1. Hotel itself – we originally booked one bedroom suite with private pool and we were upgraded to one bedroom villa, for which we are very thankful. Villa was very nice and good size pool. Interesting part was the fact that it was only one bathroom considering how big it was. Overall not a major issue but when traveling with kids at least one additional ½ a bathroom would help. We looked at hotel suites as well and big advantage of those is the fact that they are right above the ocean – extremely nice view. The negative aspect is that suite pools were constantly in the shade, I can only imagine how cold the water was. Hotel itself is very spacious and has limited number of suites and villas which is great b/c you have a lots of privacy. Currently there are some constructions going on but I must admit other than spa being build right in the main area it was not bother to us and noise was not existing (our a/c was louder than any building noise).
2. Beach and pools/ facilities – we were extremely disappointed in how beach looked like – to put in simple terms, it was dirty. Plenty of plastic, old shoes, empty bottles and garbage. One day there were some people pretending to clean it but in all fairness at the speed they were moving, it explains a lot about hotel still not being finished – this was probably biggest disappointment. They were digging holes in the sand and putting garbage inside,,, seemed strange considering tide comes in and uncovers all garbage but maybe there is a reason for it,,,, The main pool was very nice but water was in my opinion very very cold, our villa’s pool water was bit warmer which was a plus.
3. Staff- the biggest advantage of this hotel. Extremely helpful, genuine and simply great. Everyone from guy helping us with kayaks to butler team everyone was absolutely great. What we really liked about the staff besides being the most helpful people on the face of the earth, was the fact that you could tell/ask anyone whatever your particular need is and is taken care for, you don’t have to look for right person or they are not trying to tell you who to go to but rather they dealing with it internally. Thank you to butler team especially Jay-Z.
4. Food – very good food, great breakfast. We didn’t have all inclusive as we wanted to eat outside and explore local restaurants, which in our opinion turned out very good as there are plenty of great food within cab ride. We had dinner one time in their Italian restaurant and it was excellent. We also met executive chef as we did small cooking class which was a great fun.
5. Location of the property – there is a lot of constructions outside Samabe gates. Immediate to the left there are new hotels being build (apparently one of them is Ritz Carlton), although there is no bother for guest of Samabe but the whole road leading to Samabe was quite ugly due to constructions everywhere and lack of walkways. I am quite sure that in few years when Ritz finishes constructions, this would be great area. For now, forget about walking anywhere but taxis are plenty and cheap.
To summrize on the scale of 1-5 the staff is 5 stars, property at current state 4 stars, location 4 stars, facilities 3 stars (mostly due to dirty beach), surrounding area 1 star.
I believe that area has a great potential once all constructions are done in the area and hotel is finished.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samabe Bali Suites & Villas is a Bali beach luxury resort situated in southern Nusa Dua, Bali, only 30 minutes from Bali's International Airport. 81 suites and villas stand within the 8-hectare land, making Samabe one of the Bali luxury resorts with lowest inventory of rooms. Standard benefits or "Limited Privileges" include daily breakfast, daily afternoon tea, unlimited use of non-motorized water sport, complimentary Wi-Fi access, 24-hour butler service, and more. Upgrade to "Unlimited Privileges" - the resort's signature luxury All-Inclusive package, and a list of premium benefits will be added, including daily 24-hour selection of gourmet/organic/Asian/Mediterranean cuisine, daily cocktail hours from 05:00pm till midnight, daily one Samabe signature activity, and many more. Samabe Bali Resort & Villas also features 2 restaurants, 2 bars, a wedding chapel, meeting rooms, gym & fitness center, and an outdoor swimming pool overlooking the vast beauty of the Indian Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Samabe Bali Suites & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samabe Bali Suites & Villas Nusa Dua