“Great hotel and amazing staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of VOUK Hotel & Suites

VOUK Hotel & Suites
Ranked #35 of 49 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Helsinki
“Great hotel and amazing staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed in Mantra 3 nights and that was wonderful experience. I have never been in a hotel where is such a good service and nice staff.

First one example of this hospitality. About 20-years old guy who work in "car-lobby" name Zara ( don´t know how to write his name correctly) was extremely helpful. My brand new watch was broken and I bought that from Legian- Kuta. Zara make calls to Rip Curl shop and really tried to solve my warranty problems. Eventually I got new watch and that was delivered to Mantra. It was nice to see that someone was so good in customer service. All the time try do his best. That kind of worker is extremely valuable to the Mantra. Big thanks to him.

Also my wife got very sick during our stay and 6am I need to get to the pharmacy. Immediately guy from the reception gave me a ride to town and we got some medicine. Also staff from the restaurant take care of my wife and serve her excellent food to our room. They really want to help us and we really appreciated that.

These are just a few examples how friendly staff was. I just want to say to Mantra´s manager that you have hired excellent employee and give big thanks to them from us. (maybe small salary-bonus to staff :)

I recommend this hotel to everyone. Pool area is very nice and and gym was also good enough. Clean and nice room and quite large also. Shuttle bus to Bali collection work well and also taxi was cheap and easy to take. If you go to Nusa Dua ,try this hotel. Regards from Finland

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jaakko1984

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Penang Island, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I had a great stay in Mantra Nusa Dua Hotel during my business trip in Nusa Dua.
The staffs are polite.

I would like to share my experience as below:
1. Airport pick-up.
My flight landed delay in Bali Airport (Ngurah Rai) Denpasar – Indonesia about 30 minutes. And due to the chaos and congested inside the airport. I managed to meet my hotel pick-up guy about 2 hours behind the schedule. I saluted to his professional service.

2. Hotel Condition and service.
Good and glad with the room.

3. Minor issues.
The 4th days of my stay in the hotel. My room was leaking water from the ceiling when I back to my room after the exhibition at late of noon.
However, the front counter managed to send their guy to fix it within 30 minutes.
It is a credit for them due to the fast respond time.

4. The Chef.
Thanks to the chef in Rasa Restaurant.
The chief customized me a dinner that is suit my stomach on my 4th days in Bali.
I had the fried and spicy foods since my first day. I was really unable to stand it for my following day in Bali with the spicy foods any more.

Suggestion to the hotel management: --
Hotel should do minor renovation about every 9 to 12 months due to the wear and tear stuffs.
Such as paint and stain of steel in the bathroom. It helps to parallelize the room rate with the standard of hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the restaurant (breakfast area) if you would like to wake-up late in the mornin...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank WaynePGMY
MantraNusaDuaBali, General Manager at VOUK Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear WaynePGMY,

Thank you for your detailed feedback on your recent experience at our hotel. We are pleased to learn that you found our service to be prompt and friendly, and that you enjoyed the customized menu created by our Chef. Hotel maintenance is certainly a focus for us and we continue with our ongoing room perfect program to ensure its quality.

We hope to welcome you back to Mantra Nusa Dua when your travel brings you back to Bali.

Best regards,

Gary Rosen
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great start at check in staff was very nice, executed the check in professionally. Initial impression very nice hotel design. Room great size, nice balcony........ Room had unpleasant smell, lots of residual paint, glue, cement etc from opening. Bathroom not cleaned well, sink dirty, shower cubicle, soap dish. Dinner restaurant limited menu, and the 1 item I wanted not available and was not much left if vegetarian. Desert was great, breakfast very good, great coffee. Staff were great, shame the product in such bad condition consider only just opened. Pool very nice..... Had issues with room service sandwich not as described - major components missing disappointing..... Shower does drain properly, pools at the side, pressure mot great. Housekeeping disappointing no attention to detail

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Hippiechick88
Dear Hippiechick88,

Thank you for your review and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, especially the promptness of the check-in process and the service level provided by our team members. We are sorry to learn that certain areas of your recent experience with us somewhat fell below your expectations. Please be assured that we remain committed to delivering a high quality of service and continuing to maintain our property.

We appreciate your detailed feedback, which will help us to take the necessary actions. I sincerely hope that we will have another opportunity to rectify this and show our true service potential.

Best regards,

Gary Rosen
Singapore River, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

the location is a little far from the regular tourist spots, but you can't get better quality service anywhere else except in this hotel. The staff were personable, helpful and too great pains to ensure you had a great vacation. Even when our tv was not working at 12am, their repair staff were at the door in 10 mins to fix the problem! and there were only smiles all around.
Loved the hotel, loved the staff and loved the holiday that was made more memorable because of them. Oh, but for water sports lovers, tanjong benoi is just ten minutes away by cab.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ArchnaPerera
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed 14 nights in this hotel for our honeymoon in August and we loved our stay.
The staff took really good care of us, everybody calls you by your name and they all tried to make our stay unforgettable. We were really happy to have chosen this hotel for our honeymoon, we had wine, cocktails and food offered when we arrived as we were on honeymoon, which we really appreciated.
The hotel is new, the swimming pool is really nice and relaxing, the rooms are luxurious, beds are comfortable, bathrooms are really nice and modern, you can enjoy a nice terrace with a good view (we tried the basic one which was already very very good and the suite which was amazing), the gym is good and the breakfast is excellent. Room service is also very good (although a bit expensive compared to restaurant's prices in Bali but it's like that in all the hotels) and you can also play pool next to the bar.
There's also a chauffeur that can drive you to the beach two minutes away, where Mantra has beds and you'll be able to enjoy cheap massages.

We were very happy of our stay and would definitely recommend it to anyone. We would love to come back in the future.

Room Tip: The best rooms are on the 3rd floor, that's where you'll get the best view but 2nd floor is...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bendebs
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Since my last review (3rd from the bottom), I did indeed booked for all my wedding guests (about 40) to stay at Mantra Nusa Dua. Initially I was a bit hesitant as the hotel is new, and not sure about its events co-ordination, but after a few emails with Alicia from Mantra, I knew I was in good hands.

All of our guests enjoyed the stay, many happily surprised by the size of their rooms. Alicia also did her best to put my guests close to each other for ease of access. The front desk was very hard working, I think they have valeted parked my car on average 4 times a day, yet always so polite with a smile. The security at the gate always thoroughly checks the car, doing their duty. Breakfast is very nice, there is a switch between ala-carte and buffet at time(may be based on number of in house guests).

I will like to thank Mantra, especially Alicia and George for co-coordinating this and taking all my last minute changes, and the rest of the staff for making it happen. Thank you for helping to make my wedding a success.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank yarmun
Watford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Excellent hotel, very friendly staff, good food, spa in hotel is excellent worth every penny , massage was amazing. Room and bathroom is very big spacious , love the bed on balcony
It's been a pleasure to stay at Mantra Hotel well recommended. Our week there gone too quick
We would like to also thanks Mr. Didik the manager for every help

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mahogany Hotel
#19 of 49 in Nusa Dua
4.5 of 5 stars 206 reviews
Swiss-Belhotel Segara Resort & Spa

Been to VOUK Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!