“Check your bank statements”
Review of Club Med Bali

Club Med Bali
Ranked #12 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We have just returned from a lovely holiday at Club Med in Bali. On departure my husband and I split our resort expenses, and settled the account separately using our individual credit cards. Once home my husband checked his statement and noticed that the resort had debited his account twice, he cautioned me to check my statement which I did only to find that I had also been debited twice. This is most disconcerting and I caution all other visitors to this resort to double check your statements carefully.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Angela M

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was our second trip to club med and this time we took friends and family along to enjoy this amazing place. The food was wonderful, so fresh, tasty and a huge variety on offer. Arvo drinks by the beach bar was truely lovely. The kids enjoyed kids club and the activities on offer. The rooms really need updating and one of the rooms had mould growing on the wall. Maintenance were notified but nothing done. The kids pool seemed to be cooler than the main pool. Both weren't refreshing at all.Then on our second to last day at 3pm, code brown happened, my friend saw a poo floating in the main pool near the bar end. The life guard was notified who confirmed it was indeed a poo, and my friend told the people in the vicinity of the pool about said poo....and that was it. Upon enquiring with reception their policy is to close the pool and filter the water....but none of this was done. We put down to some of the groups upset tummies to excess of alcohol and food, but as some of the children also complained of sore tummies, you have to wonder about the cleanliness of the pool. I doubt we will be back again, which is very unfortunate.

1  Thank Maurs_hunny
Reviewed September 27, 2012

initially I was overwhelmed at the size of the place and the many Sporting activities and arenas to occupy oneself. We had only ever stayed at smaller reorts on outer islands of Fiji. We found Club Med much friendlier and more obliging than staff at Fiji resorts.
There is plenty for all age children to do with the different aged day clubs to attend.It was a very happy and friendly place.Seeing the older children give a display in the high wire was amazing. the culture of nusa Dua Club Med was all absorbing/imbibing - with 400 staff on board, it was only let down for us, by one G.O. at the main bar, who wasn't attentive or friendly towards us. Mostly they are very accommodating and very much adopt the attitude that nothing is too much or impossible to do for the G.M's (thats what they call us, the holidayers).
When I had a bad belly on the last day we were there (from eating too much indigenous fruit), I did not have to ask the cleaner for more water, she offered extra bottles of water.
We enjoyed a massage at the Spa and I also had a facial with mine. Athough the facial felt nice at the time there was nothing impressive about the massage and is very much the same, and same price (maybe a little more expensive) as you get at home in NZ.In fact, I'm sure I give a better massage. Many people walked out along the beach to a spa for massages, at one tenth the cost of Club Med's.
Adult only areas (Whisper Zones) were great. Quiet adult only pool and adult only eating areas in the restaurant. The food was amazing and catered for all asian groups, Japanese, Chinese, the French, Australians and new Zealander. The Indonesian cooking lesson was very interesting. The bar serves very syrupy coctails and you really need to tell them what and how you like your drinks - and that isn't a problem with them - nothing is.
Would I go again? Most definitely but I wouldn't use the Spa again. My adult daughter had a ball with the G.Os as they are mostly all youngish too. She spent a few nights in the nightclub.They exchanged facebook addresses.
Also, Club Med felt very very SAFE.

Room Tip: We were right down the very end in the 5,000's. This was well away from noisy pools, restaurants...
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've never taken the time to write a review before, but seriously this place is heaven and deserves another good review!! I just couldn't fault anything on our holiday!!

We have 3 children (8 years, 3 years & 9 months) - very diverse ages with different needs. Our 8 year old loved the kids club, our 3 year old bounced between babysitters, kids clubs and hanging out with us. And our 9 month old had a babysitter everyday. Her name was Sweetie, and she was exactly that!! He utterly adored her and was given so much more attention than I would've given him. She'd arrive at 10am in the morning and we'd say goodnight to her at midnight when the bar closed. I just don't know how we're going to cope without her now that we're back home! Even my 3 year old said she misses Sweetie already!

We loved all the food... there was so much of it!!! And the cocktails and drinks were brilliant!! The entertainment and energy of the place was contagious and now none of us can picture another holiday in Bali if its not at Club Med.

Thank you for a wonderful experience... I simply can't wait for our next holiday with you!

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms are better if you have a pram. Blocks 4,000 & 5,000 are further away from the...
5  Thank faulknerperth
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I had never been to a club med before but had been told great things about it so this inspired us to book club med Bali. From the first minute we got out of the taxi we felt so welcome and that continued through to our very last minute at club med. our kids made amazing friends and so did we, including the GO's Melissa and Victor who where nothing short of fabulous. I understand that it's their jobs but you can't fake that sort of enthusiasm those 2 are a true credit to club med. the food was amazing and the choice was incredible at all 3 meals. My only criticism would b the rooms are a little tired and also as coffee lovers the cappuccino fell way short, but that's being very picky about a truly wonderful holiday. We r now planning another club med trip next year the hardest choice will b which one!!! Well done club med Bali, thanks for a memorable holiday

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We are a family of four. Two adults and two girls aged 10 and 12. We spent the first 5 nights staying in a villa in Seminyak then followed it up with 5 nights at Club Med. Overall a good combo but another couple of nights at Club Med would have been great. Last night my daughters performed in the kids club Peter Pan production and for something that was put together in two days... it was amazing! Melissa and Allyn... love your energy! Today is our second last day. So far I've played tennis, golf, kayaking, archery and water aerobics. Looking forward to trying wind surfing and trapeze today. Apart from the endless activities and amazing food, we've also made some lovely holiday friends. The atmosphere here makes it easy. I'm sure my kids will be very sad to leave tomorrow.

Room Tip: We were in the 5000 wing which was the furthest away from pool and restaurants. 1000 is the closest.
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is our 2nd time at clubmed Bali. The facilities and activities make this holiday worthwhile. We spent 8 nights there with our 12 year old son & 7 year old daughter - both enjoyed themselves thouroughly - my 12 year old spent alot of time with the young hip clubmed GOs who made him feel involved all the time so a huge thanks to JP, Victor, and Olan from my son James. My very timid 7 year old was made to feel very special by the lovely Melissa, a vivacious, outgoing, caring girl. Some of the GOs are not so kid friendly and should maybe consider other jobs as this is primarily a family holiday destination. The staff in the dining room are super efficient and should be mentioned. ACCOMMODATION is really not up to standard and needs to be updated and the level of cleanliness was very poor in rooms. Yes, I would go back as a family but only for the activities, beautiful grounds, laid back atmosphere and good buffet food. My kids, on the other hand would go back tomorrow.

2  Thank Mrsjagray