Club Med Bali
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
4,463 results
All reviewszen poolcircus teamdeck restaurantchef de villagemain barflying trapezeevening showscrazy signsspecial thanksa la carte restaurantwater sportsfamily holidaymeal timesgreat holidaysports activitiespool gamesinterconnecting rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our experience at Club Med Nusa Dua started off pretty poorly. We were in Bali from the end of October to the start of November 2012 and apparently we caught the hottest few days in the last six months.

When we first arrived at Club Med and were told we had to get out of the car at the security gate because there was only one security guard at the time. We then had to walk to the lobby from the security gate with our bags. I know this sounds a bit petty but it was just a bad way to be welcomed (or not welcomed) into the resort.

We were then checked into our room which was in the 4000 block. This meant having to walk up two sets of stairs, with a pram as we took our 4 month old baby. This didn't actually phase me as we knew our rooms were not going to be the best as we got them on a 50% off deal. What i was disappointed in was the fact that our aircon was CRAP! We rang up 3 times on the first day to get it fixed, got through the first night with very little sleep and a very grumpy baby because none of us could cool down. The next day my fiance went down to reception and asked them to fix our aircon again. The maintance guy came up to our room and said there was little more he could do so we went down to reception again and asked to change rooms. The maintence manager then went up to our room and checked the temperature of our aircon himself as he explained all the rooms run off a central aircon unit and all the rooms should be the same. He then came to tell us our aircon was slightly hot and they could offer us a room in the 5000 block, which meant we had to go up another 2 flights of stairs and was even further away from the main pool/bar/resturant. We went up to the room and the aircon wasn't any different. At this point we asked for a refund as there was no way we were going to spend the last week of our holiday in what felt like 30 degree rooms. The reception manager then explained they could not issue a refund as the payment wasn't made through them but they could organise it with our travel agent. After spending the better part of our day down at the lobby trying to sort it out, our travel agent fitted the bill to put us in a better room on the ground floor, with aircon that worked ALOT better! We however still requested a fan as the aircon wasn't as good as every other resort we've stayed at in bali.
So if you do decide to stay here, make sure you get a bottom floor room. The quality of the room is also alot better too.

Ok rooms aside, the resort was amazing! We did snokelling, windsurfing lessons, archery and golf. Big shout out to Made for giving us golf lessons! There are also set times for things like archery depending on your age group as we turned up twice to have a go but got turned away even though on one occasion there was only a couple and their kid there.

My only other problem was the main pool was like having a hot bath! We just found it very hard to cool down at this resort. There was very little shade around the main pool and little to no breeze coming off the beach.

Food was only available in the restuarants with main meals being served at specific times and included a huge array of different foods, and snacks available in the alternative resturant. Snacks were also brought out around the main pool area at certain times of the day. No food or drinks are available in your room and you can't get room service, so be prepared with your own snacks and drinks etc if you were wanting to just relax around your room. I would also advice to get into the restuarant well before it closes as they do turn the aircon off after closing time even if your still eating.

Drinks were available from about 930am till midnight at the main bar and included cocktails, bali hai, some spirits, tea, coffee, soft drinks, milkshakes, juices and bali wine by the glass. A big shout out to Angie for making us awesome cocktails! The nightclub also opens at 11pm and closes at 2 or 3am where you can also get the included drinks.

Everyone that worked at the resort was very friendly. Most of the GO's join guests for meals and make an effot to have a chat with you.

The resort if very kid friendly. The kids club entertains the kids from early morning to late at night, and the parents that we chatted to said their kids were loving it and they were too as they hardly saw them lol

In conclusion, the resort is great if you are quite happy to stay in the resort all day every day and take advantage of the activites/food/drink. It is targeted at families but if you went with a group of friends you'd still have a good time. It was different for us to stay in Bali and not be able to have a chat with the other guests as most of the guests were either french or korean. We actually got excited when we came across other australians.

I can't say whether or not I would stay here again. If the price was right then probably but i'd much prefer to stay somewhere with better aircon, a cold pool and be alot more comfortable on my holiday.

3  Thank Charlee C
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This was my first Club Med holiday and I'm now a convert! I don't have kids but there was lots to do for singles of all ages. There is a heavenly quiet pool for adults only and a similar dining room in the buffet restaurant. Our room was in the 4000s, far away from any noise. The resort is so large with lovely grounds leading down to the beach. There is so much going on but you can also choose to chill out with a yummy cocktail on a couch or day bed.

I loved the food, tried both restaurants. The entertainment after dinner is great. I loved the multicultural evening. And the crazy signs dancing. Thanks to Korean GOs Scott and others learnt Gangnam style!

I really got to thank GO Nadja - she went out of her way for us. So many other GOs were helpeul and friendly too - Zaidul, Mahen, Wina, Sri, Agung, Anita, Philippe...the GOs are what made Club Med a special holiday.

I recommend the Bali Hai Nusa Lembongan Beach Club Cruise which is offered at the Discovery Centre. We also went to ubud and surrounds with car and driver - wonderful.It was always nice after our trips out to come back to the haven of Nusa Dua.

We had the basic superior room think three stars. But we we only there to shower, change and sleep and I found it cool, clean and cmfortable.

I recommend doing the orientation tour which takes place at 10 am and 5 pm daily. Programmes for the day are on tv and posted on boards past the foyer.

It was so great meeting people from all around the world and I hope I get to return!

Anjali Mukherjee, Newcastle, Australia

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank ilajna
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I am surprised to read all the glowing reviews of Club Med, Bali. For the thousands of dollars we spent for a 3-day weekend, my husband and I were somewhat disappointed by the resort --which to us seemed old and worn. Our standard, garden view room with a balcony- room was furnished with just the bare necessities and absolutely no frills. The bed was lumpy and uncomfortable.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad place, just not what I consider a good value for the money. People we know who often travel to Bali were shocked at what we were paying (which was supposedly 50 percent off normal prices) and told us there are actually nicer, less expensive resorts on the island.

I had never stayed with Club Med before, but I will say the staff was incredibly friendly. The all-inclusive meals was good quality for buffet-style dining and offered Japanese, Korean, Indonesian stations, as well as a salad bar, pizza pasta bar, and dessert table.

Club Med is certainly family friendly, but if you are looking for a quiet, romantic weekend I would recommend staying somewhere else.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Amazing... Beautiful.... Superb....I had been there for my 50th birthday along with my hubby...excellent surroundings wonderful food spread.... Entertaining activities you name it they have it..Great drinks both coctails and mocktails they make u feel great.Only for indians who go there i think they should have some dishes suitable for our taste....as all the dishes were japanese chinese continental etc.They should do up the rooms a bit as they r clean and comfortable but not really upto the star quality. Will surely want to visit their other club med resorts. A thumbs up sign to all the G.O.

Room Tip: Choose a room close by to the main area as this place is very spaced out...especially for older people.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The staff at the petit and kids club , Club Med Nusa Dua are excellent. Our 3 yr old loved the day time activities, but his favourite were the nightly shows that they got the petit club and kids club involved in. It was the highlight of the trip for him. I would highly reccommend the petit club to other parents - our son loved it! Also the babysitters that came in to Club Med were excellent - very experienced and professional.

The resort itself was excellent too - great food , great staff and great activities - in 10 days we didn't get time to do everything. All the staff were excellent with children - so now our kids expect everyone to walk past and smile and talk to them!

Overall great holiday with a family - I would highly reccommend it to all families.

Room Tip: We had two rooms joined , one for the kids and one for us - worked very well.
2  Thank Kristin S