“An Experience of a Life Time”
Review of Club Med Bali

Club Med Bali
Ranked #12 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Dear Trip advisor,
We have recently stayed at Club Med Bali from 25 August 2013 until the 4th September; unfortunately we had to come home after our most fantastic holiday. All the Club Med resorts are great but this one was fantastic as I am about to explain.
Firstly the Restaurants, the experience was as smooth as silk from the smorgasbord buffet one arrived at a sumptuous array of tasty delicacies from Balinese cuisine to wonderful meat, fish, salads & even Italian & French delights. Desserts well described in few words” Out of this World”, go and see for yourself. Wine & Beer buffet style was plentiful with lunch and dinner, among other cold & hot beverages.
Executive Chef Ravin Balhoo & all the other Chefs and service staff were fantastic as is the waiting staff nothing was too much trouble for any of them. We would like to mention a waiter by the name of Alit who was always smiling cheerful and ever helpful & a wonderful asset to Club Med.
The Kintamani Bar was another fantastic experience slick service with a smile & a plentiful array of Cocktails, Beer, wine & spirits. The entertainment at the bar by Valentino & Sol was great while we soaked up the sounds sipped a delicious cocktail as the soothing warm breeze off the ocean relaxed us.
Most of our Club Med fitness was done in the well equipped Gym & adjacent Yoga & Fitness studio. The Club Med fitness & Yoga teacher Sagar was an inspiration to both of us & we look forward to his great instruction when we return to Club Med Bali in the near future.
Pool facilities’ with the towels , shaded cubicles & sun loungers each with its umbrella, where a real treat.
A thank you to the Chef de Village Jean Benoit thank you for a great Club Med Holiday, & Hats off to you & your wonderful Staff!
From Edward & Nola Haggar (room 2308)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Edward H

Reviewed September 11, 2013

jsut got back from my short holiday with my family in Bali.
we have been to Club Med bali more than 10 times and all of the time we really enjoyed.
we havent been back to the village since the renovation in 2008, so this year we went with a bit of excitment in our mind. 'new restaurant, new bar etc'.

i dont necessarily agree with all the money spent on refurb as i believe the old set up was way better especially the location of the bar. but hey, what's done is done and its a holiday you dont want to be picking on small things.

as mentioned previously, i have been to club med more than 10 times (majority being Club Med Bali) and what we come back for is yes, the relaxing weather, the fact that you DONT have to worry about any thing when you get there (everything you need is provided within the hotel) but i believe most importantly we come back for the great friendly service provided by each single people (GOs and the staff) that work there. I work in the hospitality industry in Sydney and am fully aware of how hard it is to do what they do. Hats off to all of those people who works there and make club med bali, THE club med Bali. The welcoming feeling when you step in, extremely friendly staff who is willing to go above and beyond for each single customers, make them feel special all the time, remembering regulars (some people remembered my family from 6+ years ago) and always thinking about 'what more can we do to make guests feel special'.

special thank you to Dogan (assist. rest Mgr) and Ravin (exec chef) for preparing an awesome dinner for my family and I at the Batur Restaurant, Adi (Bar) , Rosi (bar), Wanta (house keeping), PJ (Opps mgr), Japanese GOs (Kyoko Maya and Miho???), The head of kids club (I'm so sorry for forgetting his name! Allyn?) and Oka (land sports).

The only thing if i mention is that, the place could definately do with a better espresso coffee. But then again, i suppose when in rome, do what the romans do and stop complaining i suppose.

overall it was a great holiday fulfilled with care and love for the people.

Thank you to all those involved once again.

Well done to the chief of Village; JB for leading such an amazing team.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AAsano
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Well I wasn't going to go back to Club Med Bali for the third year but after an absolutely terrible 12 months knew exactly what to expect - and it was definitely what I needed. The one thing I did find hard to absorb was why did I have to pay 40% more for the same experience in 2013. But, with the way I was feeling - and what I had been through - knew it was the tonic I needed and once again - it didn't let me down. Firstly I did get a room that I requested - but it took a lot of worry and anxiety until I actually contacted Club Med Head Office direct and was well looked after. I saw a lot of the GOs I had met over the previous years and was treated like Royalty from a lot of them. The young guys - Agus, Tawan, Aang and Irawin were very attentive and really spoilt me - their Customer Service was fantastic. Actually - once again - I wasn't let down by the whole Club Med experience. From Power Walking at 8.30am until night clubbing until 3.00am - it was perfect. Meals great, activities great, GO's great, venue great and my whole 15 days - perfect. Ooops I found it rained more this trip that any other time I was there in May and also there were quite a few mossies.

Room Tip: Try and check which Block you are in - if possible - especially if you are on your own - as you coul...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank dancingqueen11
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Travelled here with my family for the second time and it became very clear that the standards have dropped significantly. I was looking forward to returning for the entertainment value and the same level of service. For example, during my initial trip, club med used to bring in professionals from around the world to show case their talents, whether it be singers, acrobatics, trapeze or dancers but this time it seems the GO's themselves tried their best to take on this challenge and whilst they tried their best, it seemed to me that club med where cost cutting. I also raised my thoughts with a number of GO's in regards to the level of service around the pool and nothing changed. For example, bins around the pool areas where not emptied all day, empty glasses, rubbish etc next to the day beds stayed there for hours. During my initial trip, wait staff used to take our orders every half hr, sometimes sooner and clear away side tables promptly, however this time was a different experience. I also found a good handful of GO's to be quite egotistical, and witnessed tension between the group themselves. Not once did they ask our group if we where enjoying ourselves. On the other hand, it's refreshing to hear the club is getting a revamp, it sure needs it. The rooms are dated and sun beds are falling apart and stained, communal toilets are pretty gross etc. I would suggest if you are considering staying here, wait till the renos are complete, prob 2 years and it may be a place worth visiting. As far as sickness, we came better prepared and drank cordial every morning and sprayed repellant every night, stayed away from the salad bar as raw foods are washed in their water and obviously only drank bottled water. Our whole group did the same this time and luckily not one of us got sick. In regards to considering club med Bali, i feel it suits families. If i didnt have children, i would not consider it unless you dont mind being surrounded by kids all day and night. They do have a quiet pool if you are happy to escape to this adult only zone. This place has a lot of potential but hopefully this review will assist club med in lifting its game and future guests have a clear view before making their holiday choice.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank DMacPerth
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This was our first stay at Club Med in Bali and we loved every minute of it. The energy of the GOs is amazing. Nothing was too much trouble to any of the staff. The trapeze was a highlight for me - thankyou so much to Ben Gi, Charles, Molly and Travis for your lessons! Especially loved the yoga sessions on the beach too.

Our 4 year old daughter didn't like the kids club, but that was more due to a clingy stage that she is going through as the kids of friends we were travelling with loved it and every time we saw the group all the kids looked to be having a great time.

Loved the atmosphere that is created around the resort - especially at night time. I am a terrible, terrible dancer, but even I felt comfortable getting up and having a dance.

Thankyou so much to all of the staff for making our stay so memorable and amazing. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RachelG83
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Just returned from 5 nights here. Had a fantastic time. The rooms are looking a little tired but we were realyy only in them to sleep and shower. Loads to do if you can get off the sun lounges. Great shows and the Sensation a la carte dinner was delicious..The staff are amazing - a special mention to Sam our gym instructor and Rosi our bar waitress and Gavin our bar tender. Would definately stay again. Thanks for a great holiday
Stacey QLD

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 5, 2013

my 14yo son and myself, thoroughly enjoyed our time in Bali..we did go armed with insect repellent as had heard from variety of friends re the Dengue risk etc.. were fastidious in its use and didn't succomb. the food was amazing, as were the activity choices. sadly we couldn't do a lot of things becuase were both injured when we got there but my son would probably rate it as one of his best holidays ever.
had hoped to be able to do standup paddleboarding while there which wasn't available but loved the daily yoga, walking , some jogging, hired bike etc.. loved the adult only pool for some quiet time and reading.. thanks forthe wonderfully friendly staff ..

Room Tip: try and get one facing the sun, ours was quite dark, and we had to ask for room service severla time...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family