of course, some activities were true highlights and others were classed as OK, but seriously I couldn't have expected anything better. What was great was the list that outlined all activities by the hour for the whole day, so if there was an activity that I knew my son wouldn't want to do eg Zumba, I just picked him up and bought him back to the pool. But this was not needed often and in many ways it was a delight to see him for an hour especially knowing that he would pop back into Kids Club for the rest of the day.

The food was better than expected and that is something for someone who enjoys fabulous high quality food and hates buffet. I actually found myself enjoying the experience. We had no illness or came across nothing suspect.

I loved the facilities and the grounds. So much more space and green grass than every other resort. Our rooms were very spacious as well and opened onto our own little area with a market umbrella and cushioned chairs which was lovely.

The customer services and true feeling of being welcome was a highlight. Of course being Club Med there are an amazing number of GOs who just want to please and make the stay as great as possible.

We will definitely be back as we have decided that as a family of 3 very active boys Club Med is for us (just as my mum took us when I was little myself). We will definitely return to Bali, though will wait until after the renovation next year which will fix up any small grip I had. Great that the resort has been listening to feedback as it was a pleasant surprise to hear of the changes and realise that they matched what I thought was missing!

So many people I could thank, though would like to call out all the staff in the Petite Club (Icha, June, Angie, Menie, Gede) for taking such amazing care of my crazy twin boys Angus and Matthew and of course all the staff at the Mini Club. So many to name, though each and every one of you made the experience a fabulous one. My son made a special friendship with one GO named Yuki who really made his stay a special one as did Octa. Thank you Allyn for managing such a special program.

See you soon!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank BT333
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

My family and I spent 9 nights at Bali Club Med this month and will definitely not be going back. As our experience was common to many of the guests we chatted to, I want to warn others. For brevity, I will only list the worst problems, but there were many.

1) Kids club. The kids club was so boring that my 5 and 6 year olds never wanted to go, at all. We forced them a couple of times and they hated it, as did all the other kids whose parents we spoke to. The GOs marched them around in the heat without giving them drinks, and the activities were dull, the staff bland, with none of the spark and fun that kids respond to. This was a stark contrast to our time at Phuket Club Med last year, when the kids LOVED it – they wanted to stay at the club all day and the activities were fantastic, the staff awesome (Mark Love was an absolute blast!). An example of the difference between Phuket and Bali: when my son did the trampoline bungy at Phuket he laughed the whole time, as the staff relaxed him and let him jump higher as his confidence grew. At Bali, he was scared and nearly crying because the arrogant circus guy flung him up super-high immediately and kept bouncing him down to make him go higher. I had to tell him to slow it down and even then the creep kept doing it. That guy was absolutely terrible with kids and should never be working with them. He was circus staff, not kids club, but the useless kids club staff were not helping the kids by stepping in to control the circus idiot.
2) Sickness. My two year old began vomiting violently after about four days there, then got diarrhoea that lasted over a week. My other kids vomited for a couple of days too. I don’t know if it was food poisoning but the housekeeping staff and the nurse said that many people were suffering with the same symptoms. Not a fun time and probably something that better food hygiene could control. (To their credit, most of the housekeeping staff were great, despite all the soiled cots, towels and sheets.)
3) The food. Patchy – some things were good but others were definitely not right. I had pineapple juice that tasted off one morning and there was bacon on the buffet that had to be spat out because it was rancid.
4) General upkeep. Everythign looks very daggy, faded and tired. The aircon in our room sounded like a small jet but didn’t cool much. The day beds around the pool were ripped and faded, as were the pool towels.
5) Transfers. When we arrived after a long flight with three little kids, there was no one there to greet us. Having been left hanging by other hotels in the past that promised pick-up, we thought we’d been forgotten, which was a bit stressful. The driver did materialise after about 10 minutes, but what’s the point of a transfer if they don’t actually meet you?

However, my husband and I would have forgiven all of the above if only the kids club had been worth it. It was certainly not - it was so bad they spent a total of about three hours there over the nine days, and that only because we forced them. Having seen the way the kids club was run, I could not bring myself to send them there more often; it really was CRAP, and consequently we didn't get a break.
We were all extremely disappointed by Club Med Bali, it was an absolute waste of time and money.
It is a real shame because we had SUCH a great time at the Phuket resort – everything there exceeded our expectations by far and the kids club was incredible - but now we doubt we will ever go back to Club Med.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Meggan H
ClubMedAP, General Manager at Club Med Bali, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Meggan H,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations.

It is difficult to comment on your feedback as our Kids Clubs are world known for their outdoor activities (Tennis, Circus, Golf, kayaking etc) and our dedicated G.O teams. Our Resort has also recently won the 2013 Traveler’s Choice Award (voted mainly by families) so your comments are surprising. I am not sure if your concerns were brought up to the team in Bali during your stay? I will certainly review your feedback with both Kids clubs and Circus teams.

Regarding your feedback on stomach illness, this is also unfortunate but I can reassure you that Food and Hygiene are of utmost importance in our Resorts and a food issue would have generated same illness at the same time by many clients, this was not the case. Gastro is the most common illness suffered by travellers and often spread amongst family members / friends over few days. This seems to be in line with your comments.

Thank you once again for your feedback,
General Manager – Club Med Bali
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I say 'BALI' ohhhh~~, Amazing experience!

This was second visit for CLUMED after 1st holidays in CLUBMED PHUKET in 2005
CLUBMED BALI is a big villager, reception time was very helpful with detailed explanation with G.O Leila.
She answered all about CLUBMED BALI even for a tiny questions.
Especially, she was kind for kids. So, I regreted not joining with my little daughter at that time..
My husband and me wanted to talk with PAE, the nice guy, Leila introduced us to him without hesitate. We talked a lot together.
We never forget CLUBMED BALI in whole life.
Very good time with PAE, the gentleman - Bartender, RHISI, the Sound artist, and other many kind G.Os!
Specailly, we give 100 stars to Leila! We sure CLUMED will be more attractive village for everybody with this nice G.Os

Thank you!

Regards,

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joonmin
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

First time to Club Med with kids aged 7 and 5.
Reallly great experience - Everyone very friendly and helpful.
Rooms fine, buffet excellent choices and staff always clearing plates - don't know why others had complained?
Couldn't fault activities and restaurant staff and service - activities great and well supervised.
Twos thing I would say was that entertainment/shows at night started around 9pm - our guys were tuckered by then and we didn't see one show, buffet should start at around 6pm and shows earlier.
Reception staff not quite on ball when dealing with late check outs and details of transfers - get late checkout in writing!
Overall excellent stay, grounds kept immaculate!
Special mention to Christian - Lollipop, Echa, Sagar, Kori and Angsley - also Lina in buffet.
All made our stay a wonderful experience.
many thanks

1 Thank Timwebb007
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was our first resort holiday with kids and after a tumultuous couple of years we were ready for a 'proper' holiday. We never wanted to leave!!!

Bali is close for us (Perth based) but we had no desire for the 'Bali experience', we just wanted to chill out. This made Club Med perfect! We left the resort only for super-cheap massages and hair braiding around the corner of the resort - everything else was provided.

Mini Club was fantastic for the kids, they attended for a few hours or a whole day depending on their mood and the GOs were beautiful! One of our children has additional needs and having discussed this with the Asst Mgr at registration, he came back to me 20 mins later with very relevant questions - he had obviously google-d & wanted to ensure everything would be ok. This was not something I had expected and I was incredibly impressed - thank-you Erick!

Club Med is all-inclusive which means when you're there you almost never need to reach into your back pocket. After 10 days for 4 people we paid less than $300 at check-out (& that was including a night of French bubbles for me on that tab!). So whether you want to do some archery or have a tennis lesson or send the kids to trapeze or have another margarita or book into the restaurant for a parents-only dinner.... it's all included. As a Mum responsible for everything to do with running our family's lives, there is nothing more relaxing!!!!

The GOs were remarkable. Yes, it's their job to be friendly and cooperative but they were wonderfully lovey and accommodating. Reception staff were helpful; the rooms were serviced well each day; the air con worked well; everything happened (apparently) seamlessly. I'm sure there were loads of hiccups behind the scenes, but I didn't see any and that made all the difference.

A big thanks to: Kaori (Miss Strawberry), Stanley, Mouleen, Son (Banana), Yulia, Christin, Indra, Alynn, Helmey, Ansley. Nur, Irene, Fitri, Icha & Sam (a good class - much better than the alternative!!!)... and everyone else whose face I remember but not their name :)

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Love Charlotte, Billy & family x

Room Tip: The noise can travel from the main bar which was only an issue for us on the night or two we stayed...