“When you want to be treated a like King and Queen”
Review of The Bale

The Bale
Ranked #13 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stayed in the Bale for 4 days and 3 nights with my wife on February. All i can say about the bale was "........" (speechless). I absolutely astonished on the service that they offer to me and my wife. The room was great, food was totally excellent, the main court/pool looks amazingly beautiful. What so great about this place is the people who worked there. They dedicate themselves to fully served you and the level of the service was up on the roof. We bought satay and fried calamari for our snack before dinner and the guy who served us explain to us bit by bit on what we going to eat.
The design layout of the whole villa was amazing. I already started to get excited when i was walking up the stair, walking down the main pool, and through to our room. I especially like the way they fold up the towel and form it like a swan. The combination between the sandstone wall and the traditional Balinese roof sums up everything.
It is unfortunate for us that we went on rainy season (February) we did no have the chance to jump to to the swimming pool and have a relax moment in the day bed.

I personally want to say thank you for all the staff, you guys make our holiday complete with such a please memorable place and services

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Luke H, General Manager at The Bale, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Hi aditirawan and thank you for coming to stay with us from Melbourne. I am glad you felt like royalty during your time with us and our team go out of their way to make all of guests have an enjoyable and genuinely relaxing experience. Your photos are very thorough, so thank you for posting these so others can see the real images of our product from real guests. Our environment is designed to be minimalistic while also relaxing and romantic which you both obviously experienced. Our team really enjoy providing our guests genuine Balinese style service always with a big smile on their faces. There is a lot of pride and belief in what they do and it is a priviledge to be a part of it daily. I hope you can return again to see the ducks that you enclosed in you photos and if I can assist in making this happen, please feel free to liaise with me directly luke.harley@thebale.com Kind regards - Luke Harley

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Sep 2013, my husband & I stay 3D/2N, and try most of what The Bale has -- beach club, spa, couple dinner, the library, off course breakfast -- except the fitness (we don't have time for that). For couple of big city hussle bustle like us, everything is excellent & we enjoy every moment of our stays.

It such a sweet serenity & solitude, with a stupa/borobudur temple/arupadatu concept, with wide on entrance & ground level then stepping up to our room on upper level, quite a walk every time but It likely as a kind of pilgrimage. Entering our villa room we can hear soft traditional Balinese instrument.

The breakfast, the couple dinner are all healthy & hearty.

The beach club at in front beach, Geger beach, is clean Sandy beach with blue sea blue sky, serene n relaxing, but you can also get sporty with some watersport e.g. canoeing, wind sailing.

The Bale does rejuvenate & relax us, for us The Bale is always inspiring.

I share some of our pictures; room, villa, restaurant, public area of The Bale in Idlehomemaker.wordpress.com

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Luke H, General Manager at The Bale, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Hi idolhomemaker, thank you for your belated posting and I am glad we made an impact on your stay with us, to post abut your experience 5 months after staying. The team here get great pride welcoming Indonesian guests, so they can be proud of the products, service and guest experiences the team here can create for their fellow country men/women and it is all here right on your backdoor. We are glad you were able to escape the hustle and bustle of Surabaya to come and be pampered by us and if any of your family or friends can also do the same. we would love to welcome them accordingly with the benefit of some wonderful rates and packages for our local domestic market. if we can assist in making this happen, please liaise with us directly so we can welcome them to the same experience you enjoyed. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another round of pampering. Kind regards - Luke Harley

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

My family of 5 stayed here for 4 days. We made contact with Mr Luke Harley, the General Manager, before our arrival. He made every possible effort to enquire about our needs and made arrangements to ensure that they will be met upon arrival. Indeed we were deeply impressed when we arrived. Throughout the entire stay, every member of the team showered us with the warmest hospitality. We were indeed pampered...
1. The fabulous breakfasts whipped up by their team of committed chefs and friendly waitors. They went out of their way to get us what we wanted. We needed Halal food.
2. The warm smiling faces of their dedicated and experienced butlers, concierge and frontdesk staff who offered advice and provided all imaginable assistance.
3.  The easygoing and helpful drivers who waited for us patiently and pointed out impt landmarks to us with quiet pride. Traveling within Nusa Dua is FOC courtesy of The Balè.
4. And not forgetting the spa masseurs who expertly knead away the tired knots in our bodies.
5. The rooms were 'Reset' twice a day and the complementary juices and soft drinks were replenished regularly.
6. The indoor and outdoor bath and private pool area is one luxurious complex within the villa.
And the whole The Balè team who work ceaselessly to take care of all our needs and to ensure that our holiday turned out so wonderful and unforgettable.
If we have the chance to visit Bali again, I have no doubt that we we will put up at The Balè again for their hospitality surely cannot be surpassed.

Thanks to the Team from The Balè.

Herlina
Singapore

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Luke H, General Manager at The Bale, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Hi PohLin H and thank you for the comprehensive report on our property. If I reply to all your positive points, this posting will end up like "war and peace" so I will generally say that across the board, we do enjoy our guests arriving, enjoying their time with us and leaving with a positive impression of what we do. The best thing I can say about The Bale is we enjoy it!! because we enjoy our work, we enjoy working with each other and we enjoy our environment then this flows onto the guest experience. We are not arrogant enough, nor are we narrow minded enough to think we are perfect as we are far from it, but we try our hardest and you cant ask for more than that. Our product is large, spacious and very comfortable also very well maintained and kept, by our wonderful housekeeping and engineering teams. Our service is genuine, not in your face and while professional still quite relaxed given our environment. This is what we promote and I am glad you and your family felt pampered by our team and guest experience. We all look forward to welcoming you back sooner rather than later, given Singapore is only a hop, skip and a jump from more pampering. If I can directly assist like on this occasion, feel free to contact me directly again. Kind regards - Luke Harley

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My three teenage ( 16+ ) sons and I stayed for just one night and absolutely loved it!
We stayed in a two bedroom villa ( 19/20 ) which was at the rear of the main pool. Our infinity pool actually flowed onto the main pool. The two villas were identical so well suited to two couples.
Each villa had a beautiful bathroom including an indoor and an outdoor shower.
Breakfast was excellent and would make me return just to enjoy it again. All of the staff we encountered were very friendly and very efficient. We will return !

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Bali-dreaming
Luke H, General Manager at The Bale, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Hello Bali-Dreaming and thank you for visiting us from Melbourne (one of the worlds great cities) for only 1 night. I am very glad you were able to experience our product albeit only for a short period, but we were able to make it memorable enough for you to write this entry. Our Double Pavilions are perfect for a family situation such as you experienced, or for couples travelling together. Thank you also for supplying some additional real images of our property, not just images that are professionally taken and uploaded. I think real images from actual guests like yours, are incredibly beneficial for guests who use this site as they paint an unbias image of what guests can expect. I look forward to you returning and hopefully next time for a longer period. If I can assist in making this happen, feel free to liaise with me directly at luke.harley@thebale.com We look forward to welcoming you back Kind regards - Luke Harley

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My daughter and I decided to spend 5 days at The Bale. We have stayed in many hotels all around the world and this one definitely took a shine! We did yoga and water Pilates every day where we were greeted by a very likeable and enthusiastic instructor. In conjunction with this, we spent the day at the beach where the beach is immaculately clean, the water is aqua blue and The Bale beach staff surely make you comfortable with fresh towels, cold refreshments, sun beds and an endless supply of sunscreen. We finished the day with a lovely hot stone massage at the day spa. This was an impeccable experience. You will surely feel welcomed on arrival as all staff members are very warm, welcoming and wiling to assist you with anything you require. In particular Luke (the general manager) has such a friendly and professional approach and has trained his staff exceptionally well to meet an elite standard. The accommodation is breathe taking with a private pool, numerous day beds, a selection of indoor or outdoor showers, comfortable beds which was accompanied by a breathtaking vista of the luscious lawn and well maintained garden that you wake up to! The Bale's restaurants - Tapa and Faces are an eating experience with a variety of traditional indonesian and western cuisine. This experience is complimented with welcoming staff members who have a great knowledge of what is on the menu. My daughter and I would highly recommend this accommodation!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Eliza95
Luke H, General Manager at The Bale, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Eliza95, thank you for your comprehensive review of our property. Mother and daughter holidays, father and son holidays, family holidays (as long as everyone is 16yrs and over) or simply couples celebrating a special occasion....... we are a private and relaxing environment to cover all bases. From the arrival to departure and everything in between, the team tries very hard to meet and exceed all expectations in a genuine manner. Our villa product is very spacious and comfortable, to ensure you each have your own privacy while also providing an environment to bond given your special family experience. I am glad you enjoyed the yoga and the water pilates in the comfort of your own villa pool. Not enough people do this and it is a wonderful therapy to enjoy, especially on a hot day killing 2 birds with 1 stone by exercising while also escaping the Bali heat/humidity. Our F&B offerings are very high quality, with our quiet and serene Faces restaurant by the pool and TAPA bistro providing an alternative to this in a more casual style environment with live acoustic music 3 nights per week and weekly DJ to enjoy commencing this Saturday. TAPA and our upcoming DJ sessions are not a "mosh pit" of night club like activity, but more a lounge feel to kick back, relax and enjoy some atmosphere. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back soon, as coming from Perth is not too far away and if I can assist with this, feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Visited this beautiful resort in July 2013 with my Husband. We were blessed with cool dry and very windy weather in Bali. We opted for the 5D/4N Paradise Bliss package available on the Bale's website and were not disappointed. Transfers from the airport were smooth and hassle free , we were greeted by a friendly driver who wasted no time in assisting us with our baggage and the saloon car had fruit, cold wet towels scented with lemongrass and bottled water to freshen us up after the flight from Singapore. The hotel is a quiet oasis - mainly couples (no kids) and the architecture of the premises very conduisive for those who want those additional private moments. The package included an in room seafood dinner - 2 chefs and a dedicated waiter to serve all your culinary needs (the dinner is at least 5 course and only the best seafood is selected as the hotel apparently shops for the produce the day you choose to have this in room dining experience), a spa (you can choose from a variety of treatments on their menu) which included a massage, scrub and mini facial as well as a soak in their jacuzzi and a healthy meal after the treatment, a half day excursion to Ubud (monkey forest), Taman Ayun (the King's temple dating from the 1600s) and the fabled Tanah Lot at sunset, passing through the artistic village of Kerobokan. The tour guides were NOT PUSHY and stuck to the itinerary set by the hotel so no stops at cheesy souvenir stores. They did ask if we wanted to visit a coffee plantation enroute to Tanah Lot but as sunset was fast approaching, did not push the point with us (we would not have minded going at all, though). Breakfast was included in our package and though it was ala carte, the reviews do not lie! Firstly, you can order multiple servings and the quality of the food is comparable to some of the finer restaurants in Bali. The room has a HUGE pool and a gazebo (the grounds are immaculate). While the aircon could have been a tad cooler and some of the furnishing are beginning to show signs of age, what made the difference for me was a raised bathtub with TV in the same room !! The down sides are that this hotel has no beachfront (the front desk promptly arranges for transport to send you to Nusa Dua beach just 2 minutes away) although it has a facility at the beach to provide you with beach towels and water/ showers etc.. and there are mosquitos in the room so I would encourage the Management to fumigate more often. Also, while the hotel kindly and very graciously upgraded us from a single pavilion located at the front of the resort to one at the back (facing a gold course and a forested area), because there was no perimeter fencing, that gave us a sense of insecurity (i.e. that intruders could easily enter if they wanted). This is one of the few downsides to selecting this resort.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Luke H, General Manager at The Bale, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Hi Ltl77 and thank you for your belated and extensive posting from July last year. I assure you none of us mind how long it takes to post about your experience with us after you depart and provide a 5* rating!! Your heading defines our property very well, "quiet respite" as that is exactly how it has been designed and the environment we promote. There are a large volume of properties in the Nusa Dua area that are 100+, 200+, 300+ and even close to 800 rooms, however we are very different to all of these due to our size, our private product and the fact we have a 16 years and over policy catering for our honeymoon, special occasion and couples market. Everyone here loves kids, I dare say 90% plus of our team have children so it is not an "anti kid" campaign, but moreso a point of difference that seperates us from all the hotels around us and we find this serves our guests very well, especially our honeymooners and romantics. The package you acquired is a very popular package over a 5 night stay and we also have many more packages available catering for 3 nights and more so if you can return or you have friends/family come stay with us, there are a variety of packages available to cater for all different requirements. we are also very flexible to ensure we maximise our guest experience. I note your point on the mosquitoes which is a Bali wide issue given our environment, humidity and tropical weather. We very much do all we can to minimise their existence by fogging twice weekly, wet mist twice weekly, we have coils, sprays, repellents and other in villa eradication machines to assist. If all this fails then we can also provide the villas with a beautiful and romantic net set up, which surrounds the bed while sleeping. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back, especially given you are so close being in Singapore. If I can assist in this happening, feel free to liaise with me directly luke.harley@thebale.com

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed at The Bale for one night to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We are English, but have lived in Australia for 9 years. We flew from Perth to Bali ( this is quicker and arguably easier than flying internally to Melbourne from Perth! ) arriving at The Bale at 4pm. Firstly, nothing was too much trouble for the staff. We were met by a lovely guy at the airport who remembered our first names, took our bags, provided us with beautiful fruits to eat on the way to the hotel. Staff met us at the entrance ( we felt like royalty! ), including the manager, Luke. Our Butler took us to our apartment making us a gorgeous cocktail as we took in the luxury of our surroundings. You get a very private setting with a private pool, day bed, a beautiful apartment with an outdoor shower ( it has a indoor one also ) which feels like you are washing in a waterfall ! The Bale really adheres to getting the small stuff right so that the overall stay is superb. Whilst we took in the communal areas of the Hotel late afternoon -( it has a groovie new cocktail bar with the best daiquiri's ) unbeknown to us, our Butler put rose petals in our bath, put a heart shape in rose petals on our bed & prepared our private lawn for a candle lit dinner. When we returned to our apartment it felt truly magical. Candles floated on the pool :-)
All the staff have such infectious smiles. We only wish we could have stayed longer but we had to get back so that we didn't over extend our favours with our children's babysitters. The fact that The Bale is 'child free' only adds to the layers of luxury. Happy couples make wonderful parents after all ! We returned to Perth later the following day truly relaxed & recharged planning our next trip to The Bale.

Room Tip: All rooms are private apartments so you really can't go wrong.