“fantastic stay”
Review of Club Med Bali

Club Med Bali
Ranked #9 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 6 days and we loved every minute every minute of our stay. The GO's were very friendly and made us feel very welcome from the time we got there until the time we left. Buffet meals were amazing with a fantastic selection of international foods.If you want something a bit quieter go to the A La Carte restaurant where you get full waiter service and an excellent food selection.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,363)

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I can not thank Alvin enough for getting us a room after the horrible mistake my husband made by placing the incorrect dates on our booking.
Allyn from California was a pleasure meeting with you in the evening for a chat.
There is so many amazing staff at Club Med Bali, too many to mention.
The security makes you feel so safe.
The beach is clean and quiet, I can not remember the last time I feel asleep on the beach.
I played my first game of gold it was a really fun 6 hole course, steam rooms, adult pool and so so much more.
The food is unforgetable, biggest range and lovely seafood.
Evening entertainment every evening and all staff make you all feel very included and special.
I will be coming back to Club Med and bring the kids also.
Thank you Club Med for a great Get away
Chrystalle Whitehurst

Room Tip: I would ask for extra layers on bed, bed was a bit too hard.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

As a first time solo traveler I had no idea what to expect from both Club Med and Bali. I arrived in the afternoon and was a bit hesitant on my first night to join in with the fun and games after a travelling and trying to find my feet.

The resort it self is beautiful, clean and the weather was perfect. Walking around Club Med, there is always something going on (Archery, Beach Volleyball, Soccer, pool games etc.) that you can join in with the other guests, all ran by GO's.

All of the above is important but what really made my trip so special were the GO's. They all go above and beyond to make everyone in the resort feel welcome and always interact with a contagious energy. Every single one of them impacted my stay in a positive light but I think 5 specific people deserve a mention.

GO Hue - I was having lunch in the restaurant for the first time and as he knew I was by myself he sat and joined me. We talked for half an hour and after introduced me to one of his friends (another GO). This had a snowball effect and by the end of the night I had many GO's come and talk to me and it was really fun learning about all of these new people and their experiences.

GO Vitta - Vitta was a very warm person and every day would make sure I had someone to sit with and eat if she wasn't able to and suggested things that I should try around Bali. Vitta was also very nice and introduced me to other GO along with Hue and also pushed me to try new things around Club Med.

GO Jemmi and Zaidul - Jemmi and Zaidul are two of the most genuine people I have ever met. Every time I saw them I was greeted with a big smile and were both people I always felt comfortable joking around with. I also enjoyed talking to them each day and learning about their culture and families and seeing how different life is outside of Australia. Both hung out with me after hours by inviting me out to a club in Kuta with some other GO's and Zaidul even spent his day off showing me around Kuta and the markets. I don't think you would find many people who would be willing to do that for their guests, they even made sure to see me off when I left along with Vitta.

GO Melis - I met Melis half way through the week and it was really good to get some perspective from another Australian. Melis was also someone who came out with us as a group even though she had work early the next morning. It was extremely obvious to me that Melis was passionate and loved her job, constantly interacting with other families and organizing competitions for everyone to play in. It was also clear that she was a kids favorite as they were drawn to her enthusiasm and the energy she presented her self with. It was awesome seeing a fellow Australian communicate so well with people from all over the world and was actually quite inspiring.

These 5 people are 100% the reason I will return to Club Med and give recommendations to my friends and family. The fact that they were able to do so much for me (which they didn't have to do) and were still able to do their jobs and connect with other guests is a true testament to Hue, Vitta, Jimme, Zaidul and Melis as people and this is an experience I will never forget. They are people I will be sure to keep in contact with.

Thank you for an unforgettable week GO's!

Room Tip: I was in the 200 block and it was central to everything which was handy. It also has a fantastic vie...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Blake S
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Well.. To start I arrived there and was blown away by the atmosphere of the dancing, music and fun all the kids were having, I just wanted join in straight away but was way to tiered :(. The next morning we went to breakfast and we wandered past the kids club and they were just having a good old time, I would of joined straight away but I was a bit nervous, so of course the next day mum forced to go and I'll tell you it was the best thing I did all holiday. The leader Melissa was great she really involved everyone and made it feel just like a family. We were all so close and told each other everything it was Awsome.
The best part about club med was Melis she just made it totally "tropical" for us!!!

Thanks Melissa,! <3<3<3

1  Thank Jack Z
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Just back from a week at our first club med - Bali. Had a wonderful time. Our group's 6 teenagers love the GO's - particularly Manu at the bar with his magic tricks, JP with his quiet, fun style at the sports and Sheba and her power walk for the Mums and Dads. Thanks also to Homan and other restaurant managers who took time at each meal to point out the gluten free food and made some great GF muffins and pasta for my daughter. Keen for another club med visit in the future! :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Roslyn H
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We just came back from a 7 day holiday at Club Med Bali - and it was fantastic. The service was excellent and the resort was very relaxed and beautiful. Our children aged 11 and 7 had so much fun - especially my eldest daughter Michelle (Melissa - she enjoyed every moment being part of your teens club). I would definetly recommend any person to book their next holiday with Club Med Bali.

We just arrived back from Club Med Bali..in summary:

GO'S - Excellent, really look after the kids well. Enthusiastic from morning until night, I was really impressed with how hard these guys work..and always with a smile.

Facilities - Good well maintained facilities, well kept grounds.
big pool was too shallow and hot. Lovely quiet pool for adults to escape though
Lots to do for kids and adults all day.

Buffet -Excellent. Food was really of high quality, the French cheeses were like being in France! Same for the lovely baguettes and pastries..the head chef must be French!
At first, we were concerned about eating a buffet for breakfast lunch and dinner..but the variety and quality was so good it didn't matter
Only comment - I missed a more full-some omelette corner.

Bedrooms - Sadly these really let the hotel down, tired, and in much need of renovation. Of course you don't spend much time in your room BUT upon arrival the rooms give you a bad overall impression which is a shame.

Overall, my impression was Club Med is a good 3-4 star family hotel.. Because of the great staff and food one is left with an overall good feeling..If you are looking for high end - this is not it however.

Thanks to all the GOs and helpful staff!

Room Tip: Don't have high expectations of the rooms
4  Thank nat f