“just wonderful”

Ranked #20 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Istanbul, Turkey
“just wonderful”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Grand Hyatt Bali has a huge swimming pool and a garden which has different Bali flowers and trees. I've stayed in a deluxe room and we were honeymoon couples. the staff was really good at their job. but the room has no computer and wi-fi. we had to pay for internet. the price of internet was very high. There are different restaurants and pubs in the hotel. and there was a small gift shop. There is a mall (Bali Collection) near the hotel. and it has lots of spas and restaurants. cheaper than the hotel. By the way, the breakfast is really good. and the hotel is very clean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GulsahG

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel. It's a massive complex spread across the beach front, with its own set if shops and water sports.

The hotel grounds are beautifal.

The room was lovely, very modern and clean. We stayed in a grand room which we had no problems with other than the air con was not as cold as we would have liked.

Staff at the hotel are lovely and very helpful.

Breakfast was good and there is plenty available. My only criticism is that you have to ask staff if you want some butter (strange?) and by the time it arrived my toast was always cold. Only a minor criticism though!

The pool is huge and is spread across the complex with a few water slides - fantastic if you have children and they seemed very popular with families. We never had any problem getting a bed.

My main criticism is that the pool bar food and drink is unnecessarily expensive - as I write this review I am sitting by the pool looking at the menu - a SMALL can of local beer is £4 ($6 US) and a ham and cheese sandwich is £6.50 ($10 US) I know hotel prices are usually more but this is a bit of a rip off if you ask me.

The beach is lovely - clean, and many beds are available.

The hotel have Balinese buffet nights which I highly recommend, again quite expensive £25 or $39 US pp (not including drinks) but the food is of a high standard with an abundant array of sea food and local Balinese dancers.
If you like sea food make the most of this as local restaurants are very expensive for sea food.

The nearby Bali collection is nice enough but again expensive. I paid 6 times the price of UK prices for some toileteries we needed!
A great tip here - speak to the locals working out the front who will recommend other restaurants in Nusa dua out of the bali collection that offer a free shuttle service to and from the hotel!

Overall, the hotel is lovely and worthy of a 5* but a little on the expensive side if you want to pay for anything.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Jhanco575
Sydney
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Our third trip to Bali, we are huge fans of th Bali Hyatt in Sanur & choose to stay there above all others in Sanur so we had great expectations of the "Grand' Hyatt.
Check in was rude & I had a horrible feeling we had been allocated the worst room in the hotel as we walked the long walk south. Turns out that it wasn't the worst room as that would have been upstairs, at least we were down stairs. Our room looked directly into the conference room. Is this a joke I asked myself? The room itself was amazing, wonderful, comfortable beyond our needs & grand. I loved the room.
Anyway shock over we venture out for lunch & down to Salsa Verde where the service was strange. The waitress even said to us " I know you been in Bali a while because your skin in dark!!!!!!" OK.
Anyway thankfully after the first 2 hours in this hotel things looked up.
The river pool is amazeballs. The slide was the highlight of our stay & we spent far too many hours sliding down it. Was excellent.
We attended a dance performance which was excellent. My daughter was even allowed to have her picture taken with the dancers - made her little day!
We had room service a couple of time which was always hot & fresh.
Sleep quality was poor due to groups of conference delegates coming & going at all hours plus we had the pleassure of hearing the banquests department setting up the conference rooms in the middle of the night!
Breakfast the first morning we went to Salsa verde again - was good. The next morning we went to the other room over the north side & it was even better.
The beach out the front was lovely & we enjoyed a few locals selling their wares in an easy going, pleasant way.
Having Bali Collection across the road is excellent. Not to eat at thought (yuck) but to change money, do some shopping, grab an ice cream.
We had our final dinner at the Japanese restaurant & LOVED IT! It was so expensive though but the food was lovely.
Check was smooth
All in all we won't be back & we might recommend the hotel but probably there are better out there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't look into the conference rooms & is away from groups of delegate...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MonoWilli
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt for 2 nights in July and absolutely loved it! The compound is HUGE so please be prepared to get lost or ask your way around. The room was great with all the amenities we needed and the staff were all lovely and helpful. Buffet spread for breakfast was amazing as well. One thing that could do with improvement is the wifi/internet service. It is not complimentary and they charge you at USD 15 per day for wireless access PER device! Also, do remember to lock your room doors at all times because the room service/housekeeping staff tend to open the room door right after knocking without giving you enough time to respond.

All in all it was a great experience, and we loved the beach at Nusa Dua so much better than the one at Seminyak.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FRXY
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel is great but be warned it is expensive. Luckily I was there on business so I did not have to fork out the huge expense to stay at this hotel. Don't get me wrong, the hotel, rooms, gardens and amenities are sufficient. But I could certainly not stay here with my family for a holiday. I live in SOuth Africa and the cost just to get there plus hotel cots would be outrageously expensive. I could do a Mauritius holiday just with the cost of one person staying at the Hyatt.

Room Tip: Try and get something a little close to the main lobby, otherwise you are in for a trek to the pool...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Rob D
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We've been going to Bali every year for the past 11 years, trying out different hotels in Nusa Dua and Tanjong Benoa. We absolutely loved Hyatt and continued to stay there frequently compared to all the other hotels.

However, I started to notice some changes during our recent stay (1st - 3rd July).

The staff were not as friendly. We always looked forward to coming back to Hyatt as the service was truly amazing. The concierge sounded irritated when I complained about the air-cond in our room.

We had breakfast at Pasar Senggol on the first day and the waiter seemed half-hearted when serving us at breakfast. However, the staff at the other side of the hotel where breakfast is also served were friendly.

Breakfast is definitely way below the 5-star standard. The quality was extremely poor and the spread was unsatisfying. The juices were not fresh, the selection of bread seemed like it was from a cheap bakery. There was always a shortage of plates and I always had to ask the waiters for them.

The pool section is in need of a makeover in terms of the deck chairs. Its still the plastic ones, making it look cheap. Other hotels have all started using modern wooden ones which really changes the whole look of the pool area.

Even so, Hyatt is still beautiful and in my opinion, has the best hotel lobby in all of Nusa Dua and Tanjong Benoa. The salsa bar is amazing and is definitely worth a visit. Rooms are as usual clean and spacious.

I still love this hotel and felt quite sad when we were about to leave as I felt a sense of discontent- it didn't feel like the Hyatt it used to be during our previous stays.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Marina M
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I visited the GHB more than 10 years ago and im glad to say they have maintaIed the property very well and thoroughly enjoyed my visit this time again. The small changes they made were nice but I like the fact that it has retained its original charm in many ways

Room Tip: Staying in the Club wing of the property is well worth it
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family