“1st Club med experience”
Review of Club Med Bali

Club Med Bali
Ranked #9 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Myself and my Girlfriend went to Bali in mid december and stayed here for 5 nights. As soon as our bus arrived we were greeted by all availible staff which immediately started our holiday on a good note. The staff were absolutely exceptional especcially Nusreath, Chelsea and Mai they could not do enough for us and went out of their way to make sure we knew everything there was to know and enjoy (which was achieved). It seems overall all staff are very happy and very helpful run very well by the manager JB.

Our room was perfect size we had a ground floor terrace which had plently of space for bag plus shopping and all of my girlfriends accessories. the only thing negitive thing i could find for the whole resort is that the double beds are two single mattresses pushed together but as i said the only thing and its a small thing.

All activities are easy to do with notice boards also telling you what is happening each day throughout the resort. You can either play all sports for fun or enter tournaments which are also very lighthearted and enjoyable. The pool is very relaxing and even in mid december we always managed to find two sun lounges next to eachother.

All meals were amazing. the choice was unreal and if your hungry enough can go for seconds and thirds all included in the inital booking cost. After dinner there were always shows and performances followed by a great atmosphere at the bar.

All in all we absolutely loved Club med Bali and would recomend it to anyone looking for a great time very relaxing and its totally up to you how much you want to do. As i mentioned a very well done to JB and his staff especially nusreath, Chelsea and Mai.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michael_Wren
Write a ReviewReviews (4,359)

Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I and our three sons aged 13, 12 and 8 stayed in club med Bali on a 5D/4N package from Dec 18-22. This was our first trip to a club med resort. We were bowled over by the warm hospitality and the meticulous care lavished on the guests by JB and his team. My husband and I particularly enjoyed the tennis lessons by coach Komang who was very patient and encouraging considering that we have laid off playing tennis for a while. My sons were highly tickled by Anshley and Yulia who made the Archery lessons fun and interesting. The nightly performances were varied and we found ourselves dancing and singing along. A great stress reliever! The range of food choices at the Agung was amazing as was the cocktails and juices at the poolside bar. I would highly recommend the resort for families looking for a short getaway. The only drawback I felt was that the beds were too soft for comfort. Otherwise, Club Med Bali ticks all the right boxes for us. Thanks JB, Komang, Anshley, Yulia and all the other wonderful GOs for making our first trip to Bali a memorable one!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LHLSingapore
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I travelled to Bali for our annual holiday at the end of November 2012. It was our first trip to Bali and my second time at a Club Med resort. I went to the Club Med in Mauritius, Club Med La Pointe aux Canonniers in 2007. It was my boyfriend's first time at a Club Med resort and I have now convinced him that it is the best type of hotel to go to when on holiday. Generally we had an amazing stay at the resort and would certainly recommend it to those who enjoy the full service offered by Club Med resorts.

The staff, on average, were great as they were all helpful and friendly. A few of the receptionists struggled to understand English but on the whole the staff assistance was perfect. My boyfriend's luggage did not arrive at the airport straight away and the general manager at the resort offered complementary laundry services if he needed some clean clothes. Luckily his luggage arrived the same afternoon we arrived as another passenger on our flight took it by accident.

I will first dispose of the few negatives that we noted so that I can move on to the many positives. The standard room was nothing special as the bed was uncomfortable and the TV was very small, as was the bathroom. I realise that you can't expect much from a standard room, but compared to the standard room I stayed in at Club Med La Pointe aux Canonniers, this room was very disappointing. The swimming pool is lined with black tiles therefore the pool is very hot and not enjoyable at all. We swam in the sea instead. If you book services without the use of the resort, such as a tour guide or taxi, you have to meet the tour guide at a security point about 200 metres away from the resort reception. I do not understand the logic behind this (apparently none of the other hotels in Nusa Dua have this system) and it is most inconvenient as we missed our taxi to a harbour because our driver could not go beyond the security check point to inform us that he had arrived. We were running slightly late and then missed the taxi as the driver had to leave to pick-up other passengers. Finally, the wifi signal was only available at the reception and in the room and even this signal was not strong. The system kicked me out every 10 minutes (it kicked my boyfriend out every 20 minutes) which was very frustrating.

Now for the positives! The resort is lovely especially since it is on the beach. We enjoyed the beach and the sea. There is a small bay and you can actually swim instead of wade in shallow waters. The main bar area and beach bar were wonderful except the Balinese wine is very sweet and we were not prepared to pay ridiculous prices for French or Australian wine, especially since we have some of the best wine back home in South Africa. We stuck to cocktails and other drinks. Each day there would be a "cocktail of the day" which was a nice touch. On a few nights a local artist sang at the main bar which was very entertaining. We went to the club/disco on one evening, but it was very quiet so we left. When it is full I am sure the parties there would be great.

The food was absolutely delicious. There was a vast variety of foods including Japanese, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, French, English and American. The food was different each night and the quality was great. I particularly enjoyed the sashimi, French desserts, shrimp dumplings, croissants, prawn bisque, curries and stews. In addition, the snacks provided throughout the day ensured that we never went hungry. We went to the set menu dinner one evening, but I preferred the buffet dinner as the variety and quality was better. However, it is a quieter restaurant which everyone should experience for at least one meal. Just an idea for the resort is to prepare lunch on the lawn near the beach on one of the days, this was done at Club Med La Pointe aux Canonniers (a crayfish barbecue), as well as a beach party, and these events were extremely memorable.

The activities were varied as well, from traditional sports to the more adventurous types such as trapeze and archery plus water sports such as snorkeling, wind surfing and kayaking. The evening entertainment was not quite for us but for those who enjoy such things, I am sure that it is great.

Our friends joined us for the day at the resort and they thoroughly enjoyed their visit especially since it was only $60 (Australian dollars) which included all food, drinks and activities. We really enjoyed Bali and visited Kuta and took a day trip up the middle of the island which we really enjoyed and highly recommend. The location was perfect for us as it was 20 minutes from the airport and not too far from other areas (Kuta was also about 20 minutes away). Although, when you get used to relaxing at the resort without having to spend another cent, it is difficult to go out and pay for food and drinks. The all inclusive package which Club Med offers is extremely convenient, especially when your currency (the South African Rand) is not that strong.

As noted at the start, we had a wonderful time!

Room Tip: The standard room is very basic. The bed is not that comfortable and the TV is very small. If you ca...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Carlyn Brittany F
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Our first club med stay. We have 3 small ones. I would never stay here without kids because kids were everywhere. The staff is super and the beach is very nice. As former reviews state: beds uncomfortable, pool is too warm and the fitness center and rooms need updating. The food is very good and the activities.

• Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank Kimberly shea K
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Expensive, poor accommodation - supposed to be superior rooms, I've stayed in better hostels that I paid $20 for. Food appalling - lots of it, but no taste and composite meats that taste like spam. Kids club looks fine, but because our boys are 12 months apart and one is 3 1/2 and other 4 1/2 they won't let them in the same one so they won't go without each other. Very commercial and contrived - which if you're after a relaxing holiday you won't get here. So bad we're moving out 5 days early and about to have a discussion with management about some sort of refund.

Room Tip: Don't know ours is supposed to be superior, falling apart with mould in corners and paint pealin...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Amanda E
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Thanks to my company for organising this Bali trip. It is FREE and EASY. All well paid except for your sight-seeing trip where we organised ourselves.

The welcoming atmosphere at Club Med, Bali is really fantastic with a short briefing about club facilities. This is my comments about the club facilities:

1) Room
We stayed at deluxe room (single bed) at the far end wing near to tennis court and the Spa. The room size is standard and for me it is equivalent to the budget hotel in Kuala Lumpur. Even budget hotel in KL provides flatscreen LED/LCD TV. Surprisingly, the TV in our room is just 17 inch standard TV.

Our room is quite far from the restaurant and swimming pool.

2) Swimming Pool
It is safe for kids 4 years and above. But as usual please supervise your kids although there is a life guard there.

3) Beach
Very beautiful beach but I did not see anyone swimming during my stay there.

4) Water Sport Activities
Plenty of water sport activities e.g. jet ski, banana boat, scuba diving and sailing boat. But as usual, you have to make an early booking to avoid any disappointment.

5) Other Facilities
For golf lover, the course is good and challenging. Tempalin (circus acrobatic) is fantastic for teenagers/adults.

6) Food & Beverages

The food is average for Muslim like me as not much varieties available for us. But for non-Muslim, there is plenty of food available.

We have to go out to Kuta for halal food as not much choice

7) Sight-seeing arrangement
Better arrange earlier as a lot of attraction need to be discovered at Bali. Advisable hire a Toyota Avanza (for 6 people) or Toyota Hiace/Commuter (for 10 people). If book through the hotel, it might be expensive. Better get outside or plenty of ground arrangement available at the airport.

8) Spa
Woman like to go to spa. From my friend's experience, better go to outside SPA in Kuta or Nusa Dua.

Overall, it is good experience and Balinese is a nice people.

Room Tip: Sea view is the best as the the scenic blue water may give you
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My wife found out that club med offer day pass for those who want to try their facilities but not staying in their hotel .
We found it great value . It include lunch and snacks ,afternoon tea and all activities .

After get away with the horror treatment from Mulia , club med was a welcome change.

When we arrived we could not sign up for windsurfing as it was full but there another session in afternoon by only land training as it was very low tide. So we did kyaking and then lunch followed by snokrelling . Considering most tour activities is expensive such activities offered by club med was great value . In afternoon when my both kids went to play soccer with kids from other part of the world we went chilling out in their bar ... With unlimited alcoholic drinks till 6pm... Then we left for our hotel... It was a great way to chill out.. The food was great value.. Tuna steaks beef steaks etc.. Ice cream ... Etcccc

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family