“Excellent. Perfect. Wonderful”

Ranked #17 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Madrid, Spain
“Excellent. Perfect. Wonderful”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Fantastic treatment from all the staff, always by our own names. The Villa was one of the best I've ever seen (I recommend those located with views to the Golf Club). Incredible bath tub, great private swimming pool, awesome beds (the one inside and the day bed), marvelous indoor and outdoor showers .
The Faces Restaurant have a wonderful service and serves high level food (I highly recommend the "Gnocchi").
The pick up service works very fine and always kindly.
They gave me all the facilities to play golf in the course close to the Hotel.
Personaly attended by the Hotel General Manager.
Giving my overview I will recommend this Hotel to all my friends and colleagues visiting Bali.

Room Tip: Those located with views to the Golf Club.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
MicheleGiraudo, General Manager at The Bale, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Dear Pablo

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. I have passed your comments to all the departments and they thank you back.

It is a pleasure and honor for us to ensure that our guests have a memorable time here with us.

I do hope to see yo again some day!

Ciao!

Michele

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We have been travelling to Bali once a year since the last six years cause my wife is deeply in love with Bali ( I hope with me too ) and we always stayed at The Bale after a few days in Ubud ( Wish we had a Bale in Ubud ). Everything at the hotel is just perfect, architecture, food, villas are huge with big swimming pools and the beach is probably one of the best for swimming cause is surrounded by a reef that protects from the big bali sea waves. But one of the best thing at The Bale are the people Michele, Jose, Rocio ( she is not there anymore )
and all the small family that makes the hotel running smooth, quiet and easy. There's just one thing missing at the hotel, the staff doesn't know how to say the word NO. My regards to everyone at The Bale. All of you are Simply the best.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JUANJOSEI
Dear Juanjose

Thank you very much for writing this kind review.

We all deeply thank you for your nice comments and we hope to welcome you both again next year.

Ciao

Reviewed October 12, 2011

Before arrival, the hotel had informed us about the noise from the construction site nearby and suggested to compensate us with some cash coupon to be used within the hotel. Since i did not want to switch to other hotel at the last moment, so we kept staying at the bale and turned out it was a correct decision. Although there was noise made by the breaker from construction site, it didnt bother us much. The noise can be easily covered or at least made you less focused on that by playing some music. Anyway, the honest notice from hotel on the noise was highly appreciated. The room is nicely decorated and look into all the details you probably need. The private swimming pool is big. The service is wonderful. Even though we arrived the beach club when it was near to close, the staff was still so nice and took care us. Nice food is offered at the hotel with reasonable price. Highly recommend this hotel for those who like small scale resort which wont be crowded with people.

• Stayed October 2011
MicheleGiraudo, General Manager at The Bale, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Dear Jochanism

Thank you for your kind review. It is highly appreciated.

I am glad that you appreciated the efforts we made to compensate you and the early notice of this breaker work. I am happy to say that it finally stopped on 11th of October and therefore even though there is some construction going on, the nuisance for our guests has disappeared.

We do work to make sure our guests are happy and we treat them like they were guests in our own houses and therefore we take extreme pride in delivering personalized and relaxed serivce to all of you.

Thank you again and please let us know when you are coming back.

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I stayed at the Bale resort this past weekend with a work colleague and we were both so impressed by everything this resort offers from the airport pickup to the private pool. I have stayed at many places that have private 'plunge pools' but none that are 1.5m and you can actually swim in them. My friend and I shared a single deluxe pavilion with 2 twin beds (which seemed much larger than US size twin beds). The room was HUGE (2800 sq feet) and it was like our own personal villa. The bedding was divine, products fantastic and a surplus of towels. We had an enormous bathtub, beautiful indoor shower and a great outdoor shower.

The resort contacted us a few days prior to check in to inquire about any special requests; I have a gluten intolerance and I let them know. When we arrived at the room they had yummy Gluten free cookies for me and restocked them every day! When we dined at the restaurant I didnt even have to tell them I was gluten free; they knew and they had delicious Gluten free bread for me to go along with my dinner. The personal touches at this place were excellent. Everyone knew your name and yet it was extremely private. The management team and staff are courteous, professional and so friendly.

The only negative thing I can muster up about the weekend trip is I wish I had more time to stay longer! I will definitely recommend this place to my friends and colleagues and I will return!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank amanda j
MicheleGiraudo, General Manager at The Bale, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Dear Amanda J

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. Myself, The Bale family and future guests are grateful to receive information about our products and services.

As I have said previously we do pride ourselves to deliver high quality service in a relaxed atmosphere, kind of a family style business. Gluten free, vegetarians, diabetics or seafood intolerant nothing is too much for us to cater to as we fully understand the need for different things for different people. The fact that we only have 27 beautiful pool villas, Pavilions helps us to tailor each and every guests' experiences.

Thank you aslo for noting the size of the pool as in fact they aren't oversize bathtubs but proper lap pools.

As discussed personally don;;t hesitate to let us knoow when you will visit us again!

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 28, 2011

This resort is absolutely top class. Definitely an ideal first stop in Bali to get over any jet lag (or at any time for that matter) while immersing yourself in all the luxuries that this resort offers. My experience started with one of the best reservation agents I have ever been in touch with - Yuni. She was absolutely fantastic and created a great first impression for the resort. I arrived from New York so it's a long haul but being met at the airport and having check-in at the villa itself rather than the front desk made everything so easy.

The villa itself was amazing. Huge private space overlooking Amanusa's golf course but still very private and this pool is way more than a plunge pool! The entrance to the villa across some water again creates an awesome first impression of the villa. Lots of outdoor space and a great day-bed, large indoor space with everything you could wish for....an awesome bathroom including a rainforest indoor shower and a great outdoor shower area also. The bath tub is incredible also positioned surrounded by glass but sitll completely private.

The service was impeccable. I still can't get over how they manage to deliver breakfast a la carte to the villa within 10-15 minutes of picking up the phone each day no matter what you order! The food overall was fantastic and the fact that the Executive Chef Attila speaks with each and every guest and discusses the food, wine and other topics is a huge plus.

The Spa was absolutely awesome. I mean the quality of the treatments is top class. Each therapist knew exactly what they were doing and it is certainly worth visiting especially after a long trip from abroad.

Overall I can't flaw the place. Very relaxing atmosphere and certainly suits those who want to spend time in their villa enjoying their personal space and just unwinding.

I must also mention the GM Michele who sat with me for a drink one of the evenings and made time to chat to every guest about their experience at the resort. This makes all the difference and is why I will always choose a small luxury boutique resort ahead of the larger branded chains each and every time. The attention to the guests and to every detail is not overlooked in any area of The Bale and I will happily recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Ronan H
MicheleGiraudo, General Manager at The Bale, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Dear Ronan H

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.com, we do appreciate the time taken for that.

Myself and the Bale Family are happy that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope you will be coming back.

On a personal note I would like to wish you all the luck with your hospitality projects in Central America.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed September 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed here during our two week honeymoon and had an absolutely magnificent time. Each room is a villa providing maximum privacy, not to mention the elegance of the artfully done stone-wood-water combinations, and green space. Clearly thought has gone into the details. The luxury of our own pool was delightful (my husband’s part fish) and we found that the entire atmosphere of the boutique hotel promotes relaxation and enjoyment. And if one somehow tires of being inside, the daybed and lounge chairs outside beckon. The staff are genuinely friendly and went out of their way to help us with whatever requests we had, from organizing a car for the day to sharing local wisdom, to tracking down a safety pin!

We did our due diligence and read other reviews, requesting a room away from the road (then realizing most of the were away from the road), and packing mosquito spray (that we didn’t need).

Breakfasts were outstanding. I’m an Eggs Benedict connoisseur and this plate was possiblythe best I’ve ever had. Not to mention the bacon. My husband and I are…mmm how to say – bacon fiends. And no one was ever even slightly chintzy. We tried a number of restaurants in the area, and had decent-to-good meals but our favorites were the ones at the hotel. The beds were so comfortable that both of us slept in every day – even the one of us who usually has constant back and neck problems slept beautifully!

My husband went for a surf one afternoon and I stayed “home”, planning to wander around the nearby shopping areas and get coffee a little later. But then I realized… I'm utterly relaxed, comfortable, and delightfully happy right here. Why would I go anywhere else?! And that’s when I discovered that The Balé also has reeeeeeeeally good coffee. Heaven. Although, really, I should not at all have been surprised; the manager, Michele, is of Italian descent and impeccable taste. His professionalism and customer-oriented guest relations are genuine and excellent. Additionally, The Balé is run as a family, meaning employees are cared for above minimum standards. This was the best vacation we’ve ever had.

THANK YOU to Michele and everyone at the Balé for such an unforgettable stay!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Adam J
Dear Adam J

Thank you for taking the time to post this valuable article on TripAdvisor.com as I am sure it will help future guests to make the right choice of hotel when visiting the South of Bali.

It was a pleasure to have you and Adam at the resort during the 12 nights of your honeymoon.
I am extremely happy and proud of The Bale family for managing to deliver to you a great experience right at the start of your married life.

I have passed the compliments to all the departments involved and mentioned in your review.

I hope all is well for you both in Hong Kong and I hope to see you again one of these days.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We just had the pleasure of spending a week in a deluxe single pavilion. It was serene, comfortable and luxurious. We really enjoyed our private outdoor pool and the relaxing, shaded bale. We knew the accommodations would be outstanding but we were not prepared for such gourmet food at EVERY meal. Chef Attila and his crew (especially Rastiti) were gracious, friendly and accommodating -- including making a fabulous chicken curry at our request. The Bale offers extremely fine dining and I would encourage all to upgrade to the deluxe single pavilion, which includes cocktails and dinner (breakfast is included with all rooms). I've had the privilege of staying at all three Bali Aman resorts and the two Four Seasons; the Bale exceeds them in every way. Michele, the general manager, does a great job of leading the Bale staff and exceeding the expectations of his guests. I would recommend the Bale to those seeking a refined, relaxing retreat!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a single deluxe pavilion.
Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank AZClipper
MicheleGiraudo, General Manager at The Bale, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Dear AZClipper

Thank you very much for the time consecrated to writing this review. I, Attila, Rastiti and the whole Bale family really appreciate it and we are both proud and happy to have managed to exceed your expectations, especially because of your previous travels to Bali to very nice properties!

It was a true pleasure to meet you and your sister and to be able to help you to spend a relaxing week with us.

I hope to welcome you again in the future and don't hesitate to let your "Diver friend" contact me for any tips he may need for his upcoming Bali diving trip.

Ciao!