The Bale
  • Breakfast included
Mulia Villas(Nusa Dua)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsfaces restaurantday bedprivate pooldeluxe villaour honeymoonoutdoor showerbeach clubboutique resortcandlelight dinnertapas restaurantfriendly drivergeger beachabsolute blisscooking classmin drivemain poolthe nusa dua area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 20, 2014

From the moment of pick up to the drop off at airport this holiday was perfect. The service was amazing and the staff were very good at their jobs. The bungalow was everything I expected with a wonderful bathroom and lovely pool. It was very private and we'll looked after.
I had a lovely three days using all the facilities on offer. The breakfast menu was vast and I had trouble making my decision but each different breakfast was yummy.
The next time I return I will definitely be with my boyfriend, he will not be working, as it is a perfect romantic getaway for couples.
Thank you for a lovely holiday.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Luke H, General Manager at The Bale, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Hi ThomsonH81, thank you for your review and your wonderful heading. We are very proud of what we provide and while not perfect, we certainly strive to give our guests the best possible experience. Even though you were flying solo on this occasion I am glad you were able to relax, unwind and enjoy everything on offer, it will just make everything more enjoyable next time when you can do it all over again with your boyfriend. Our experience begins upon arrival which is a very important aspect to get right as it sets the tone for the remainder of the stay. Once this is right, the spacious villas with own private plunge pools and most importantly our team then speaks for itself. When you can return with your boyfriend, we look forward to welcoming you back and if I can assist in making this happen then feel free to liaise with me directly luke.harley@thebale.com so I can ensure your experience is matched if not exceeded given the expectations you now have. Kind regards - Luke Harley

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Probably the best villa I've stayed in Bali - and I've stayed in quite a few. Service was impeccable and they were very accommodative of our requests - we really felt very pampered during our stay. The breakfast was also great. Lots of delicious food to choose from. Villa was in great condition and beautiful - you will never want to leave your villa. Will definitely return.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vindik
Luke H, General Manager at The Bale, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Hi Vindik and thank you for your review. It is wonderful receiving a heading like "Superb" from someone with previous Bali experience and from someone who has provided numerous postings like yourself. We are very proud of our product and our guest experience, there is a lot of belief in what we do and we try for this to be felt by our guests. It is discreet/subtle service due to our design with the environment we promote, but it is quick, professional and genuine when required. I am glad you are looking at returning and we will be here to ensure you have another memorable Bale experience. If I can assist in making this happen, feel free to liaise with me directly luke.harley@thebale.com so I can be personally involved in welcoming you back. Kind regards - Luke Harley

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We arrived at the Bale on the 8th of March for a 2 night getaway, a couple of weeks after our wedding. Here's the bad part... Our stay there was wayyyy too short!

The Bale is an extremely well-run villa and my wife and I had a great time. The staff were very helpful in providing us top notch service, helpful tips around the area, even driving us around Nusa Dua when we needed to get some stuff. The breakfast was really nice and we chose to have it in our villa itself, on the daybed next to the pool.

The beach is about 5 minute walk away from the villa, which has a section dedicated for the Bale's guests. They even provide us with body mist, sun screen and cold water. Great stuff!

We had a little issue with the airconditioning in our room (it got quite hot and stuffy), but the staff were excellent in dealing with it. We had to call them twice to fill in the freon, and when it seemed evident that the aircon was indeed not in working order, they bumped us up into another much bigger villa the next day, which was much appreciated.

All in all, we would love to stay here again in our future Bali trip. I would recommend this villa to anyone (and already have told my friends about it). We would like to thank the Bale's team for providing us such great service. Great work! Cheers

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sal S
Luke H, General Manager at The Bale, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear SalS, thank you for visiting us from Jakarta. We enjoy looking after our local market and glad you found our product to be beautiful. We are 13 years young now, with a very strong and ongoing preventative maintenance program in place to ensure our product can stand up to the significant elements we encounter. This feedback is very well received by our engineering team who conduct this work consistently and often because they are behind the scenes, do not get enough of the praise they are deserving of. It is a team effort with back of house as important as front of house and across the board the team are very friendly to everyone they encounter because they enjoy where they work! We are far from perfect and sometimes unforeseen circumstances do present themselves in the villas, but the recovery and nature of how the team go about this is important and they do it very well with such care and genuine concern, to ensure it is fixed and ultimately our guests are happy. I apologise I did not get to meet with you as I was out of the country but do hope we can welcome you back to enjoy another experience and I can personally welcome you back accordingly. If I can assist in making this happen, please make contact with me directly luke.harley@thebale Kind regards - Luke Harley

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We visited The Bale for 5 nights in March arriving and departing thoroughly impressed by the level of service and beautiful accommodation. Our villa was completely private and seemingly oriented to maximise the sun to enjoy the garden and pool throughout the day – if our villa were anything to go by you cannot be disappointed.

Faces restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner whilst you can also lunch at the main pool area or dine at Tapas Bar/Restaurant; Breakfast is a la carte and can be served in room for no extra charge which we opted for daily – it was always perfect. The prices for food and drink were more than acceptable with the minibar being replenished free of charge daily for most soft drinks. We chose to eat out during the evening - if just to keep check of reality - which the Bale staff will help to book and arrange transport for – transport is provided free of charge.

We did not venture to the beach and there is a main pool although we never saw any other guests using it. Various excursions are available including diving and visits to other areas of Bali – we had visited Lovina Beach & Ubud in our previous week so planned to relax here. We visited the Spa which was also faultless and competitively priced.

It has to be said that The Bale succeeds where many other resorts can disappoint in balancing truly world class service and great design with an intimate experience yet whilst maintaining acceptable pricing and a staff who are attentive, professional and more importantly personable all resulting in a unique and memorable stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BenMasters
Luke H, General Manager at The Bale, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Hi BenMasters and thank you for visiting us from Leeds. A long way to come, but I am glad we made it worth your while, for your experience to be titled sublime!! Doesn't get much better than that, so we will take that any day of the week. I apologise in advance I was unable to meet with you personally as I was out of the country "showing off" our new son to family and friends, but I am glad the team looked after you in my absence. There is a lot of belief in what we provide and a lot of desire to ensure it is done in a professional yet discreet manner. We are designed to be a very quiet, tranquil and private villa complex ideal for romantics, honeymooners or couples celebrating a special occasion as our no kids or 16yrs and over only, to create what we promote. It is great to hear that we were able to find the balance you were looking for between service, design and pricing but the team here find this balance very well due to their experience with long serving pride which brings consistency assisting in making this happen. I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again, perhaps same time next year toward the end of your at times brutal UK winter season and if I can assist in making this happen, please contact me directly luke.harley@thebale.com so I can be personally involved in ensuring round 2 was as good, if not better than round 1. Kind regards - Luke Harley

Reviewed March 4, 2014

You might wonder why i gave it 5 stars, because on my day of arrival, 2nd March, so many things in the villa wasn't working, and the climax being at 11.30pm , finding the cold water in the shower wasn't working, there is an outdoor shower as well, but i don't like outdoor showers at night...even on the day of check out, their printer wasn't working to print my bill .

Even now i am laughing at the introduction to my first day at the Bale, so why 5 stars ? -----because each time i called the butler , the problem was fixed not ASAP , but IMMEDIATELY.

Truly, these things happen, just usually not on the same day lol but the service in having the issues rectified was fantastic, ---the overall service was as good if not better than when i stayed at the Peninsula Hotel in Hong Kong, and the E&O in penang------i felt the staff at the Bale, the smiles, their willingness to do anything for you came from the heart, not because they had a meeting that morning from the manager to remind them to give great service.

The ambience is so restful, a well maintained property, and despite what i mentioned about my pavilion, that was a gem, with its beautiful sparkling pool, and garden . The wellness kit full of soaps, oils, and bath salts were superb. The complimentary soft drinks and juice that were stocked daily was a very nice gesture. As i mentioned regarding the service, well i was so touched that they remembered i said i drink a lot of coffee, & that i like fresh milk, not the powered, because coming back in the evening, after housekeeping had been , -----they had my fresh milk topped up, and lots more sachets of coffee!!!!----how marvellous is that ...

My complimentary welcome massage was bliss, so good that i booked a full massage and a facial, 2 heavenly hrs of pure pampering.

I didn't utilize the beach, coming from Perth WA, i'm only down the road from one of the best coastlines in the world, ---and i just soaked up the serenity from my garden and pool, such lazy 2 days ----even had my meals delievered from Faces restaurant.

To all the staff at the Bale, no matter how luxurious the hotel & rooms are, The Bale would not be worthy of 5 stars if it wasn't for you and i hope to see you all again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank tarni
Luke H, General Manager at The Bale, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Tarni, I apologise for the delay in replying to your posting and also for not meeting you during your time with us, as I was away for 2 weeks introducing our new son Hudson to family and friends. We are far from perfect and I thank you for your patience, respect and the opportunity for us to recover from where we fell short on your first day. You provided us the opportunity to right the wrong and in doing so we were able to recreate your impression of our product and team. This had the potential of turning into a positive or negative experience with TA posting given your arrival experience was not as it should have been and I am very proud of the team with their commitment to you as our guest to turn this around. This will not be the first or last time something like this occurs, however most important is minimising these occurences with the necessary recovery when these unforeseen circumstances happen and our team here have done this to exceed your expectations which I can't ask any more of them than that. I have said often every country in the world has beautiful hotels but it is the team that makes the experience and our team here does this in spades. I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back from Perth given it is only a hop, skip and a jump away and if I can assist in making this happen, feel free to liaise with me directly. Kind regards - Luke Harley