“Great Hotel on the Beach” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Hyatt Bali

Grand Hyatt Bali
Ranked #21 of 51 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Portland, Oregon
“Great Hotel on the Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt for one night. It's located inside a gated community of 5 star hotels, its beautiful, on the beach. The service staff was friendly. If you stay at the sister hotel Bali Hyatt, which costs less, you can take the free shuttle from Bali Hyatt in Sanur (45 minutes) to the Grand Bali Hyatt. The rooms are amazing. Its a family hotel, there were a lot of loud kids, it can be romantic if you stay away from the pool and sun bath at the beach. The hotel is on the beach. Similar to the Bali Hyatt in Sanur, the towels were not very clean. There were dead insects and spots on the towels, I didnt get any new bites here but at this point I covered myself w/bug repellent. Its a large complex, the staff is friendly and willing to help. I would recommend it if you have a family w/kids, just bring your own towel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cyberjaya, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Plan to for a long vacation with my buddy at Bali 2-10 Aug. Decide to redeem nice suite at Grand Hyatt Bali on 27 June 2013. (Confirmation Number : 24964873) During the booking process, I call to confirm for twin bed with another extra bed.

I just check in to Grand Hyatt Bali today (8 Aug 2013). Room 2122. Nice hotel with great view, front desk assistance is very helpful and confirm that I have a twin bed suite with extra bed.

My room is ready at 1PM, when we walk in the room found out the room only come with a King size bed but not twin bed, and of course no extra bed. I called the house keeping (ext. 6) to check for the bed arrangement, she told me I get a upgraded room so I need to be happy with current condition. I felt pretty much insulted by her commend as I earn the points myself and redeem the room using my points. Does this means because I do not pay real cash for the room and I get different treatment from 5-stars hotel standard?

After waited for 1 hour, I call to front desk (ext. 0) told them my condition. They said they will check again. Waited for another 30 mins, my friend is tried and fall sleep on the living hall. I decided to walk to front desk to tell my request. Then they start to send people to change the bed and add another bed to the room.

Summary.
I do not understand why I need to do few escalation and even help the hotel to do the coordination for my request?
So if I redeem the room, is there anything less I should expect from Hyatt?
I just experience better experience from another 5-stars chain at Macau last month. My current stay is not even near to their standard.
From your Platinum member : 512186680Y

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank SiaSiawKiang
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Our family spent four days at the Grand Hyatt in Bali. The room was large and luxurious. We could convert the day bed into a bed for our son. The property is beautiful- with gardens everywhere and the beach after crossing them. We were not located on the beach, but had the large fish pond outside our ground floor room. Our two young children spent quite some time watching the fish and feeding them bread (helps napping parents)

Excellent buffet, specially at breakfast and great hotel. Conveniently located in Nusa Dua, so you can eat out if you want to. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Travel_with_Kidz12
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is a very nice but also very big hotel in Nusa Dua in Bali. Some 600 rooms. When we were there it was certainly not busy as we hardly saw other people. We had a ocean view bedroom for 4 persons. Using this room with 4 persons was a bit tight as the room has 3,5 beds in stead of 4 but we managed fine. The resort is big but has anything you need in it. Very nice and clean beach and swimming pools. Very safe pool. Unfortunately swimming in the sea is not an option as the red flag was in top every day we were there so I am guessing that at this part of Bali the sea is just to rough to swim in. But the beach is very nice and the swimming we did in one of the pools. The only disadvantage I can think of of this hotel is the price of the food. The food is very expensive. What a lot of people do and we did as well is just walk out of the gate of the hotel (5 minutes walk). There is a huge shopping centre with at least 15 restaurants which are nice (live music etc.) and very affordable. But all in all we like the Hyatt a lot and for sure we will come back here in the future.

2 Thank Diederik B
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were there in July'2013 with our two boys.They had separate bed and small fish pond out side the room with beautiful ocean view made it all the more special. I loved everything about the hotels, the restaurants, breakfast buffet, good guest service, very nice & tranquil beach.The view from the lobby is just incomparable.

Room Tip: I liked our rooms , it was Ocean View Twin - Bed And Breakfast.
1 Thank DrifterP
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had booked this hotel before reading any Trip Advisor reviews and really questioned weather we had done the right thing after reading the reviews....
Once we arrived though any reservations we had were very quickly forgotten.
The resort and the friendly staff were not lacking in any way and our whole family loved every second.
The resort was beautifully maintained, clean, jam packed with facilities for the whole family.
The staff were just gorgeous too...
Perfect holiday - we wouldn't stay anywhere else in Nusa Dua now.

1 Thank Natalie L
Lismore Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

The grand Hyatt is a massive hotel in an enclave with other massive hotels in Nusa Dua. While it has beautiful grounds, excellent pools and a great beach as well as a wide range of restaurants i'm not sure why you would hop in a plane to travel to Bali and stay in a resort like this. It is just a large hotel with little to remind you that you are actually in Bali. There are far better 5 star hotels and villas closer to Kuta and Seminyak where you can experience a real taste of Bali. Nothing really wrong with the Hotel its just that it's a sanitised version of a Bali holiday.

Room Tip: Get a Club Room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple