“Short but very nice stay at Sofitel”

Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort
Ranked #10 of 53 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Shanghai, China
“Short but very nice stay at Sofitel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I just stayed 1night there, but had time to enjoyed both the beach and the magnificent pool (s). The personnel was very friendly, the food at the italian restaurant very good t(but not cheap !).
The only improvement I would suggest is to improve the breakfast organisation: there are different rooms for the buffet, mixed with the places where people seat : a bit messy !!
But all in all a great place to relax.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Christian M
SofitelBaliNusaDua, Manager at Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 10, 2014

Bonjour Selamat Siang!

Thank you for sharing your experience with your recent stay. We are glad to know you and your daughter had an enjoyable and relaxing stay at our resort even it was a short period. It is nice to hear you like our beach and pool areas, and friendly services rendered by our ambassadors.

Your constructive feedback regarding the breakfast area has been noted and will be shared with our restaurant manager. Rest assured this is a subject that we will definitely improve in the near future.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Director of Marketing & Communications

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (538)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

At first glance I am amazed by the whole setting, entrance, greeting, views etc. The check in took 1 hours since our rooms were not ready and we were told that our room was a "good" one so I was expecting something out of the ordinary. During our lengthy wait, we decided to have lunch at Kweezeen, their buffet was impressive, and I must be honest, everything I had was solid, especially their Indonesian dishes.

After lunch we thought maybe our rooms were already available for us, but then we had to wait another 15 minutes. We booked 2 rooms, 1 was ready, but the other was being rushed to be cleaned. Conveniently our rooms were next to each other, we went straight to room number 1 and upon heading towards it we passed the room (room 2) being cleaned, I was shocked to smell an extremely strong cigar/cigarette smoke. As if the previous guests had just been chain-smoking in there the whole time. I had requested a non-smoking room..so clearly my wishes were not addressed to. And not only that, my allergies are starting to act up, and currently I'm not breathing so easily. By the way, my expectations of a "good" room were not met. It's just a plain ordinary king bed room. sigh.

Walking towards the room, we begin to see the minor details. We see past through all the fluff and there are numerous faults. It felt as if the hotel was rushed to be finished, some columns were not painted evenly, flooring was still grimey and don't let me get started with the elevator. Its one of the most depressing elevators I have ever been in. Ugly outdated carpet, and a very odd wooden backdrop. I am just confused why they didn't put much thought in the elevator when they went all out in other areas...?

Upon entering room 2 after it was cleaned out, I did a quick run through and noticed that one of the glasses provided in the bathroom was on the verge of being broken. Which is a huge nono... If I didn't catch it I could've used it and probably cut my lip pretty badly. And after a long afternoon I decided to run a bath, after 15 minutes of waiting for it to fill, there was a large puddle forming on the right corner on the floor. The tub was leaking.... Oh and another thing...the phone in my room...yeah its not working, no one can call me nor can I call out.

Also, if your a light sleeper, forget about staying here. Im about to kill the one bird that is chirping outside my balcony at 1 am. I'm not sure why they did not soundproof the rooms or at least have double panel windows that would block any noise.

Anyway, I'm disappointed with you Sofitel. Your staff are still green and your workmanship below par.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank localfoodiechef

Bonjour Selamat Siang!

Thank you for letting us know of the issues with your last stay at our resort.

Your feedback on your encounter with the room with cigarettes smoke has been duly noted and we will put into our attention when allocating the rooms for our future guests. Since all rooms are non-smoking, thus, we missed to pay extra attention to your request and to double check the checkout rooms with cigarettes smoke, and put your request for adjacent rooms on top of our priority instead.

We will discuss these mentioned points with our management team. Please be assured that we take our commitment to guest satisfaction very seriously. We have responsibility to our guests to provide a safe, clean, quiet and comfortable environment. When this is disrupted, we are obligated to take immediate action.

We would like to thank you for your nice comments about the food at Kwee Zeen Restaurant, and for all of your constructive and detail feedbacks of our resort so that we will be able to improve the quality of the services we provide, and we value that you are able to share it with us. Should you wish you may directly contact us at dm@sofitelbalinusadua.com.

We hope to be able to serve you better and offer a true Sofitel experience in your next visit.

Ballarat, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

During our three week stay around Bali we came to visit the Sofitel twice. The hotel was not yet open when we booked our accommodation for this trip, however we were keen to see what we were missing out on and to book our accommodation for a return trip in June.

We were given a tour of the property and the different styles of rooms as we were interested to see the differences to help with our booking - we were very impressed and I don't think you would be disappointed in any room you choose to stay in all are incredibly well appointed and decorated. Perhaps the only criticism would be the size of the room to fit two suitcases and not feel crowded or cluttered they are not the normal big bali style we are used too.

The gym impressed my husband immensely with great equipment.

Grounds and pool and beach are fantastic you would be hard pressed to find better in Nusa Dua attentive staff unobtrusive security .

We dined at the hotel on two occasions the first time in the CCC Cut Catch Cucina we were the ONLY people eating here we thought we were dinning to early but after two hours it was still only us, we had entree main and desserts and two champagne flights and wines total bill 2305050 rp ( approx $230 aud) and you can't use your Accor advantage plus card here which was disappointing but the quality and presentation and service made up for that nasty surprise but with the prices I can see why the restaurant was empty - pity it was a great meal. Husband ordered an afogato and got a short black with a scoop of ice cream nicely stirred in - no frangelico we were just to embarrassed for them to tell them - oh dear.

We were advised that we could use the Accor card in kweezeen by staff so we returned two nights later and presented our card upon arrival. We enjoyed an amazing buffet asked for the bill and was told we could not use the accor card because it was Chinese New Year ( why weren't we told at the time how disorganised) We were disappointed and very annoyed the BUFFET WAS EXACTLY THE SAME there was nothing different to what we saw on offer from two nights ago but we did get an empty red envelope?????? Must mean something if your Chinese - we are not so felt ripped off paying $175 aud for a buffet 1 peach Bellini and two beers OMG - Sunday brunch at the ST REGIS cost less.

Both CCC and Kweezeen have no air con or it does not work makes for a sweaty uncomfortable meal. Staff are obviously very very keen to please but it can be unsettling to the point of distraction - that is a comment not a criticism and that will smooth out in time.

We had drinks in the bar upstairs great service but very overpriced.

It's a great hotel but food is just to expensive to make it enjoyable.

Room Tip: Lagoon access room looked great
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
SofitelBaliNusaDua, Manager at Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2014

Bonjour Selamat Siang!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are glad to know you had been given a tour of our property and you were impressed with our rooms. It is also nice to hear that we were able to impress your husband with our gym equipment.

We would like to apologize that you did not received good value for money on our F&B outlets. We have spent time in comparing prices, adjusting food prices, positioning ourselves in the market in the most competitive way, and those were done without compromising the quality. However your feedback is valuable to us therefore we will bring it to management’s attention for further review.

We look to welcoming you again in your next trip to Bali.

Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Our 4th trip to Bali. Mainly stayed in Tanjung Benoa area such as Conrad, Aston etc. This round picked a newly opened Sofitel during Chinese New Year period and stayed for 4 nights w 4-yr old, husband and in-laws in 2 king manifique deluxe rooms in the Angklung section.

Location
Beach front property w clear blue sea and fine sandy beach. Located in a secure lot with other hotels such as Club Med, Whiz etc.

Hotel
Room was spacious with great comfy baby cot which was much appreciated. Most 5-star hotels' cot was dismal to say the least. Well done but could be improved w a handy kids welcome kid (see Tubkaak Thailand for best kids' welcome ever!). The Cheeky Monkey kids' club wasn't the best chill out spot for kids as they as 3-party operated and is really a daycare centre. Lil hotel Guests are thrown in to a crowded 'club' with fee-based activities practically enforced. My child spend 1 miserable hour watching tv w a child minder and baby. I quickly took her out from there.

First 2 nights w hotel still not fully occupied we received full attention w early clean up (11am) vs 5pm during the busier period w influx of Chinese tourist during the lunar new year holiday. The lion dance was a nice festive touch. Back to service, the restaurant (only 2 are opened) was a tad slooow during breakfast, lunch and dinner! Even when we were one of the only 3 tables there. Don't quite understand why. The mediocre food was also overpriced.

The really bad

The walls are super thin or my
Neighbors are really loud that I endured 3 day&nights of snoring, chattering on the phone 7.30am, late night gambling.

Overall
Unless they fixed the walls unlikely I would return to this hotel which is a shame as it is beautiful with really friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2014

Bonjour Selamat Pagi!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay at Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our Luxury Room and the services rendered by our ambassadors. Your comments of our Kid’s Club have been noted and will be shared with the team to improve the activities offered by the facility. We apologize for the inconveniences caused by the sound from adjacent room next to yours. Your comfort is our main priority, therefore we will personally ensure the improvement to be done to fix the issues and to ensure the guarantee of the comfortable stay is offered to you and to other guests of our resort.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Jakarta, Indonesia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed there a couple of days ago. It was such a shame I had to encountered several issues on a short stay.

1. We were escorted to room 2120, which was not what I expected when I stay for one night. I rang reception tried to get another room but they said the only room left was still inspected for insect fumigation. Really? New big beautiful hotel does not have any single room for us to move?

2. I was shocked when I had to pay IDR.700.000 for the breakfast I ordered through room service a night before, since it was included in my room package. I was told by the room service staff, that I should go to the restaurant to had breakfast and he even told that I should have been informed on arrival. So what if people need to leave early before restaurant open at 7 in the morning?

3. I booked the accommodation by using my Le Club points and 10,000 points HAS BEEN REDEEMED from my account. The rest of IDR.458.000 was paid on arrival. I found they were seems confused with my reservation. And finally solved the next day after I had to rang them 4-5 times and always spoke to different staff to clarified this.

Totally disappointed. I thought I would get an enjoyable stay by being a Le Club Platinum member.

Room Tip: 2120 not a sea view room, request to get a room on a higher floors
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank girlfromjakarta

Bonjour Selamat Pagi!

It is with regret to hear that you had disappointing experience due to few issues encountered during your stay. We would like to express our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused. Your comments will be shared with related departments, as we could have been more organized in preparing your room on arrival and processing your Le Club points.

Please rest assured that these did not reflect Sofitel standard and improvements will be made to meet our guests’ expectations.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Had a nice stay at this property. The staff at the front office was excellent. The downside are: 1. Engineering just barged into my room without knocking or pressing the bell, despite the DND sign was on. 2. On check out day, housekeeping insist on checking the mini bar, again, despite the DND sign was on. They don't do that on check out day at Le Meridien Jimbaran where I stayed after checking out from Sofitel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank SteveKusuma

Bonjour Selamat Siang!

Thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay at Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort. We are happy to know that you like our property and services provided by our front office ambassadors.

Please accept our apology for the inconveniences during your stay. Rest assured that we always value our guests’ privacy and what happened did not reflect Sofitel standard. To deliver the best quality of service is our top most priority, thus, we will do our best to ensure our team members are all fully trained and they have full understanding of our standards and policies.

We hope to be able to serve you again in the future.