“lovely and friendly stay”

Park Hotel Nusa Dua
Ranked #35 of 53 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Tehran, Iran
“lovely and friendly stay”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

In my opinion this beautiful hotel can bring a lovely and friendly stay for you and your family...maybe it is not a very luxurious hotel but the environment and view of hotel,nice swimming pools (one in basement and one in top roof),staff behaviour,shuttle service to shopping centers and beaches,delicious food and other things makes you feel satisfied with your stay at this beautiful hotel..

Room Tip: villas of hotel are more beautiful...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 622traveller
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear reviewer,
thank you for your comments and taking the time to review our hotel.
We were very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay.
We are also happy to read you enjoyed the food and service.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Last month, I noticed there are more positive reviews on TA about this hotel, so I decided to give it a try for 3 nights. Unfortunately, my experience was not positive.

Good points:
affordable rate for a 2-bedroom apartment, some friendly staff (esp one of the restaurant staff), an okay breakfast and in-room dining, nice view from the roof-top restaurant.

Bad points:
room is old and tired (see photos), room has some musky smell, plenty of insects, dirty balcony (they never cleaned it I guess!), corridors are dark and creepy, location is deep in a housing area - not near to beach, limited shuttle service, no other dining options nearby, a staff complained about low wages - perhaps that explain the lack of initiative many of the staff, overall, our holiday became less enjoyable because of these shortcomings.

1 Thank HYY_T
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your input and comments.
Whilst we do carry out a regular disinfestation program, due to our proximity to the natural environment, some bugs do get through.
I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations in regards to service3 but would state that I do not believe that it is related to salary.

Travelers are raving about these Nusa Dua hotels

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed January 22, 2014

As i'm writing this review, i'm actually still sitting in the living room of our 2 bedroom suite. That's how excited i am to give my feedback about this place. My parents arrived here first 2 days ago and i arrived several hours later with my two toddlers. For one thing, this hotel isn't actually too friendly for young kids; they lack in children's facilities. But my kids were having a field day in our spacious apartment. They began a 15 minute exploration even before removing their backpacks. The room had wowed us from the very first step in. Cleanliness is okay. There was a minor glitch with the AC in our bedrooms, but after a short complaint things were taken care of most professionally. The kitchen is very elaborate i could even reheat a leftover pasta. The breakfast buffet are quite nice, and the room service menu is great too; also with very reasonable price. The staff are friendly without that annoying superficial feeling that is usually common with people working in hotels. The ambience is so homey that whenever my kids are getting cranky on our day trips they always beg us to go back to our "rumah hotel" or "hotel home" as they call it. And what had made quite an impression is what we found when we got back to our room this afternoon. There on the bed the kids and i have been using sat a towel elephant and towel bunny rabbit. My kids were ecstatic (and giving me a hard time when i accidentally knocked the bunny's head off). Regardless of the intricate craft the housekeeper did, what touches me most is the attention to details, the care, and the adorable way of showing it. I thank whoever you are who made up room 209s on our last night here. I believe what you've been doing here is not just working, but you're loving your job. And all these things just make me even more excited to come back.
So good bye, nice hotel, hope we see you again soon!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your very kind comments.
I am very pleased to read that you are enjoying your stay and that your children are having fun in the large room.
I was glad to read we fixed the AC problem to your satisfaction and that you find other facilities meet your requirements.
We do look forward to welcoming you back.
Regards
GM
bandung, indonesia
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

I am staying right now. This is the first night of two nights. The hotel is very old it,s like back to the 90's. The staff service was horrible. It,s like the soul of the hotel is missing. I think it needs a lot of renovating. At the main lobby entrance there,re beoken stone carving

I,m staying at deluxe room. The room is very dark because the only window available is to the utility area. The ac was placed directly to the bed. It,s a very small room. I usually like small rooms but this one is extraordinary :(

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank dinardi
Dear Reviewer,
I am sorry to read that you find our hotel in this way.
As you are still in house, please feel free to visit our Front office who will show you the other room categories we have available.
Regards
GM
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Hi, my family & I love bali & like the area Nusa Dua to stay in. I found this hotel on the net & booked it through the flight centre. The hotel is disgusting . , falling apart , smells , rooms dirty , staff can not even Speke English ,breakfast horrible. This hotel was built in 2006 the manager said but it has not been maintained . The photos on there web site were either taken back then or photo shopped. Don't waste your good money on this place , there were two family's & both 2 bedroom suite were terrible . My husband complained we were up graded for the last two day to a villa which was semi ok, but not like the net pictures . We wasted our good earned money on this HORRIBLE HOTEL & VILLA'S. DISGUSTING . We will never stay at a Swiss Bell chain ever again.

1 Thank Lisa M
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
We are very sad to read your disappointment in your stay and as I am aware of your room number, I have investigated the matter personally.
We apologize for our inability to meet your requirements but I am glad that my staff were able to upgrade your room to one of our villas.

C. MacLean
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We opted to stay in this hotel because it is part of the Wyndham group. I have nothing but good experiences in the hotel. Boodi, Farid, Bedi, Agung and the lovely lady at the tour desk made our stay in Bali very comfortable. The Sky View restaurant was very convenient and given that the hotel is not centrally located, a shuttle or a taxi makes everything very accessible. The service from the staff is as good as you'll get anywhere. Nothing is too much trouble for these guys. An example of the service is: on check out, as we were leaving the hotel, I left my wallet that had a few important cards inside, they had to radio the security on the gate to ensure that I did not leave without my wallet. I am very thankful that the staff had this level of concern for their guests. Look, I fully get that english is not the staff's first language but I am very surprised at how easily I can get my point across. We stayed in room 307S which is a spacious room. We even considered flying someone else to Bali to take advantage of the more than adequate space. Overall the main thing you need to consider is that the hotel is not centrally located to major shopping precints but like I said its only a hop and skip away via shuttle and taxi.

Chris, pls extend our thank you to your staff for a lovely stay. We will definitely be back soon!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and we are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.
I was very pleased to hear that you got your wallet back and I have thanked the staff responsible for this action.
As English is not their first language, I was also please to read that the employees were able to meet your needs and requests.
We do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
C. MacLean
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I here travelled a lot in the last few years and it's very rare that I would consider writing a review of this nature on trip advisor. Usually the hotels we choose to stay in are good value for money and in a good location. The Swiss Belhotel, however, is not one of those hotels. My description here is a very candid and realistic look at our experience. The check in was a breeze. We asked for a hotel shuttle from the airport to the hotel for 150000 IDR. When we went up to our room (a deluxe room) it was very small- very different to how it was advertised in the pictures online. Usually a small room would not bother us at all, because we were on holiday in a different country,and we usually like to see the sights. This brings me to my second point- the location. This hotel is situated on the top of hill with a beautiful view of Nusa Dua. The problem is that it is so far away from anything that you need a driver or a taxi to explore the areas. If you just want to pop out for quick dinner, you can't because it is about a 15 minute walk to the main road and there is very little in the area. Again this wouldn't be a problem- the hotel supplies a shuttle bus to Kuta and Nusa Dua. But the times of the shuttle bus are so awkward that if you go to Nusa Dua for the day, shuttle will come and collect you at around 4pm to take you back to the hotel. And if you go to Kuta for the day the shuttle comes to collect you at 6:30pm. Of course, in both situations,you get back to the hotel very early,and you are either forced to call a taxi to take you to a restaurant to eat, or eat at the hotel- which has a very limited selection of food. Don't expect the staff at the hotel to give you any advice on a good restaurant though- they cannot understand English. Every evening we would need to check the internet for a good place to eat, and then ask the concierge to call a taxi- one if the few things they understood. There were 4 occasions where we asked for a wake up call in the morning, because we were going on tour or had a driver. We were only woken up once. Most of the time the staff did not have a clue what we were talking About. They were very friendly and said yes to everything,but understood very little. At one stage we got so frustrated - we asked about something and we're told to look at the lights in the distance. We would often ask for something and be told something completely unrelated. It became a joke after a while. I don't really have a problem if English is not understood,but then don't pretend to understand because then the wrong information is given. The pool in the center of the hotel looks lovely? Just remember that any noise that is made in that pool gets sent right up and through the rest of the hotel. So if you are planning on a nice late morning, you may just get rudely awoken by children playing and screaming in the pool. So, if I we're you, I would chose another hotel. Or if you are considering staying here, spend the extra and get a suite. The location is really bad, so be prepared to spend up to 100 000 IDR per taxi ride, to either Nusa Dua or Kuta (probably a little more to Kuta). And be prepared to put up with a lot if misinformation. Don't expect wonders of the buffet...it is made up mainly of fried noodles, fried rice and other very oily dishes. We went to breakfast on several occasions, and found small insects crawling all over the toast. I picked up a piece if toast,and these little creepy crawlers were all over. Both if us really struggled with this. All in all, a bad experience- spend your money on another hotel.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Migandy
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Migandy,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
I was concerned to read the comments in your post and am obviously sad that we did not meet your expectations during your stay.
I have asked my department Manager to check on your comments about the English language ability of our staff, as well as your wake up calls.
We do try to control the sounds from people using the pool, especially children, but there are times when they are loud.
I am also concerned about your comments about the insects and will review this personally.
Its with input from our guests that we are able to review our operation so we again thank you for your comments.