Park Hotel Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa(Nusa Dua)(Great Value!)
$148
$91
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Bali Resort(Nusa Dua)(Great Value!)
$150
$113
Melia Bali(Nusa Dua)(Great Value!)
$181
$123
Grand Hyatt Bali(Nusa Dua)(Great Value!)
$175
$145
Agoda.com
Ayodya Resort Bali(Nusa Dua)(Great Value!)
$155
$120
$317
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali(Nusa Dua)(Great Value!)
$189
$149
  • Beachfront
Mulia Resort(Nusa Dua)(Great Value!)
$225
The Mulia(Nusa Dua)
$361
$331
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop poolroom service foodtop floormengiat beachliving roomprivate villaconvenience storenice staytoll roadbreakfast spreadshuttlearupoolsbalistovetaxisagus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We booked a villa with private pool at mediocre price compare with other villas in Bali.

The pro:
-Okay, so a picture tells a thousand words, you have to check out the pool!! it's huge, definitely nothing like the plunge pool in some other villas.
-They provide aircon at the bathroom
-The pool and the bathroom is very clean

The con:
-It's not a five stars villa, so no butler service is available
-The aircon in our bedroom is super hot (i don't know whether it's just in our villa or all of 'em)
-Breakfast is not delivered, and a bit awful to be honest, everything is gone by 10am and not being replenish again, they even run out of the juice
-The kitchen and living room is outdoor (maybe a pro for some people though), but in tropical country, it's just not my cup of tea to eat outdoor along with every insect that come along,

Room Tip: Ask for a villa with sea view
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cajoeen
AndrewJLeith, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Dear Cajoeen,

We appreciate the time taken to review your recent stay with us and so thank you for that as well as your valuable feedback.

It is pleasing to read your positive remarks regarding the Villas here at Swiss-Belhotel Bay View. We are glad that you found the pool, air-conditioned bathroom, and the cleanliness of the Villa as positive points of your experience.

We are disappointed, however, that you did not find the breakfasts up to your expectations. We have instituted several changes to our breakfast buffet as we recognize the importance of quality, quantity, variety, and service to ensure that our guests enjoy themselves during meal times. Breakfast here does run to 10.30am and our buffet is restocked until then so I must apologize for your experience which runs counter to our usual standards.

Thank you again for the feedback. I hope to see you back with us so that you can once again enjoy your stay in our beautiful pool Villas and so that we can impress on you that your breakfast experience is not our usual standard.

Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed here August last year and stayed both in Swiss Bel hotel and Villas.

Their one bedroom Villas were very spacious and clean. Welcome amenity and drinks were provided upon arrival. You can also choose to stay in the villa and just relax at your own private pool while having snacks or reading a book. The place is very idyllic since its a bit far from the city. However, Its a bit difficult to get a taxi. I would suggest to hire a car(with driver) on a daily rate. There's nothing special in their breakfast and its the same everyday. Very limited choices.
Reception procedure has to be improved. Since we stayed in the villa then in their hotel on our last day - I was expecting them to do the transaction/paper works internally. But then they ask me to checkout, settle my bills at the villas and recheck-in in their hotel. They could just do the recheck-in internally, rather than bother the guest and ask to register twice, settle the bill twice specially that they have all our details.
Room Service - Food was ok. Nothing fancy but its fresh. One of the servers refused to accept my cash payment and insist that I should just charge it to the room because he is busy. He cannot go back to give me the change.. that's what you call service!

We stayed at their hotel side during our last day since we need to check out early the next day. Their rooms are really small, very dusty. It seems like it was not used for months. I even saw a spider web in the ceiling. We were also give a room with one main door (for two rooms). The guest on the other door/vice versa were disturbed if we need to ring the door bell.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank annestravel
AndrewJLeith, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2011

Dear Annesy,

Thank you for your review of Swiss-Belhotel Bay View for your stay with us in August 2010.

We are certainly pleased that you enjoyed your stay in our Pool Villas and that you found them spacious, clean, and idyllic.

We are sorry that you found the checking out of the Villas and into the Hotel procedure not as efficient as it should be. Unfortunately we operate two property management systems and so cannot simply transfer between the two, which I agree would be more convenient for our guests.

I would also like to apologize for the service issue you encountered with one of our in-room dining staff. This is not the standard of service that we expect from our associates and we have counseled all staff on this issue.

Once again I would like to thank you for you comments as feedback such as this allows us to continually improve our product and service standards.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed July 11, 2011

We booked this hotel under the "collective buying" deals that was featured on the internet.

Upon arrival, we were picked up by the hotel staff at the airport and were greeted with the welcome drink when we arrived at the hotel.

The deluxe room we had were abit small and there was only 1 set of toiletries available. As we stayed there for 3 nights, each day the hotel would put in 1 more set of toiletries. Apart from a mini fridge that contains nothing inside and a boiler, there were no other appliances such as floor slippers, iron, hair dryer etc. A very no frills hotel but room service was prompt.

The aircon can get very noisy at times and we were awoken a few times because of the noise generated.

Breakfast was ok and the food was just passable.

There was a 15 min welcome massage thrown in with our package but we were handled with a coupon that says 10 min welcome massage instead. And this coupon was given only we enquired on it. We tried booking through the phone but was told that the spa was fully booked! I tried our luck to walk in and my request was meet abit reluctantly.

My massage was done with the door opened to my horror. I only get to know when I was done with my massage and there was a male staff outside just adjacently sweeping the floor!!! Very not professional!

The pool was not well maintained and the height is 1.2m making it tough to swim in it.

The plus point of this hotel is that it provides complimentary shuttle services to Kuta Shopping Centre and Dusa Nua Beach at specific timings.

Lastly, wifi is only available at the hotel lobby which can be quite inconvenient. And you need to login every time when you want to use it.

Overall, the staff was quite friendly but there is certainly alot more improvements to be done to this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank mappy88
AndrewJLeith, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2011

Dear Mappy88,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Swiss-belhotel Bayview.

Your points have been noted and I have passed them on to the relevant department managers to ensure that we continue to provide the highest levels of service that we can.

Reviewed June 26, 2011

Stayed 3 nights here before moving to Ubud for another 3 nights. Firstly the disadvantages
i) Traffic. Without shuttle bus, you are nothing. It's uphill after all.
ii) I got a "private" balcony in my room but it is integrated with "warm blower", the air condition compressor of my own room and neighbour's. Sipping coffee with my wife while enjoying local sweets uphill but feeling in Sahara? Dear Manager, you gotta do something about this.
iii) Small, very narrow foyer in the room. If i were someone 100kg+, imagine you are moving in intestine.
iv) Frequency of shuttle van can be improve.

After all critics we have to be fair enough and here is the advantages:
i) We love the roof top infinity pool! We enjoy the pool every night and it seems to be our private pool cause no one using it!
ii) Balcony is a good place for our romance, just the compressor.......... make us feel like in the middle of sahara.
iii) Food (room service) is nice and tasty.
iv) Very friendly staffs and helpful. No problem in communication and every issues encountered resolved.

Conclusion:
For those with budget, please feel comfortable with this hotel. Don't be picky.
For those can afford better, just go for Nusa Dua. That's the best place to enjoy.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CouiceFleming
Park_Hotel_Nusa_Dua, Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review and we will continue to improve our guests services.

Kind Regards,
Andreas

Reviewed June 21, 2011

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights, for a wedding in seminyak as well as a holiday. Very dissapointed with the small room, and still no safe box even though I read that management is going to introduce them. Wi-Fi is free but very slow connection, took like 2 mins to load a page. I don't know how clean the beds are but when I first arrived it feels damp, but after the air-con is turned off I guess it dried off but that itself felt like a 2-3 star hotel when they can't even assure the cleanliness of the sheets. You'll also suspect about the cleanliness of the towels but since we've booked the rooms, no choice but to sleep and use the towels. Shower door cannot be fully closed, toilet is singing all the time, making unpleasant noises. Bed is also weird facing I guess if you believe in Feng Shui, as the left side of the bed is facing the door as you sleep.

Service-wise is OK, asked for hair-dryer took two calls and 20mins to reach the room. Staff friendly during check-in and check-out but seems curt and efficient. The only thing is when I requested for a taxi, the staff called for me a taxi company that rips people off, the meter was already running before I even sit in the cab, the driver made a brief stop for fuel, went the longest way to our destination, and do not give exact change when we paid. I had to instruct the hotel person specifically to call Blue Bird Taxi company every time, which is weird because everybody knows that is the reputable taxi company in Indonesia. The weird thing is that when we check out and requested for Blue Bird Taxi, when the driver came, no one at the hotel lobby informed us even while we were sitting just in front of the check-in counter at the lobby. I had to ask the driver myself, and there are no bell-boys to help carry our luggage to the cab, the taxi-driver had to help us. No goodbyes no service when we leave, and it's not like I don't tip the bell-boys for carrying my luggages, like I said it feels like a 3 Star Hotel rather than a 4 Star.

Breakfast is good, nice location on the top floor and a good spread with omelets, french toast, porridge, cereals, fruits and pastries but if it is to reach 4 stars it could be better. Pool is beautiful although it's a little worn down, however, nobody seems to be swimming. After I went to the pool I discovered the reason why, it's freezing COLD! I had to bite my lips and enter the water for a chilling swim. What a shame a beautiful pool gone to waste because of the cold water.

All in all expect a 2.5-3 star hotel instead of 4 star for those who wants to stay here, then you wouldn't be that dissapointed.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank juzchill
AndrewJLeith, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2011

Dear juzchill,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us.

We are sorry that your impression was that the room was not very clean upon arrival. Please be assured that all room are serviced daily. In regards to your feeling on the layout of the room, unfortunately, the hotel was not designed with Fung Shui considerations taken into account.

Please accept our apologies for the lack of service you received through our Front Desk. As you mentioned Blue Bird taxis are well renowned to offer the best service in Indonesia and our Front Desk staff do call this company as their first option, however, on occasion other companies are called when Blue Bird is not available. I have spoken to the staff regarding the lack of communication and service when your taxi arrived to emphasize the importance of these basic steps and can only apologize again for the lack of service.

I am heartened that you found breakfast and the location of the restaurant to your liking. I am sorry that you felt the pool temperature too cool. All three of our pools are unheated as we find the majority of our guests prefer a refreshing swim during the heat of the day, however , this can lend the pool temperature to cool considerably early in the morning and late in the afternoon/early evening.

Once again thank you for your review as it allows us to continuously improve our products and service.

General Manager.