“Not returning...find better places for less”
Review of Club Med Bali

Club Med Bali
Ranked #12 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed December 31, 2011

My partner and I stayed in Club Med Nusa Dua for 7 nights in total. The resort is massive and has a range of activities however it lacks any personal touches and if you want a holiday catering for couples than this is not the place to go. We stayed in the Suite accommodation which is very beautiful. However one of "advantages" of staying in the suite is getting breakfast via room service: this we attempted on several occasions however repeatedly arrived late (after a call to reception) and was cold and missing things which we ordered. Very disappointing. When we made our complaint it was completely passed off to a piece of paper which we needed to fill out and then they would review it and send it away to their offices. No one took responsibility and they said that as far as they are concerned the breakfast arrived so we shouldn't be saying anything. This is a very poor response from a hotel chain that says it's a first class facility. My partner and I will definitely not be returning to this resort and I would advice any other couples that are wanting to stay here that even their "high-end" suites are not worth the money and look around at others.

Room Tip: Suites are beautiful and spacious. However look into the advantages of other hotels as the extra mon...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank australian2011
Write a ReviewReviews (4,223)

Reviewed December 31, 2011

This was our first Club Med trip and we loved it. We have 3 boys ages 10,9,7, First thing you need to do is put the activities that your family might want to do in your phone with an alarm. It's otherwise too hard to keep track of it. I took pictures of the activity schedules screens on the wall because they go by too fast. What we liked about Club Med: Pool never closes, even in the rain. archery, trapeze, the GO's constantly play with the kids. But they do need to be in the kids club to do the fun kid activities. The kids were turned off by the kids club on the first day when we went on the helpful tour of the resort and they only saw the babies in the kids club because the kids ages 4-teenagers were at the trapeze or archery or something. They also loved the bungee trampoline jump. More thing we liked were: circus activities like juggling circus toys to play with, ping pong tournament on regular tables and mini tables, the step class was a great workout and not complicated moves, people actually played sand volleyball and kayaking for 1-3 people per boat. I was the only one who went windsurfing in the family because I had done it as a kid. Our boys were too small to do it. But they do have free daily lesson. (put the times in your phone) Everyday at 11:30 they do a fun water aerobics class in the pool and tons of people join in, even my husband had fun, followed by a fun dance that we do in the water and then after that we all played a water game like water polo or water basketball. The main pool is shallow enough. There is no deep end in the main pool.
We thought the food was great and my picky eater said it was the best food ever. They take professional pictures of you throughout the day and capture great moments and close ups on all the activities. After your first day there, you should go to the picture area near the restaurant and find your family pictures and put them into a folder. If you do it everyday it's not very hard. Then on your last day, you can purchase each picture you want for about 3.50 USD on a CD or print. It's a bit expensive but some of the pictures are amazing in the air or on the water. Make sure they take a few family pictures of you in the day and night.
Something we did not like as much was the low grade wine and no chardonnay. You might be able to ask the driver from the airport to stop at a liquor store on the way there because you can't bring liquor into the country. Otherwise I paid $60 USD for a bottle of good wine. Our boys did not like the beach because there were no waves. I thought it was too hot on the beach. Not a lot of people on the beach unless they were doing the water activities. We didn't like the fact you had to pay for billiards on the one small table. No take-away coffee cups. Kids have to be 8 for snorkeling or the off site whitewater rafting.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

I stayed for a week in December with my family. The moment we arrived, we were welcomed by the G.O team and ushered to a place, where a G.O explains to us how everything works in club med. I joined the junior club, and the G.Os in charge, Rull, Erick, Dody were a awesome bunch and with their humour, they managed to bring the junior club together, although we were total strangers from the start. They accompanied us and joined us in all sort of games. Being with them was a joy and I am glad that I met them. All of them did their best to make it an enjoyable experience for us while we were there. Especially, Rull, who took her off day to edit our videos, just so it could be shown to our parents and friends. My brother, who performed with Rull, thinks that she is fantastic and fun to be around. Other than the three of them, the other G.Os were all very friendly. Especially Courtney. She played with my brother and is friendly towards everyone. Other than the G.Os, the atmosphere is also very plesant, and it seems like all the G.Os were your friends. My parents who go for the water aerobics class and yoga class thinks that this classes are good and allows them to get to know some people as well. It also allows them to do some exercise instead of sitting around the bar all day. It has been a joy to stay in club med and we really couldn't bear to leave. Thank you to all the G.Os for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank Sally882005
Reviewed December 29, 2011

A wonderful time in Bali! Exceptional surrounding + food.
So many great activities for kids at the Kidz Club > caring staff to entertain children so .... lovely time for the parents as well !

Reviewed December 27, 2011

We took an all inclusive package for our honeymoon to Club Med Bali and it was the best decision we could've made. The resort had such amazing and friendly staff and the resort was beautiful and well maintained, far beyond its four star rating. The gardens and the day beds were a dream and the bar was incredible. Nothing was too much of a request for the staff there and from day one we felt like we were in paradise.
The food was incredible and every day it just got better and better, the buffet always had fresh servings and the chefs were always on hand to make sure that we had whatever we wanted. The touch we enjoyed as well was that the staff made an effort to sit with their guests during lunch which was great for getting to know a bit about the Bali culture.
The GO's were also very friendly and the South African guys made us feel very at home being from SA ourselves.
The complimentary massage and dinner voucher just added that extra touch to our experience.
Would definitely recommend Club Med Bali to anyone looking for an exotic escape, with everything inclusive it is definitely worth the money. We will be visiting more Club Meds in the future.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Kevin T
Reviewed December 27, 2011

My family spent the most magical Christmas at Club Med Bali and can't wait to go back. The atmosphere created by Phillipe and the staff was so warm and welcoming, we immediately felt part of the Club Med family. Special thanks go to Rosie,Agung, Agnes, Jeff, Ottman, Bren, Tikki, Made, and Erick for making our holiday so memorable and spectacular. We will be back

Reviewed December 26, 2011

Just got back from our family holidays in Bali. This time with clubmed. I was under impression vacation with family could be very stressed and boring. Me, my husband and two kids (age 3 & 2) was immensely enjoying our time together there!
We got in to bali quite late, clubmed GOs welcomed our arrival with cold tea & warm towel and they've arranged for late supper at the Batur Restaurant. It was very thoughtful of them. Right after supper, we went to our room - Lombok. Right off the bat, i like the room. Spacious with a balcony. I don't really like the red decor though. Not really giving the "restful" ambiance to the room. The shower area is rather small but sufficient. They provided me with kids bathtub and potty for my little one. AC was noisy on the first night there, but once we called maintenance, they fix it right up in the morning.

If you have kids, try to get the Lombok area. It is rather far from the main pool but you won"t hear a peep from any of the activities at night if your kids needs to sleep.

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner buffet could use an improvement. Variety in menu. My fourth day there I'm running out of ideas what else I could eat. Continental, Asian almost the same each and every day, unless you make a reservation for the batur restaurant (dinner) dinner was superb.
I find the utensils wasn't clean. Cups still have the coffee stain, glass still dirty from previous use and smells. House flies is a common sight there too.
The servers were amazingly helpful. Friendly too.

The GOs however, some not as friendly as the others, but they were helpful and I'm not complaining.

I love the pool, water was warm for my little kids. Shower area provided nearby the pool and the main bar just on the main pool side. Grab a drink or a snack relax on the pool side lounge.

I sent my kids to the petit club, and the staff there were so amazing. they took care of my active kids, went out for picnic and stuff. My son and daughter has been pestering me to go back there! (and we have just come back!)
Facility wise, petit club could do some renovating. upgrading or sort. I saw leaking of the AC. water dripping and unpleasant old smell from the sleeping area. They do have their own shallow pool and small playground. A soft gym for the kids to explore.

they have the archery field, tennis court, golf, etc... amazing facilities including the water sports.

We had an amazing holidays. not only us the adults, but the kids as well.

Thanks Club Med.

Room Tip: Lombok area for family travelers
1  Thank lmk08