Just got back from our first vacation in Bali. We stayed in this hotel and it's what everyone said it would be. It was more laid back compared to the other hotels, very homey, charming and has a more relaxing and classy environment. Though there were a few turn-off's here and there (you can't have it all!), but overall, it was a really good stay.
The Good Stuff:
** Food was delicious.
** Food service was great during breakfast, coffee/tea and milk being served right at your table when you need it. The staff always attentive to your needs.
** Rooms were spacious, really nice, clean and modern.
** The room was always cleaned well and everything in the room was well-provided after every cleaning (shampoo, soap, towels, water, etc.).
** Hotel environment makes you feel very safe and very relaxed. Apart from the security, the way the hotel surroundings were set up, up from the lobby to the resto/pool and pathways to your rooms are absolutely lovely and refreshing.
** Staff always smiling and welcomes you with their greetings.
** Novotel beach club was great! No need to bring the room towels as towels are already provided (same with the pool area). Clean beach and not much people. Very private and exclusive to Novotel customers only.
The not-so-good stuff:
** We were placed in the Flamboyant rooms. When we were escorted to our room the first day, everything looks good initially. When the escort left, and I went to check out the balcony, what I saw was not really nice - I was expecting to see greens or a view of the sea or at least a pool, but right in front of us, just a few meters away, we saw construction workers and a building being worked on. Though it's really not Novotel's fault, but this is a wee bit of a turn off for me, thinking it was my first time in Bali and first hotel I ever booked in Bali. Thinking I didn't pay a lot just to see something like this. We can hear the construction noise (hammering, small trucks, etc) from inside the room, but not really a nuisance. Good thing we're heavy sleepers and we just happen to hear it every morning when we wake up and in the afternoon.
** Bali at the time we arrived was really humid. We noticed the airconditioning was not as cool as it should be (even if we lowered temp to 18 degrees), so we called reception to have someone check it. It took 15-30 minutes for the guy to arrive, and I even called reception to follow up since my bf and i were sweating a bit from the humidity. And when the guy checked he said surprisingly that the AC is ok, and it's getting cooler (but I think otherwise). And we mentioned it's still not cool enough (in our standards) even if we lower it to 18 degrees. And hearing that comment the AC tech guy said that temp should not be lower than 21 degrees, because it'll be too cold then and AC might get damaged. That's totally weird for me, coz I've always lived in a tropical country and lowering the temp of my AC's home below 20 degrees is not a problem at all. Even more surprising to me was that this tech guy did some adjustments I think and he told us he'll lock the temperature to 21 degrees. Now that was a total turn off for me. Why lock it to 21 degrees?! Yes, it cooled down a weee bit, but still not cool enough for us. We didn't bother reporting him or getting upset about the AC thing, since we thought that it's such a minor fuzz which should not ruin our first day of our Bali vacation. So we decided to live with the not-so-cool AC for the rest of our stay.
** We bought some cheap DVD's from Kuta, and upon arriving later in the night at our room, we requested for a DVD player. The receptionist said that she'll check if they still have a DVD player available and will call us up in a few minutes. So we patiently waited -- Minutes turned to hours until we figured that they didn't have a DVD player and used my laptop instead. Another turnoff for me coz instead of us calling them back for follow up or waiting hours for them, they should have at least called us back to say that there were no players available at the moment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel is located in the heart of tranquil Indonesia Tourism Development Corporation, Nusa Dua. Close to Bali International Convention Center, Bali Nusa Dua Convention Center, and Bali Collection. Only 45 minutes away from the famous Uluwatu Temple, and within 5 minutes walking to Bali National Golf Club. It features 173 beautifully appointed rooms and suites, many with pool and garden views. The hotel offers five stars resort facilities including private beach club well-known for the beautiful sunrise view, 1500 sqm lagoon pool, spa, sauna, fitness center, kids club, meeting and conference rooms. Spacious rooms, some are fully equipped with living room, dining, kitchen and private balcony or pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Accorhotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel And Residences
- Novotel Nusa Dua Bali
- Nusa Dua Novotel
- Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel & Residences