Club Med Bali
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
4,463 results
All reviewszen poolcircus teamdeck restaurantchef de villagemain barflying trapezeevening showscrazy signsspecial thanksa la carte restaurantwater sportsfamily holidaymeal timesgreat holidaysports activitiespool gamesinterconnecting rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was in Club Mad in Bali from Nov to Nov 4. It is a great place to take a sweat rest at quit pool and enjoy sports, especially I love playing soccer and golf. It was fun to have three energetic nights with GO (Gentle Organizer). Especially I remember Victor Kim, one of GO, even now.
Victor is very kind and energetic. I admired him for his efforts and powerful energy.
It s great for people who are tired by work every day and want to have peaceful time with family safely.
Jay Moon

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I recently stayed at Clubmed from late Oct to ealry Nov with my 2 children, another family of 6 and there mum. We arrived at Club Med to be greeted warmly by the GO's who gave us an introduction on the resort and a lovely cold drink (the weather was very hot and humid, so this was very much apreciated). We were then taken to our room (we had an adjoining room to share with another member of our group) and as soon as I entered the room there was an over powering smell of dampness/mildew in one of the rooms only, the other room was ok. I mentioned this to the staff member and he said it may have been because the room hadnt been used for a couple of days and to just let the room air a bit. We did, but the whole stay it stayed that way. Our rooms were average, had all the essentials and were cleaned everyday with fresh water bottles left behind. The mattress I slept on was not the greatest I have to say, after 10days my lower back was stiff and sore and I can only ut it down to the uncomfortable bed. I didnt expect the rooms to be flash as who wants to stay in their room all day when there is so much to do outside! Maybe its a ploy to get people doing the activities ;) In any case it didn't bother us. Our rooms were in the first block so it was close to the reception, the gym, pool, restaurant and other facilities which was great as hoiday was booked in April with the 50% off deal. The aircon in the rooms were great too and had no problems at all with the temperature. The temperature that did bother me was that of the main pool. OMG, by the afternoon it was like swimming in a hot bath!! The mornings were good and the water was comfortable to swim in, but geeeezz, the afternoon... I stayed clear of it unless I was all hot amd sticky, i would quickly jump in and then out again. There were plenty of sunbaking lounges and gazebo type huts to lye around in and all had an umberrella for shade too. There were plenty and i mean plenty of things to do at Club Med. My 2 children spent alot of time at mini club med and they absolutely LOVED IT!! They were kept entertained all day with a varity of activities including, archery, trapeze (a favourite for them), kayaking, swimming, treasure hunts, soccer, sand castle building, art and craft, volleyball and many more... This was great as i didn't have to worry about having to entertain them myself, i just lazed by the pool or beach and soaked up the rays and drank plenty of yummy cocktails :) In the evening they had mini kids club entertainment at 8.15 to 9pm when there was then other entertainment/shows put on for the adults too. Entertainment inluded the Michael jackson show, circus show and Neverland show which was put on by all the kids of club med, absolutely amazing! Club Med has turned my kids into right little entertainers, they can away with such confidence in getting up on stage and acting and dancing. They really came out of there shell and love it so much and i was so proud to see them get up on stage and have so much fun too! Well done to all the GO's for all their efforts with the kids, they truely are wonderful people. i few i would like to thank personally would be my daughters favourite, Melissa (an Aussie) who was just beautiful and had such a great way with the kids and to my sons favourites, Gede, Feri, Adi who really are incredible men with such bubbly personalities. All of the GO's are encouraging and fun with the kids! We spent halloween there and it was THE BEST! The team put on a big show and we partied with the kids well after there bedtime, 11.30pm! I really can't say enough about the GO's, so friendly, helpful and fun! I high recommend Club Med Bali to any family :) The was great, although there could be some improvements. They had a varity of international foods, but i would like to have seen a more vegetable dishes and more flavour to some of the most basic of dishes. In saying that the dessert buffet was amazing and yes I had seconds, lol... It would have been great to have a poolside menu as in the afternoons when you've had a few drinks, a snack would have gone down well. Overall, my Club med experience was GREAT and I would do it again. Thanks to the great team of GO's :))

Room Tip: Book a room close to the facilities if you are a family, no long walks.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JayandMaddie
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My 20th Club Med trip, and first here. The property was excellent with well maintained grounds, prompt housekeeping/maintenance response, and as always, friendly GO's. Although we were the only Americans there, the great pleasure of Club Med is meeting people from all over the world. To our great surprise we ran into a lady from France we met last year at the Martinique club!
I have to say that this club had more kids at it than any other one we've been to, during our late October stay. So pretty hectic around the pool and dining room for couples.
If you are looking to be pampered and spend time in your room, that's not what Club Med is all about. We would stay here again.
Gary in USA

Room Tip: Stay in a ground floor deluxe room with terrace if you can. Has front and back doors.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We arrived in Club Med Bali in August and received a warm welcome from all. The room was big enough although it could have had more coat hangers for clothes. There was a fridge as well so make sure that you buy a bottle of bubbly from Duty Free beforehand.
The private beach area was relatively quiet whereas the swimming pool area is crowded with families and children. The spaceship type bar is amazing and offers everything from espressos through to cocktails at sunset. The food choices were tremendous and the quality of food was great on the whole.
I recommend flying out a couple of days early, staying near the Monkey Forest in Ubud, going to see some Balinese dancing and the famous market before booking a taxi and staying at Club Med for a week. This way, you get to have a relaxing holiday but also see authentic Bali.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelBerto
ClubMedUK_official, Manager at Club Med Bali, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Great Member,

We would like to thank you warmly for taking the time to write this nice review after your holiday at our Bali Club Med Resort. We are happy to see you had a relaxing time and that you enjoyed the private beach, the bar and the quality of the food.
We hope to see you soon in one of our Resorts.
Kind Regards,

Your Club Med UK Team.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

In hindsight the photos should give some clues. Whilst the resort grounds were beautiful, the main swimming pool is the old style rectangular pool with no shade over it. In itself not a problem except that with the stone lining, the pool was more like a warm bath than a refreshing escape from the hot weather. We attribute this to the nasty stomach bug that hubby (unconfirmed).
Main buffet dinner was very good but with 7nights a bit of variety in setting was of interest. We tried the alternate restaurant but air conditioning was not very effective and the kids struggled to eat under the humid conditions. Dinner service starts from 7 so if you're like us and the kids eat before 6, stretching them out to 7pm required a bit of planning. It would great if they offered an earlier kids sitting.
For a family of four having the space of a double family room was great and the furniture was simple and comfortable. The room showed some signs of age and given the hot humid conditions, not surprising to see a little mould. But in all accommodation was fine.
Beach was scattered with broken coral which provided much excitement for our 3 year old as we we able to "pretend" we had found fossils and were able to reconstruct a "baby t-Rex".
Staff were excellent, very friendly and enthusiastic towards the kids.
The large pondin the middle of the resort provided much entertainment as we watched the carp and some large water monitors swim around.

Room Tip: Make sure you set up an account at reception if you intend to partake in any of the non inclusive activities or are partial to a good tipple. We were not given this information at the start odour holiday.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family