“Back again with husband in tow !”
Review of Ellie's

Ellie's
Ranked #33 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Margaret River, Australia
“Back again with husband in tow !”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Came back to Ellies with my husband in September after he had had 10 months of me raving about it after my last solo visit. Everything was perfect again and the water pressure in the showers ( the only incidental thing lacking last time ) is now magnificent.David was great and I got to meet his lovely partner Caroline. David put us onto a local warung - exceptional value. Just starting to plan the next visit - don't think the husband will be content to stay at home though!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Natcham563
expatbali_9, Manager at Ellie's, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Many thanks for your review and your lovely comments, this reply is in fact a big shout out to all you lovely people that have stayed at Ellies over the last 7 years, many of you returning time and time again.
It has been bought to my attention that I only respond to the negative comments on Tripadvisor and its true that We should give prays and thanks to all of you that have left great reviews. at the end of the day the good reviews far out weigh the bad and it is all you lovely people that have visited Ellies that are encouraging future guests and keeping Little old Ellies alive.

So from all at Ellies THANK YOU, THANK YOU VERY MUCH INDEED :) see you all again soon we hope xx

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Ellie's is not a hotel! It's home... I am grateful to everyone at Ellie's because they made my stay enjoyable. Despite the cheap cost, Ellie's is definitely 5 star! The room is cleaned everyday, the breakfast is perfect to start the day, and most important to me is that every person working at Ellie's is warm and welcoming. With my four day stay at Ellie's, I never felt sleeping in a concrete box...everything is perfect!

Thank you to everyone at Ellie's! :)

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank pet_mendoza
england
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This year was my third visit to Bali and to Ellie's and it just gets better and better. This place is a little hidden gem of Bali. I almost don't want to write a review so I can keep it all to myself! I returned to Ellies in August 2012, Dave and Caroline the managers remembered me and it was almost like returning home. The room was still beautiful and the breakfast was still the most amazing breakfast I have had not only in Bali but I think in the whole world! I could of eaten pancakes breakfast lunch and dinner! This place is just perfect whilst I was there, there were families with children staying, couples honeymooning, lone travellers (like me) and paragliders. I mention paragliding as I discovered this fantastic thing whilst staying at Ellies. Dave the manager is a paragliding pilot and convinced me despite my fear of both flying and heights! To let him take me for a tandem flight and it was one of the most incredible experiences of my life! I can not describe it, it is like being a bird and seeing such a beautiful Island from the sky with no mopeds beeping at you, it is a priceless experience! I am returning back to Ellies next year and am taking my partner with me and pargliding is the first thing I am going to make him do (after the amazing breakfast of course!) I recommend this hotel to everyone, ten out of ten for everything! See you next year!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank dan009
Palmwoods, Australia
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Having to be in Nusa Dua so we could be close to friends, but not wanting to stay in their 5* resort, Ellie's as perfect. Ok its not the best location and the bathroom could do with some better lighting, however the pool, the breakfast and the staff more than make up for it. David was great and helped us overcome our fear of hiring mopeds, gave some brilliant recommendations for food and was generally a fantastic host.
If I had to stay in Nusa Dua again, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kate R
Arlington, VA
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed here last month and loved the place. David, the manager, is awesome and very responsive when emailing questions. He arranged drivers for us, etc. The rooms are really clean and the atmosphere is great (so is the breakfast!). Definitely recommend this place!

1 Thank notsoboraboring
The Entrance, Australia
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Fantastic friendly service. Neat & tidy comfortable room. great pool and great staff. Close to the road but because it is set back it is quite. It is just like a home away from home. Nothing seems to be to much trouble for the staff.
Good well priced food outlets nearby or you can order takeaway from nearby outlets and the staff will plate it up for you

1 Thank Phil-n-Anne
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 16, 2012

August 2012 my husband and I stayed at Eliie's with some other friends for a week. We have stayed in a large resort in Nusa Dua for 3 years running prior to this year. We loved it so much we and our friends have already booked again for next year.

Ellie's may be small but the service is big. Staff are very friendly and helpful. They gave us great tips on eating and travelling around the area.

Although just off a main road, Eliie's feels like a relaxing oasis.

Room Tip: If you have bad knees and find stairs difficult ask for ground floor unit.