WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Mulia Villas

Mulia Villas
Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Singapore, Singapore
“Long weekend at Mulia Villas, Bali”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

Fantastic private villa stay at Mulia Villas. The combined property of hotel and villas is huge with 500+ hotel rooms and probably not my normal hotel profile of choice. Too big....but the villa stay provides exclusive service and privacy which exceeded our expectations. Plus the access to well equipped gym, wellness centre and a great Sunday brunch at Soleil when needed. The villa itself has great amenity....outside shower was fun, large whirlpool, sundeck and sala lounging options with good views day and night. The BBQ in our garden and sala was a great way to end the trip and recommended rather than eat "out".

Room Tip: If choosing a villa.....higher up the hill provides good views and privacy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Andrew C
The M, Manager at Mulia Villas, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Andrew C,

Thank you for choosing Mulia Villas Nusa Dua Bali and taking time to share your comments with us. We are delighted that you were impressed with both our facilities and services. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

I stayed for three nights at Mulia Villas and my experience is really remarkable. I must appreciate the humbleness, service promptness and the incomparable etiquettes of the entire staff and crew. The butlers especially the Gafour and Harish were very nice. It is definitely one of the best property that I stayed in. World class ambience and location. SPA is very nice with trained therapists and wonderful amenities. It surely has the capabilities of being listed on top in the list of best luxury properties in the world. While you leave, all the staff saying bye to you, each passing by staff greets you… simply overwhelming. The other side of the experience is that it is a bit expansive and inflexible in their offers/plans. The food variety in Café restaurant which is for normal resort rooms is much more than the limited variety available for the Lounge and Living room which are especially made for Villa guests. Very surprising!! They charge even for the calls that did not go through. Their exchange rate is higher than the normal rates. But overall one can surely visit Mulia Villas for an out of the world luxury vacation.

Room Tip: One can take ocean view Mulia Suites, if not very particular about having swimming pool inside the v...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
The M, Manager at Mulia Villas, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Raj2021,

Jakarta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

The experience of my three night stay at Mullia Villas in Nusa Dua was just astounding. I had to extend another three night with the special offer that they gave. I can vouch and say that Mulia Villas is easily the best hotel there is in Bali as advertised. They certainly deserve the social media exposure that they have been enjoying.

I have never found a hotel crew that are more friendly and capable of serving only top quality services. I would definitely visit back Mulia Villas if i ever have another family/business trip to Bali. I would certainly encourage anyone to try their stay in Mulia Villas for a better and more enjoyable vacation / trip :).

Room Tip: Mulia Villa One Bedroom with Ocean View with a more elevated areas.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank DelvinTanputra
The M, Manager at Mulia Villas, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear DelvinTanputra,

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed here before moving on to The Laguna. As everyone reports, the Mulia Villas is new, sparkling clean and very modern. Alas, this left us feel cold and sterile--like we were staying in a high priced apartment complex. There was very little "Balinese" about it and little use of traditional wood. It could have been in Tokyo and, indeed, reminded me of some outstanding hotels in Tokyo and Singapore. Sadly, it isn't Bali. I wouldn't return for this reason.

Room Tip: All are nice. No need to go for anything special, as you will like what you get.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
13 Thank expatdave77
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I've chosen Mulia based on TA review and extraordinary amount of its recent social media exposure.

Been stayed at several Luxury resorts in Bali not once, not twice but many times, I was not putting my hope up high. However Mulia really impressed not myself also mum who visited Bali first time.

We stayed in a ocean view villa up higher and without too much noise which is just what Mum wanted. This is a great choice if you are taking your parents who does not want a jam packed itinerary or touring activities. The villa and resort area is huge you can either stay in your villa or explore a bit further towards the resort and beach area.

Our two butlers are extremely helpful and very attentive with just enough privacy. They have helped with getting the perfect day tour, arranging express airport services etc. Mum being a vegetarian and myself being gluten free has had a lot of choices of food and drink.

If I really have to fault on one thing it would have to be the display and check out pricing. I booked the stay based on USD online, and was given an express check out summary in USD the day before check out. However, the actual final invoice was in Rupiah and then convert USD in card transaction...a bit of confusion and would have been better in a unified currency.

Room Tip: Ocean view villa
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank Natalie X
The M, Manager at Mulia Villas, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Natalie X,

Thank you very much for your generous compliments and for taking the time to share your holiday experience. We are much honored to have received such a positive review and it has been a pleasure to have you as our guest. Your comment will be shared to the team and we hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to Mulia Villas – Nusa Dua, Bali in the not too distant future again.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

I have stayed in many hotels around the world and the Mulia is a total experience in every way. We stayed in a pool villa and were treated like royalty and the butler service staff are the best. Staff and experience excellent

Room Tip: The villas excellent. The Mulia pool lagoon access fantastic. The resort excellent of families and h...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

The M, Manager at Mulia Villas, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Andrea C,

Perth, Western Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

Let me just start by saying that we decided upon this resort and more importantly the villas based purely on the positive reviews by the Tripadvisor community.
From our initial third party booking to our checkout there was little at all to fault, really nothing at all.
We booked our transport direct with the resort and it was on time and with the exact model of vehicle we pre-selected to be transported by. This was very clean and very professional driver. I have personally been to Bali over 20 X and this was the best transport I have had to and from a hotel.
Upon check-in (arrival 11.30am) we were informed that our villa was not yet ready (unfortunately) and we opted to grab some lunch from the Living Room. Very secluded and only available to villa guests. Service was great, yet expensive for even Bali (but we expected this across the calibre of accommodation). When staying in the Villa's you can choose to have your breakfast and afternoon tea here or at the Lounge which is located in the suite wing by the beach and is for sole use of only suite or villa guests. The Lounge was our favourite and the service levels of the staff here in my opinion were by far the best of what was already a pretty high level across the resort. I must make special mention of "Surya", the fantastic server and overall good guy that waited upon us on several occasions at The Lounge - ( I hope I have spelt his name right). I will go as far to say that he gave my wife and I the most professional and genuine service I have ever received, at ANY HOTEL, ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. This is your superstar employee and all that dine at The Lounge should hope they get him. This takes nothing away from the generally fantastic service others talk about.
I will point out though that whilst we visited the resort section of the hotel I noticed a very apparent difference in the level of this service, now although good in the resort it is far superior in all aspects at The Lounge and The Living Room. Others may differ but it was apparent to us and worth noting for those that look for the best of the best.
Our vone bedroom villa we was given was by all accounts the best ocean view villa they have and it was comparable to any excellent resort suite we have stayed in Bali. The stand out was the spa, with the bigger than normal pool, the fantastic automated toilet (yes, I mentioned the toilet) and the excellent butler service we received from both Lukky and Ardi. The English spoken by the both of them was excellent and made for easy communication.
The one thing and it is minor is that we felt the restaurants were not as good as the rest of the resort. What I mean is that for this resort they should have restaurants that better communicate dress standards and not allow children to play video games at loud volumes in their signature restaurants (this happened at both Edogin and Solei). It was obvious couples and small groups were also not amused. These restaurants are expensive and I know it is a resort but having people unaware and wearing suits etc on one table trying to enjoy the ambience of such a wonderful resort and then have people whom I agree are there to relax dining in shorts, thongs and t-shirts is proof that communication of dress code does not translate well.
The only other negative was that our last night was Table 8 opening night (this is the Chinese restaurant) and we were expecting a fitting finale to our stay with a nice meal, but it felt like we were in Sizzler. On opening night you expect a few issues but when we went to order after looking at the comprehensive menu for nearly 15 mins we did not expect our server to come back and say that the pork belly would not be available on that particular set (even though it was listed as a signature dish). We opted to leave at that time and try Solei for a more relaxing ambience but unfortunately although better was not perfect. The food, the service was good, albeit pricey as I mentioned earlier.
Also, ringing room service we encountered a few communication issues when I wanted to order a drink off the menu. I wanted a Pina Colada presented in a coconut but after numerous calls and time waiting simply gave up and requested just a Pina Colada in a glass as this was easier. Maybe this was just a communication error but maybe after three attempts they could have gone to a supervisor or manager with better English - anyhow minor and didn't affect our wonderful stay, but is a valid point to make if you are attempting to order anything off the menu.
The grounds are wonderful and can 100% declare that this property is wonderful and has all the ingedients to make this the number #1 place to stay whilst in Bali. Far better than the St.Regis, W, Bulgari, Four Seasons, Chedi, Ayana etc - if considering these - stay here and you will not be disappointed with your decision.
I almost forgot:) The Spa - it is very nice, good treatment rooms etc but is very expensive, probably the most expensive we have seen in Bali, Thailand, Japan, Hong Kong actually anywhere.

Room Tip: Get the Ocean View Villa #5321 for the best view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple