This was our 2nd stay with Grand Hyatt Hotel. After not so nice experience with cleanliness in our 1st stay we decided to request for room in a higher floor. Considering that the humidity is high the room in ground floor will always had that horrid smell of mold in bathroom. And maybe more mosquitoes because it open directly to the small ponds when we opened the room terrace.
So this time we were given room in the 5th floor, and proofed to be true, the room was cleaner, no smell, everything is great. Just the walk to the beach and pool were quite far, and the view were other buildings and other rooms terrace.
The beach was dirty at this time of the year, however the current was good for us to enjoy a swim. This time we took the breakfast in the italian restaurant and surprisingly it was better than the garden cafe. It was delicious and had a better ambience as it was facing the pool. We also took a sip and some appetizer in the bar on top of the hill. The selections of mini appeappetizer was a selection of tapas and a big portions (only Rp 46,000!). Even our ice lemon tea cost us more (Rp 50,000 per glass)
I also did some shopping in the shops around the hotel. The Shop that sell bikinis and other swimwear is a real gem, price is moderate and I managed to get the beautiful bikinis with really good price, some hats for the little ones and myself and surf shorts for the boys. The famous Balinese local handmade embroidery Uluwatu shop is also there, the colletion is really cool and a must buys.
All in all, this trip changes our view little bits about Grand Hyatt Bali, they could do better though by renovating the pathway/corridor leading to the lobby. It had shown its age and feel like walking in a very old hotel. However we really love the gardens, it is so beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering a welcoming atmosphere where you can enjoy the island’s tropical splendor, Grand Hyatt Bali is a true reflection of a Balinese water palace, with 636 rooms featured in clusters of four villages, surrounded by waterfalls, landscaped gardens and lagoons set on 41-acre of lush tropical gardens. Naturally blessed with 650-metre stretch white sandy beach, the hotel has one of the most beautiful views of the Nusa Dua coastline. Enhance the holiday pleasure with our five swimming pools, as well as The Bay Club Fitness Centre and Kids Club. Moreover, Kriya Spa offers the discerning traveler an authentic Balinese healing experience with 24 luxurious spa villas for treatments and full day spa programs. Enjoy endless dining options with 5 restaurants and 3 bars, each offering a different experience and signature, spread across the hotel. Grand Hyatt Bali is within convenient distance from the airport, 12 km away or 15- minute drive by car; and 30 km away from the city centre of Denpasar or 30-minute drive by car. The hotel is strategically located close to Nusa Dua’s main destinations: BNDCC, a renowned convention centre is 5 minutes drive, Bali Collection shopping centre is just opposite our hotel, Bali National Golf is 5 minutes drive, and Waterblow is 10 minutes walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hyatt Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Bali Hotel Nusa Dua
- Grand Hyatt Nusa Dua
- Hyatt Nusa Dua
- Bali Grand Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Hotel Bali
- Nusa Dua Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Bali Nusa Dua