“Awaresome stay”

Ranked #13 of 53 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Awaresome stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Club Med Bali - Wonderful place to relax and unwind. Lots of fun filled things to keep you occupied . The GOs are fantastically professional in doing their job. Went there alone but was never alone. Time flies and I have to bid adious to all the lovely GOs. Keep up the good work

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank 1Bali

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

A high quality resort with a passionate team who really seemed to want to make everyone's stay as enjoyable as possible, We went with certain expectations from the kids club which were exceeded our 12 year old son was so well looked after by Melisa and our 9 year old daughter was extremely well entertained by Dada, Adi & Yulia and the team. Whilst the evenings entertainment was a bit cheesy we were very impressed by the way Allyn and the team transformed 100 kids into a show with about 2 hours rehearsal time ! The rooms were comfortable and kept very clean although a bit old. The sport facilitates were comprehensive and the staff were very helpful. The highlight for us though was the quality of the food and drink, the French influence was quite strong (which we enjoyed) and the range of Korean, Indonesian and Japanese food made for a really good mix. Overall we had a great holiday , we will go again. We struggle to think of any down points perhaps the lack of wine but Bali is famous for poor quality expensive wine so we made up for it with beer and cocktails!

Room Tip: Ground floor ones seemed better and we didn't have connecting rooms seems you need to ask for th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Stephen M
Shanghai
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was our first experience with Club Med and most likely our last.
All the hype about everything drove us here, but it was nothing close to paradise.
It had rained hard for a couple of days as well. They market their stuff a lot.
Our room had ANTS and ANTS and more ANTS! If you even left an opened orange - it was covered with ants all over your desk when you returned after only an hour! We explained this was unacceptable and someone came to clean our room and that was it. It happened again - MORE ANTS - but they just come and sweep the floors and wipe things down a bit and then MORE ANTS! (even without food left out). Their tours are SOOOO EXPENSIVE and they jack up the price double or triple the cost $$$$ of what you can get around town.
I wanted to move rooms - nothing available. What then? Nothing - no word from the manager even though I had asked to speak to them. YES, WATCH YOUR BILL VERY CAREFULLY FOLKS! They mischarge all the time - even at the store! :-( I even wrote comments after our leave and we HEARD NOTHING from manager or Club Med about our issues. The last day - they sent us off and said goodbye. That was it!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Expat_Law
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I wish to add my views as to what ought be a chorus of enchantment with the seamless holiday experience offered by the members of Club Med Bali. It is not often, sadly, that I experience professionalism in all aspects of service. Club Med Bali was an astonishing exception. I ought categorise my praise by reference to (a) the standard of accommodation (b) the staff (c) the food and (d) the facilities.

Standard of Accommodation

My family (my partner and two children aged 11 and 6) stayed in a deluxe suite with balconies. The children had their own room with bathroom. There was a common living room (interconnected with the children's room) and a master bedroom with beautiful ensuite replete with the largest bath I have ever seen in a hotel room (short of a spa). The room is one of the recently renovated rooms (I believe) and it was five star. Moreover, despite having a room above and below there was only the calming noise of the well-needed air conditioning system. The selection of television stations was more than adequate (to the extent that there was time to watch it) and the mini-bar is re-stocked daily (and is part of the cost already paid). I was delighted with the room facilities.

The Staff

Phillipe is the Chef de Village. He was able to greet us at our arrival and also at our departure. He can be seen running around the village ensuring that everything is in order. He must be congratulated on his governance of this establishment. It runs like clockwork. Of course, the GO's, particularly those taking care of the children in the Mini-Club and the Teen Club, deserve equal thanks for the amazing work they do in entertaining and safeguarding our most precious children. My daughter was in the group called "Scroopies" (ages 6-7) and I wish to thank all the wonderful staff from the two heads Allyn and his 2-i-c Dada, as well as Icha, Yula, David, Aang, Gede, Janu, Fery, Adi, Mai, Christine, Karina, Barbara, Pristy, Sylvia and Dian.

I wish to also thank Melissa in the Teen Club whose persistence and beguiling charm (with my sometimes shy son) won him over. He spent much more time than I thought spending time with Melissa's group and enjoyed it thoroughly.

I would also like to make special mention of Zaidul who is at reception. This exceptionally knowledgeable and kind hearted man was a font of help. Nothing was too much trouble.

The shows put on nightly by the GO's were impressive and enjoyable. They do not pretend to be Broadway standard and they are not. But they showcase the broad array of talents by the hard-working GO's and offer a fun and relaxing epilogue to the day's activities.

The Food

I have seen some negative remarks from other reviewers about the food - not many I ought note - but nevertheless confounding. The calibre and quality of the food is confronting. Club Med caters for all tastes and cannot be faulted in the hours that food is made available - from 7.00am until 11.45pm. The main pool bar offers a broad selection of drinks especially for non-drinkers and children. I was extremely impressed by the high quality of the meals as were the rest of my family.

The Facilities

The facilities are extensive: a gold course, tennis, a spa, kayaking, archery, swimming, a night club, gym classes, yoga, power walking, trapeze. There is enough to fill one's day flitting from one activity to another. The facilities are well maintained and well-tutored by the GO team.

All in all, this was a faultless experience. The kids were delighted and any parent knows that happy kids means a happy holiday. I could not be more complimentary about my experience at Club Med Bali.

G from Sydney.

Room Tip: Rooms in the middle of the resort are close to everything but far enough away from the nightly festi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GSAUS
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

hey i just got back from a bali holiday and it was so awesome and tropical #YOLO!!! Melis my junior club leader made my holiday that much better and i would come back anytime. my flavourite things to do were playing basketball, flying trapeze with tiki and mostly chillin with melis and the teens club =) thanks to all the g.o's =)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Chase B
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

What a truly excellent holiday!We have never stayed at a Club Med before and initially while a bit intimidating, we quickly adapted to the resort. Our kids 9 and 7 were constantly entertained and very well looked after. A special mention to Dada, Allyn, Aang, Sylvia and JP for your exceptional service and care of our children. Thankyou so much. It is disappointing to read others criticism of any aspects of this resort, I could honestly not fault it all, from the food, entertainment, accommodation and hospitality, truly excellent. Will rebook for next year. Thanks to all the staff.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Hotmummah
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Had to pinch myself ! From the moment we arrived I was In heaven. The way we were greeted with the Club Med hospitality the ambiance, fresh towel and tea and an amazing warm welcome I thought it doesn't get better than this well I was wrong every moment of every day got better and better, wow ! The rooms the food the shows the club bars the staff and the property was one of the best if not the best holiday my wife and I have ever had. A credit to all for making our stay Amazing ! This is why my sister in law has been 6 times and we are about to take our 2nd holiday in Club Med Nusa Dua.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Mirage Resort
Grand Mirage Resort
#9 of 30 in Tanjung Benoa
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,766 reviews

Been to Club Med Bali? Share your experiences!