“Almost Perfect”

Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel & Residences
Ranked #24 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed March 13, 2010

Just got back from our first vacation in Bali. We stayed in this hotel and it's what everyone said it would be. It was more laid back compared to the other hotels, very homey, charming and has a more relaxing and classy environment. Though there were a few turn-off's here and there (you can't have it all!), but overall, it was a really good stay.

The Good Stuff:
** Food was delicious.
** Food service was great during breakfast, coffee/tea and milk being served right at your table when you need it. The staff always attentive to your needs.
** Rooms were spacious, really nice, clean and modern.
** The room was always cleaned well and everything in the room was well-provided after every cleaning (shampoo, soap, towels, water, etc.).
** Hotel environment makes you feel very safe and very relaxed. Apart from the security, the way the hotel surroundings were set up, up from the lobby to the resto/pool and pathways to your rooms are absolutely lovely and refreshing.
** Staff always smiling and welcomes you with their greetings.
** Novotel beach club was great! No need to bring the room towels as towels are already provided (same with the pool area). Clean beach and not much people. Very private and exclusive to Novotel customers only.

The not-so-good stuff:
** We were placed in the Flamboyant rooms. When we were escorted to our room the first day, everything looks good initially. When the escort left, and I went to check out the balcony, what I saw was not really nice - I was expecting to see greens or a view of the sea or at least a pool, but right in front of us, just a few meters away, we saw construction workers and a building being worked on. Though it's really not Novotel's fault, but this is a wee bit of a turn off for me, thinking it was my first time in Bali and first hotel I ever booked in Bali. Thinking I didn't pay a lot just to see something like this. We can hear the construction noise (hammering, small trucks, etc) from inside the room, but not really a nuisance. Good thing we're heavy sleepers and we just happen to hear it every morning when we wake up and in the afternoon.
** Bali at the time we arrived was really humid. We noticed the airconditioning was not as cool as it should be (even if we lowered temp to 18 degrees), so we called reception to have someone check it. It took 15-30 minutes for the guy to arrive, and I even called reception to follow up since my bf and i were sweating a bit from the humidity. And when the guy checked he said surprisingly that the AC is ok, and it's getting cooler (but I think otherwise). And we mentioned it's still not cool enough (in our standards) even if we lower it to 18 degrees. And hearing that comment the AC tech guy said that temp should not be lower than 21 degrees, because it'll be too cold then and AC might get damaged. That's totally weird for me, coz I've always lived in a tropical country and lowering the temp of my AC's home below 20 degrees is not a problem at all. Even more surprising to me was that this tech guy did some adjustments I think and he told us he'll lock the temperature to 21 degrees. Now that was a total turn off for me. Why lock it to 21 degrees?! Yes, it cooled down a weee bit, but still not cool enough for us. We didn't bother reporting him or getting upset about the AC thing, since we thought that it's such a minor fuzz which should not ruin our first day of our Bali vacation. So we decided to live with the not-so-cool AC for the rest of our stay.
** We bought some cheap DVD's from Kuta, and upon arriving later in the night at our room, we requested for a DVD player. The receptionist said that she'll check if they still have a DVD player available and will call us up in a few minutes. So we patiently waited -- Minutes turned to hours until we figured that they didn't have a DVD player and used my laptop instead. Another turnoff for me coz instead of us calling them back for follow up or waiting hours for them, they should have at least called us back to say that there were no players available at the moment.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nette311
Write a ReviewReviews (3,039)

Reviewed March 5, 2010

We had a great stay with our family. The kitchen in the apartment was very convenient. The pool was relaxing, large, and fun for the kids. The Kid's Club had a good selection of activities. We enjoyed the ping pong, dart board, and bicycling. Breakfast was good and there was a wide variety of foods. The fitness centre was simple but sufficient. This was our second stay at this hotel. We plan to stay again another time.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2010

Every time i visit Bali i stay at this hotel, and every time the service is nothing but exceptional.
Ria, Adhi,Arimas,Nanico,Eka,Deny and Iroh greet me 'Home' with such warmth every single time i walk in and out of the reception. They always go out of there way to help me arrange trips to take stuff to a dog shelter in Ubud www.freewebs.com/balidogs.
Their knowledge of the area, genuine attitude towards helping their guests and perfectly polished reception area, ensures the Novotel Nusa Dua in Bali is the one and only place i would stay while holidaying in Bali.
I always stay in Hotels at least 3 times a week, and The Novotel Nusa dua Bali is my favourite hotel for there beautiful staff.
i wish i was there now!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
novotelnusadua, Guest Relation at Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2010

Dear Our Valued Guest,

Warmest greetings from Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel & Residences.

It is always a pleasure for all of us to have your presence, especially a frequent lovely guest as you are. We will definitely try our best to accomodate your inquiries whenever it is possible.

We look forward to seeing you again in your next trip. I do hope you always have a nice and safe flight wherever you go. The Front Desk and Guest Relation Officer will be right here always to welcome you.

Reviewed February 14, 2010

Stayed here with my partner for a first time trip to Bali.. and was absolutely floored by the place!! The resort is within a hotel complex in Nusa Dua so you can expect to see many other five-star accommodations before you see the Novotel.. You know how you sneak a peek inside the gates of the other hotels to see what they look like? But upon reaching the Novotel we were not at all disappointed.

Lobby and entry may not be as massive as others around but really quite laid back and welcoming.. Check in is at a desk in the corner and not the actual conceirge counter as you might expect, but such a charming touch as you get to sit and sip your welcome drink as they sort out your reservation.

Our room was in the second floor, in building nearest to lobby and was really delighted to see we had not been led on. Room was spacious, with a huge king sized bed with plush sheets and beddings.. view was out to the parking lot and not the pool but not a disappointment at all. The bathroom was god sent!! Tub was partitioned from the room by sliding shutters, and toilet and shower area was a good two meters away from tub. You could breakdance in the bathroom if you wanted to.

It was the perfect place to stay, given we were looking for some quiet time.. hotel seemed fully booked when we were there but we didn't hear any disturbing sounds.
It also has 2-3 bedroom apartments. I'm thinking when I come back, I would probably take my siblings instead.

Breakfast had a huge selection, everything from Indonesian delights to cereals and bacon.. no need to repeat if you're staying long!

Nusa Dua may be quite a distance from Kuta/Seminyak, but the peace and quiet was definitely worth it. We would hire a driver to take us to and fro. I remember it took about 45 mins one way to get to Kuta from the hotel for about 75,000 rupiah (less than 10 USD).. it was the best place to unwind after a day at the busy beaches of Bali.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
novotelnusadua, Guest Relation at Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2010

Warmest greetings from Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel & Residences.

We could not thank you enough for choosing us to spend your memorable getaway. We do appreciate for your highly compliment to our resort and services.

We would love definitely to invite you again and your entire family to experience other type of accomodation and facilities. All of the team will be pleased to deliver the excellent Balinese hospitality for you to remember.

Look forward to receiving your next booking and have a lovely day.

Reviewed January 30, 2010

We had several of us going, my husband and I, our 2 year old and both grandparents as well as a friend and her extended family. All in all 13 people. We booked a 2 bedroom apartment and a normal delux package for my family, then my friend discovered you could get 3 bedroom apartments so she booked that. My parents were lucky enough to be upgraded to the identical 2 bedroom apartment we had.

I have to say the apartments are huge, the balconies are huge and the bathrooms are huge. A workable kitchenette and dining room table as well as full lounge complete with DVD and TV just are a luxury anyone who has ever travelled with kids will fully appreciate.

The 2 bed apartment was amazing I couln't praise it enough until I went to my friends ground floor 3 bedroom apartment and oh my god spectacular. They had a private pool and outdoor area that was so nice and cool you would never have known you were in the tropics.

The large pool was lovely, the kids club was great and the staff were friendly.

What was not good - the kids pool was pretty tiny and useless so our daughter spent all her time in the main pool. There was also a fantastic kids buffet table (at kids height) at he breakfast bar but right in the smoking section???

This hotel is not for the young nightclubbing crowd but best for any parents that wants to have their kids sleeping in a different room than where you watch TV! Also good for anyone that want peace and luxury without the huge price tag.

Great value for money.

1  Thank Bats462003
novotelnusadua, Guest Relation at Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2010

Warmest greetings from Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel & Residences.

Please allow us to express our sincerest gratitude for telling us your comments. Those are the feedback that encourage us to exceed the excellent service that we could offer.
I have shared the comments to our team and the location of the kids buffet breakfast has been considered to be allocated away from smoking area.
Once again thank you for choosing to spend your memorable time with us. We look forward to seeing you again and our best regards to your family and friend.

Reviewed January 21, 2010

This resort is a great place to stay! My family and friends have stayed at this resort the past two new years and both times were impressed and pleased with everything. The staff are friendly and no request is too difficult! While many people say that Nusa Dua is to far away from anything, I believe it's not I found it to be a quick trip into kuta or to Seminyak. I would recommened this hotel to anyone and am looking forward to returning sometime this year!

3  Thank mickiAustralia92
novotelnusadua, Guest Relation at Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2010

Dear Our Valued Guest,

Warmest greetings from Novotel Bali Nusa Dua.

On behalf of the team, I would like to express my gratitude for sharing your wonderful comments. These will become our valuable encouragement to improve ourselves more and more in delivering the finest service.

Your presence will always be expected and welcomed in the near future. Our greatest joy to hear that we could exceed your satisfaction. Best regards to all family.

Reviewed January 18, 2010

Really great hotel to stay at, breakfast was very extensive and topped up regularly, food service around pool was nicely presented and quite affordable. We stayed in a two bedroom room which has now spoilt us, the main bedroom opens up to the bathroom and the kids can watch tv while having there bath, the only real fault with the bathroom is the toilet door which is normal glass, so you have to shut the shutters to the bedroom if you want privacy. The loungeroom/dining room was very large with another tv and dvd player, the kids have there own bathroom with bath as well. And the kitchen was adequate with two burner stove, medium size fridge/freezer and all the crockery, plates and pots supplied. The only fault in this area is the lack of hot water to wash the dishs, the housekeepers will wash the dishs but I presume in cold water, so I would be wary of letting them do this. The real concern for me was at night, being bitten alive by mosquitos, the room which was on the ground floor, seemed to have a no end supply of mosquitos, I would request one next time a floor up or go and get some bug spray, we sprayed ourselves with aeroguard every night before sleep.
If you need supplies of food and water, simply walk out the front gate turn left onto the footpath, walk about five minutes and then left again out through the security gate walk another two minutes and your there. Lots of restaurants, mini convience stores, the usual shops you find all over bali and even a Commenwealth bank ATM. All in all a real nice place to stay and we will return soon again. Our kids were 5 and 7

2  Thank Philipstravels

Warmest greetings from Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel & Residences.

We very much appreciate that you have taken your time to share your concerns during your stay with us. Your concerns are the most important element for our service improvement. We could assure you that they have been handled properly.
We have been implementing the fogging every week in all areas to minimize the insects enter the rooms. I agree that this is important as our property has many gardens, plants and tropical ambiance. We are also considering to have the frequency of fogging more often. We surely provide the mosquito spray or electric to be delivered to room as guest request.
On behalf of the team please accept our deepest apology should there are things did not meet your expectation. And allow us to serve you better in your next family vacation.