“Excellent new resort”

Ranked #6 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Houston, Texas
“Excellent new resort”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have stayed in Samabe resort for six nights. Because it was just a soft opening the resort was not 100 percent occupied, which suite us the best. We felt like being alone on whole Nusa Dua. The good thing about this resort:
1. The staff is very attentive and helpfull
2. My wife does not speak any English so the knowledge of Russian by our butler - Mr. Duwa was very helpfull.
3. We purchased the unlimited privileges ( all inclusive) and never regret about it, because hotel had organized a few activities we did not not have to pay for, plus the restaurants at the resort are very good. We believe that the chief deserves a Michelin Star. We tried almost whole menu and everything was very delicious. The only thing we wish that the wine list could be more extensive. The choices were limited and some of the good wines were not covered by our unlimited privileges and we have to pay for it. According to the resort policy the free alcohol for the people who have the unlimited privileges is available from 1700 to 2400, which was not a big deal for us.
4. The beach is very private and relatively clean, however it is 170 steps down from the resort.
5. Our room was very spacious and had a nice view of the ocean.
6. Room was clean, in spite of the construction that was still going on.
7. My wife had massage every day in our room and was extremely happy. The staff was very good. Unlimited privileges include one massage per person per day.
Overall, we were very happy with this resort and planning to return back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Bakinec
Ralf L, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Our Valued Guest,

Greetings from Bali!

Thank you for setting your valuable time sharing about your recent experience staying at Samabe Bali Resort & Villas. Thank you for your kind word, but most of all we are pleased to learn that you had a wonderful holiday. We appreciate your feedback regarding our wine list and cocktail hours, which was part of your Unlimited Privileges package. Please rest assured that we keep improving ourselves in order to give our guests the most memorable experience. Last but not least, thank you for considering to stay with us again in the future. The whole family of Samabe Bali Resort & Villas will look forward to welcoming you back!

Yours sincerely,
Ralf Luthe, General Manager at Samabe Bali Resort & Villas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just came back from a two night stay at this brand new resort. Since this is a business trip, I didn't get to enjoy the pool or any of the restaurants but the room in itself is good enough.

I stayed at a Ocean View suite and as previous reviewers mentioned, it's literally in front of the ocean. the blue ocean is the first thing you see every morning you wake up. room is huge, with the bathtub placed in the very front so when you bath, you got a full view of the ocean. Bed is comfy, the complimentary beach bag, fan, and heads are nice touches too.

When checked in, the butler took time to explain the facilities of the room which is great. Mini-bar is complimentary with soda, water and juice. Since I have to leave early every morning, I didn't bother to go to the restaurant and eat breakfast. I just ordered in room services, which is also included. You also have the option to change the breakfast to set lunch as well.

they also have a very nice refreshing room for guests to hang out after check out, with free made to order juices, which is another great touch.

While all staff are friendly, smiling and welcoming, there is room for improvement for its service. For my first night, there is no turn down services, which is odd for a 5-star, seems that they have forgot. On the second day, I ordered breakfast the night before, asked them to be delivered at 9am. they called me at 7am on the second day, woke me up just to reconfirm my order, I was not impressed.

Anyhow, apart from the minor hiccups, this hotel is fabulous. Once all facilities are up and running (such as the spa), I would definitely like to visit again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank KcatHK
Dear KcatHK,

Greetings from the Island of the Gods!

Thank you for choosing Samabe Bali Resort & Villas for your recent stay in Bali, and we appreciate your valuable feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed most of your time in our brand new beach resort despite the hiccups you experienced. We apologize that our staff missed to turn down your suite on your first night, and we are sorry about the miscommunication regarding your breakfast delivery. I have addressed these matters to each of the related departments, and please rest assured that the same errors will not reoccur in the future.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again!

Yours sincerely,
Munich, Germany
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Thanks to the whole Samabe crew, this has got to be one of my top 3 holidays over the past 10 years, and I have been traveling a lot.

Initially when I booked I was worried because I saw that this was a new resort, and instinctively, I did my prior research and asked a lot of questions through emails to the Samabe office in order to make sure I didn't spend my money to have a holiday on a construction site...

Thankfully, all my emails were answered within a short time and they thoroughly convinced me that it was the right choice to spend my money booking with this new hotel. Looking back now, I can only say that this was the right choice and the hotel is perfect; from the exquisite food to the impeccable butler service to the Ocean view pool villa I stayed in.

Big mention to the friendly employees; from the security staff to the butler, we were greeted with a friendly smile and greeting. I'd been to Bali before, but we booked for 2 days with an attachment butler, in order to bring us around for good shopping, good outside dining and full days tour as I was traveling with friends who had never been to Bali before. With him we learned all about Bali in a very short time. I will recommend this place to all my family and friends and as for myself, I will be back as soon as I can and I am looking forward to become a Samabe family member

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank SebVet25
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from us at Samabe Bali Resort & Villas!

First of all, thank you for choosing Samabe as part of your recent holiday. We are truly honored that you consider us to be one of your top three holidays. Your compliments have been passed on to my staff, and we will keep improving ourselves to be able to give our guests a memorable Bali getaway.

Thank you again for your kind word. We will look forward to welcoming you back again to our resort!

Singapore
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I chanced upon Samabe's website while searching for a comfortable beachside resort to bring my family to for 5 days. Was debating between the Westin Nusa Dua (reputed for being kid-friendly) and this brand-new resort (Samabe had no reviews on any website yet, including Trip Advisor), but finally decided on taking a chance at staying at this yet unknown resort.

Credit goes to the Asst Reservation Manager, Putu Sri Cynthia, who patiently answered my many email enquiries (I was very particular cos I was bringing my young kids along on this trip), and 2 days before I was due to arrive, she actually called me personally to assure me and make sure my expectations were aligned with what the hotel could offer during their soft opening. She explained that the Kids Club wasn't open yet, and that the non-motorised sports (except kayak) wasn't available yet too. But the 2 restaurants, gym, main pool and hospitality lounge were ready. Receiving an "assurance call" from such a patient, warm and friendly lady definitely sealed the deal for me. I figured if the Asst Reservation Manager made the effort to make an overseas call to a potential customer who was only booking one room, then customer service must be priority for them. And boy was i right!

We arrived after a short flight from Singapore. I had informed the resort that I would be arriving at night as my flight only landed at 7+ in the evening. When we arrived at the resort around 9, we were warmly welcomed with friendly smiles and refreshing drinks. We were very blessed to get a room upgrade to an ocean view villa which was very luxurious and spacious for my family. We enjoyed the villa and main pool so much that we hardly saw the need to leave the resort. In fact my kids spent several hours in the pool daily, just relaxing and having fun. The main pool area was absolutely beautiful cos it was located on a cliff beside the sea, with its roaring waves and azure waters. Maybe it was the soft opening so the resort wasn't operating at full occupancy. We felt like the whole resort belonged to us cos we hardly saw other guests. Somehow they weren't there at the pool when we were. The main pool area is made of 3 adjoining smaller pools. One is about 90cm deep, while the other 2 are 1m deep. They do not have a wading pool for kids, but if your kids have floats or life vests, then the pools would be suitable for their use.

ROOMS:
We had a look at the Ocean View suite. It was spacious and had 2 queen beds or a huge king bed (depends on yr needs). The special thing about these suites are that from the balcony you have a panoramic ocean view and can hear the waves below your balcony. It is not just a distant view of the ocean like what most hotels offer when they state "sea view". These suites are located on building built on the cliff just beside the sea. I might have chosen this suite if I didn't have my kids with me. But with my kids, we preferred a more spacious room layout with our own pool and patio.

The ocean view pool villa we stayed at was further from the sea, but we could still see the ocean from a distance. It was a pretty sight to just gaze out at the blue waters from our patio daily. The villa had everything you needed. They provide more than sufficient bottled water for your drinking needs, and even provided small bottles in the bathroom for brushing your teeth with. There was a complimentary minibar in the room filled with various soft drinks for your daily consumption. Even the stationery set provided more than just your standard pencil, paper and envelope. They thoughtfully provided glue, a stapler, ruler and even a torchlight if you so needed. You hardly need to bring any toiletries to the resort too cos the resort provided the necessities like shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion. Even an electric mosquito repellent was plugged in when we arrived. The hospitality manager must be someone who is very detailed and who puts himself in the customer's shoes. We loved the villa very much. It was luxurious, clean, spacious and extremely comfortable. A lot of thought went into the design of the villa, and no expenses were spared seeing the Grohe bath fittings and Toto sanitary fittings.

FOOD:
We looked forward to breakfast every morning because we could order from the a la carte menu, and every dish was served fine dining style. We especially loved the sushi, the mini wagyu steak and eggs, the egg benedict, as well as the banana fritters. My daughter loved the smoked salmon and premium sausages from the buffet offering and ate them every day. Loved the vitamin 'shots' and fresh juices and smoothies that were made only when we ordered.
Ate at Rempah Rempah for dinner once, The pizzas and carbonara pasta (this was not on the menu) were delicious. But the nasi goreng was ok only. I think the restaurant fares better on western food than local food.

Ordered a mushroom pasta dish for my son from Crystal Ocean Grill once too. It was delicious but because it was fine dining portion, it was too little as a main dish for my son.

One feedback on the restaurants' offering would be to be aware that if they intend to market themselves as a kid-friendly resort, then they need to consider offering kid-friendly meals for lunch and dinner. For lunch (Rempah Rempah restaurant does not serve lunch) they only offered the room service menu of burgers and fries. Otherwise you had to order from Crystal Ocean Grill which serves more expensive fine dining style food at fine dining portions. If you don't wish to eat at the hotel for lunch or dinner, you could get a complimentary ride out to the Nusa Dua area/Bali Collection for a meal. Or visit the nearby Mulia, St Regis or Nikko resorts which seems to have good food too.

SERVICE:
Before I end my review, I thought I should show my appreciation to the Butlers, the GROs, and the waiters who are the "life" of the resort. without these customer-oriented and genuine staff, I don't think Samabe would be different from any other 5-star resort in Bali. Special thanks goes to Yanti and Chez who served us graciously when we arrived, and who never fail to smile and greet us every day when we see them. Also to butlers Jay and Opan who tirelessly made sure our needs were met, and attended to our every request. I also noticed several attentive staff in the restaurant, like Supervisor Wayan, and waiters Wahju, Noni and Made. They stood out for being very attentive and personal in serving us. I understand that some pf the staff like Wahju and Noni are contract staff. I think it would be a shame to let them go after the contract ends. They provided exceptional, personalised service and will defnitely be an asset!

Lastly before I end my very long review, I must say that at first, I was intrigued by Samabe's slogan "Arrive as a guest, depart as a friend, return as family". I thought that that was quite a daring slogan to make, but after having stayed there for 5 days, I can understand why it is so. I have never gone back to the same hotel or resort to stay twice, but I can certainly foresee myself coming back here again as "family". Kudos to Samabe on the success of your soft opening. I sincerely wish you greater success as you work towards your grand opening and beyond.

Room Tip: If staying in an ocean pool villa, ask for those which are nearer the main pool with unblocked views...