“Not the best choice, but its adequate”

Park Hotel Nusa Dua
Ranked #31 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed April 4, 2011

The room we stayed at was rather small and the ac felt inadequate. The shower drain didn't, but the breakfast buffet was very good. Moreover, it was very quiet at night so we slept like babies, but that's because its located on a hill in a residential neighbourhood which felt weird. There are no attractions nearby. The hotel does offer a shuttle to and from Kuta. We thought we would give this place a try since we stayed at another Swiss in Bali which was absolutely wonderful, but this one was not as nice. It was inexpensive, but there are better options.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gospeedracer888
AndrewJLeith, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2011

Dear Gospeedracer888,

Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay at Swiss-Belhotel Bay VIew.

Please accept my apologies for the issues with your air-conditioner and the drain in your room. We have instigated a new maintenance program since my joining in April 2011 which will dramatically improve the small maintenance issue previously faced.

Thank you for the kind comments regarding breakfast and we are glad that you enjoyed the peace here "on top of the hill".

Your comments are extremely helpful to us in improving the product and service here and I thank you once again.

Andrew J Leith

Reviewed April 4, 2011

I have booked a stay in the hotel's deluxe room for a trip to bali this coming May. However, after reading the bad reviews online, I am frankly quite disappointed at the stark contrast in the room's quality as described by people who have been there, with what I saw from the hotel's website:

Furthermore, I must say, the information put up on the website by the management is very misleading, as what I thought, after viewing the above webpage, was that the deluxe room is actually a suite apartment, and it is with this mindset that I made the reservation. But apparently, it is not.

I appeal to the management to be honest, and deliver an expected level of corporate ethics and responsibility by communicating clear and accurate information to its prospective customers.

I am already beginning to question if my decision to book a room with the hotel has been a mistake, and am very skeptical about enjoying my stay there.

With that, I am actually considering upgrading the deluxe room to a suite one-bedroom. But the thing is I had reserved and already paid for the deluxe rooms through a travel agency... sounds like a bad start to a promising holiday.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank benn88
AndrewJLeith, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2011

Thank you for taking your time to post a review of Swiss-Belhotel Bay View.

In regards toward your comment regarding the description of the rooms in the PDF document I have to agree with you completely. This is an old document that was supposed to be removed as the room/apartment layout has changed since this was produced and it shall now be removed.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for this and understand that it is certainly not intentional. The description of the deluxe room on our website is correct and gives a true and fair description.

I look forward to apologizing to you in person when you stay with us.

Andrew Leith

Reviewed March 29, 2011

We stayed here in the standard room. The standard room is next to 1 bedroom suite, so it could be noisy if a big family stay next door. Luckily ours wasnt.

The room is small, but adequate. very small window with an aircon of the suite next door.
Nice clean linen, breakfast selection is quite good. I like the bubur ayam (chicken poridge) with the complete condiments.

bathroom was mouldy on the joints, but everything else works fine.. the aircon was cold and adjustable unlike some other hotel in Bali... see my other review.

The location is very secluded, and you have to take taxi to anywhere. About 10 dollars to Kuta central.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Herman M
Park_Hotel_Nusa_Dua, Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2017

Andreas

Reviewed March 23, 2011

We went to Bali to celebrate the 2011 New Year and decided to stay in Swiss-BelHotel Bay View. The pictures shown in the internet looks promising but it was deceiving! We booked for 4 nights but we stayed for 2 nights! Lift & carpark smell terrible, like a sewage pipe broke in the basement or something. My husband held his breathe every time we took the lift/went to the carpark. The room was small and it looks like they split up a suite to make 2 rooms so they can occupy more guest. Every time the guest next door opened/closed their door, we can hear it. We tried to get a refund for the remaining nights but was told about their "No Refund" policy. We decided to move to Pan Pacific Hotel near Uluwatu. We stumbled upon Pan Pacific Hotel by accident on our way to Uluwatu (stopover for lunch). The minute we saw the place, we fell in love with it!! It was an excellent decision & it made the remaining stay in Bali a bliss!! I would recommend anyone to stay in Pan Pacific Uluwatu (but recommended for those who intend to rent a car because the place is a bit secluded).

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tasharish
BillVincent, Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2011

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at Swiss-Belhotel Bay View. Your complaint should been handled better as the problems you encountered could have been easily rectified.
We are just installing new air purifiers in the lifts. Bali is very humid and this hotel is surrounded by jungle so you do have that tropical smell you will find in many parts of Asia.
The deluxe rooms are a standard size but we do have much larger suites, apartments and villas (with their own pool) for only a small additional cost. the hotels in Bali are generally very good value for money compared to Australia.
I am sorry that you could hear the door open and close to the adjoining suite, We will check the door closer on those doors.
i am glad that you enjoyed the rest of your holiday in Bali, even if it was at another resort.
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
Bill Vincent

Reviewed March 11, 2011

This place is at the top of a hill and there is not much close by.
You need to get a taxi if you want to do anything, unless you plan to stay by the lovely pools all day. Taxi's are fairly cheap so it should not be a problem for most people.
We booked a deluxe room but were upgraded to a suite as the weather was bad and the hotel appeared half empty. The suite was amazing, bigger than my apartment in London. Huge lounge, huge bedroom, lovely bed and bathroom with sunken bath and monsoon shower. The only weird thing was a kitchen which had no utensils so you could not make your own food. I think this place was built as a timeshare or condos for overseas residents as our room had a pantry!
Our suite had a lovely view of the ocean and balcony.
Breakfast was not great, the coffee was awful! I would suggest just eating the omelet that is cooked fresh in front of you or eat out for breakfast. Would also suggest to make sure you stock up on drinks like water from the local supermarket as you can store these in the in room fridge.
We tried the dinner one night, the food was OK and portions huge but oddly there were not options for a starter. Amazing view up top for dinner, a bit windy but this keeps the insects at bay.
I loved the 2 pools, apart from having them to myself for most of the day they were clean and the rooftop pool had that amazing view.
Downside apart from location is that no free wifi. Most other hotels in Bali offered free wifi or a computer to access.
I don't think I would stay here again as it was too remote and therefore we spent more money on taxi's, I much preferred Rumbah Bali which was closer to the beach, nice pool and better food.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travellingmookshow
BillVincent, Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay at Swiss-Belhotel Bay View. To inform you and other readers on some of the points you mentioned; Just to let you know that we use local Balinese coffee which does have a distinctive taste.
We now have a new menu and free wi fi so we hope you will notice some improvements if you do return. We otherwise hope that you enjoyed your holiday in Bali and will return one day.
Bill Vincent

Reviewed March 6, 2011

Went there for our honeymoon in November 2010, private villa had a gorgeous pool but the toilet didnt flush properly, the bed linen wasnt changed and the website said we would have a private chef NOT order from the resort as room service. Service was good at the villa reception but had to let them know we had late checkout with our booking as they tried to tell us we had to leave at 3pm instead of 6pm. Wont stay there again because it was too secluded, had to get transport to go anywhere, no shops or resturants close by.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JDSCHEER

Reviewed March 6, 2011

The 1st time we stayed in this hotel was back in summer 2010. For a 2 week stay, we found the price definitely a bargain for the very spacious 1bedroom suite we booked. We noticed that the room was quite unkept and the bathroom was quite mouldy. We only ate breakfast one time as the quality was just bad. But because we were there with our daughter and it's had all been prepaid, we didn't want to make a fuss about it. In February 2011, I decided to give it another try, hoping that they would have improved somehow. Again, it's for a 2 week stay and we prepaid everything. I can only describe the hotels in words such as unkept, dirty, mouldy, clogged toilets, clogged shower, breakfast quality has still not improved if not worse, the hotel has not enough wine glasses (we had 4 and asked for a few more for our visiting friends), the towels are dirty, there was a security guard who listen to music blasting from his IPOD at 6am in the morning, the hotel does not have enough pool towels, the suite is equipped with a kitchen but not dish-washing liquid so I bought one and the housekeeping staff gladly used mine!, the lighting in the bedroom is dim, there's always creepy crawlers everywere, the wallpapers are stained everywhere, we had a black-out and then realise that the fuse-box was flooded!!! and I can go on. Although I could see that (especially the Housekeeping) staff tried their best, I do realise that during my (in total 4 weeks) stay, I NEVER came across a senior management in this hotel. Not a manager, not even the GM. I didn't even get a 'welcome back' like in the other hotels. Un utter disaster, the hotel obviously lacks leadership and I don't blame the staff for losing interest in their job.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple