We stayed in Kayumanis for a night on 27 January 2014 for our honeymoon as well as to celebrate my husband's birthday.
I have emailed the staff prior to my arrival to see if they can arrange a small birthday cake (which I was more than willing to pay).
Replies were prompt and they actually offered to provide a cake at no cost at all! On the day of check-in, they also prepared a heart-shaped cake for our honeymoon. While we were exploring our villa, all of the staff (yes, the butler, the driver, basically everyone!) came and sang my husband a birthday song and to offer their birthday wishes. It was a really nice and sweet gesture to mark this occasion! They even prepared rose petals in our bathtub!
The villa was well-equipped with a small kitchenette, minibar (with free drinks). Breakfast menu was splendid with a good spread to choose from. We ordered egg benedicts, truffle eggs, porridge, fruit platter, banana crepes. All of the food items were of restaurant standard definitely and overall presentation was unremarkable!
All of the staff are very very hospitable, including our driver and butler. While we were out for dinner, they actually make up our room and let down the veil of our bed. I am really impressed with their thoughtful service.
The minus point will be that the indoor shower area looks worn-out and some of the walls are stained near the bath area. There were also quite a number of mosquitoes around. However, they actually have mosquito repellants for our usage.
I have came across several articles about the staff in Bali were underpaid and service charge do not go to the staff at all. I hope Kayumanis is not one of them as the staff there are really one of the best I have ever met!
Good job Kayumanis!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kayumanis Nusa Dua Private Villa is a collection of exclusive adult orientated one and two bedroom villas, a honeymoon suite and owner's residence each nestled within its own secluded walled garden. With visual elements of traditional design depicted in the thatched roof work, the villas accentuate natural lighting and a sense of spaciousness emulating the Balinese concept of open style living. All villas feature semi-open bathing facilities complete with outdoor shower recess, a personal plunge pool edged by a sundeck and reclining lounges as well as ample space for outdoor dining and romantic interludes. To escape the monotony of standard hotel room accommodation, villas at Kayumanis are equipped with a modern kitchenette which can be used to cater to special dietary requirements or enjoy a leisurely breakfast prepared by one of our unobtrusive butlers. Guest facilities at Kayumanis include an expansive freeform swimming, Spa, private Beach Club, Tetaring Restaurant featuring a tantalizing blend of Western and South East Asian specialties, also Piasan Restaurant featuring an original Italian cooking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kayumanis Nusa Dua Private Villa & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kayumanis Private Villa & Spa At Nusa Dua Hotel Nusa Dua
- Kayumanis Private Villa And Spa At Nusa Dua
- Kayumanis Nusa Dua Private Villa & Spa Bali